Hi All, I'm new here and will be getting married in March 2014. I admire all the planning everyone has done to date.
I'm not having a very traditional wedding. By that I mean:venue
- at home (ceremony followed by an afternoon reception) people can then stay on for dinner, stay the night and breakfastguest list
- about 150 with lots and lots of kidscaterer
- mainly me celebrate
- a friendphotographer
- not having one ( we are asking our family and friends to bring their cameras and capture shots for us. I'll develop a checklist to add in with the invites to inspire. I'll also include a CD for them to send their photos back)flowers
- either picked from the garden (if the deer stop eating them) or paper ones as a back up.decorations
- I've folded 1000 paper cranes which I'll make into mobiles to hang from the ceilinginvitations
- origami heartstheme
- mismatched - lots of colours, I'm buying glasses, plates etc from op shops, borrowing from friends etc.dress
- might go the buy online from china, tea length or shorter if the legs get in shapeWedding cake
- wasn't going to have one, but Mum has given me a beautiful knife and cake server, so will have to have a cake now.
Reading through all the posts I have a little bit of green eyed monster in me. I would love to have a formal wedding/reception etc but with a budget of between $3,000 - $5,000 that is not going to happen.
Looking forward to hearing everyones plans.