A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: 2014 Brides

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 pm

haha, I feel your pain, Stephie- FH and I have found that the issue is not booking people, or finding them, but just finding the time to meet with everyone. Luckily we've got over a year, but still, I just want to lock everything in so I can nap, hahaha

stephie-lea

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:26 pm

anjelik wrote:
haha, I feel your pain, Stephie- FH and I have found that the issue is not booking people, or finding them, but just finding the time to meet with everyone. Luckily we've got over a year, but still, I just want to lock everything in so I can nap, hahaha

I feel the same anjelik- I just want to get everything locked in so I don't have to stress about it later. We ended up having to reschedule our appointment with the photographer because FH ended up working overtime. As I write this he still isn't home so the poor guy has been working 16+ hours straight :? This is so typical for us and makes it a nightmare to try and organise appointments. I just want to get the main stuff done before I go back on placement because then our schedules just become impossible with both of us doing random and usually very long hours. Fingers crossed he isn't working late on monday so we don't have to re-reschedule!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:47 am

I'm finding it hard to find the money to book in the big things ATM! I just spent $600 on textbooks for uni.

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:10 pm

KG'sGirl wrote:
I'm finding it hard to find the money to book in the big things ATM! I just spent $600 on textbooks for uni.

I am so glad that I am finished with Uni! And the cost of the textbooks are a rort! We pay enough for each subject at uni- they should be included in the cost.

stephie-lea

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:58 pm

KG'sGirl wrote:

I feel your pain KG's girl- I just finished buying all my equipment and books for this year and so far I'm down $1700! Thats on top of the money I have to find to do my compulsory interstate or international "elective" placement in my holidays in January next year- the uni must think I'm made of money :?

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:18 pm

stephie-lea wrote:
KG'sGirl wrote:

I feel your pain KG's girl- I just finished buying all my equipment and books for this year and so far I'm down $1700! Thats on top of the money I have to find to do my compulsory interstate or international "elective" placement in my holidays in January next year- the uni must think I'm made of money :?

They encourage everyone to only work 15 hours per week, but the costs associated with going to uni are astronimical at times let alone the costs of living outside of uni,

Luckily we have plenty of time before the big day. Our photographer offers 24month interest free payments - means our photography is costing us $22 a week. Its a big help.

stephie-lea

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 pm

KG'sGirl wrote:
stephie-lea wrote:
KG'sGirl wrote:

They encourage everyone to only work 15 hours per week, but the costs associated with going to uni are astronimical at times let alone the costs of living outside of uni,

Luckily we have plenty of time before the big day. Our photographer offers 24month interest free payments - means our photography is costing us $22 a week. Its a big help.

Tell me about it- we sign contracts saying we will not work more than 8 hours a week so unless you have rich parents the requirements are all but impossible. I have been extremely lucky that FH is happy to support me coz the poor guy has already been looking after me at uni for 5 years. Looking forward to looking after him for once when I graduate!

thundercat

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi All, I'm new here and will be getting married in March 2014. I admire all the planning everyone has done to date.

I'm not having a very traditional wedding. By that I mean:
venue - at home (ceremony followed by an afternoon reception) people can then stay on for dinner, stay the night and breakfast
guest list - about 150 with lots and lots of kids
caterer - mainly me
celebrate - a friend
photographer - not having one ( we are asking our family and friends to bring their cameras and capture shots for us. I'll develop a checklist to add in with the invites to inspire. I'll also include a CD for them to send their photos back)
flowers - either picked from the garden (if the deer stop eating them) or paper ones as a back up.
decorations - I've folded 1000 paper cranes which I'll make into mobiles to hang from the ceiling
invitations - origami hearts
theme - mismatched - lots of colours, I'm buying glasses, plates etc from op shops, borrowing from friends etc.
dress - might go the buy online from china, tea length or shorter if the legs get in shape
Wedding cake - wasn't going to have one, but Mum has given me a beautiful knife and cake server, so will have to have a cake now.

Reading through all the posts I have a little bit of green eyed monster in me. I would love to have a formal wedding/reception etc but with a budget of between $3,000 - $5,000 that is not going to happen.

Looking forward to hearing everyones plans. :D

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Love the papercrane idea, Thundercat!
Mum and I made 1000 last year and they look so lovely as decorations.
And you know what, it doesn't matter how much you spend- you're going to have a beautiful day and that's what matters.
I'm only spending so much because of family contributions, and I know it would mean a lot to them for us to have the big party they've dreamed of. FH and I never imagined spending so much.

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Welcome Thundercat! I cant wait to hear more about your day its sounds so interesting.

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:32 am

Welcome Thundercat!

I think that green-eyed monster comes out in all of us when we're planning a wedding! I thought I had a very generous budget, but then you enter the world of wedding planning and wow!

I really LOVE your idea of different plates and think you are such a brave lady, catering for all those people by yourself! Can't wait to see menu!!

Are you on a farm or something to be able to fit that many people? Can't wait to see more of your plans!

AFM- I put a deposit on my wedding dress. I am excited about it- I think it is going to be perfect for the day and it is sooo comfortable! I need to get a move on with the STDs. They have been sitting on top of the tv cabinet for ages but getting addresses for everyone is such a pain!

Mandy Moo

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:26 pm

miss_summer wrote:
I need to get a move on with the STDs. They have been sitting on top of the tv cabinet for ages but getting addresses for everyone is such a pain!

THIS is my problem also! They have been sitting on my dining room table ready to go for over a month now.....Addressing them is what i keep putting off. I really need to get onto it asap. :?

Mandy Moo

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:31 pm

So i mentioned a while back that my gown was in, I finally went and tried it on about two weeks ago. It is AMAZING! It looked even better in the colour i wanted, looked even more amazing on than before.....And the best part about it was that it is MY gown....THE gown i will be wearing on my wedding day.

So so so so in love with it! I took all of my jewelry and shoes to try with it, and everything looks great together.
It only needs a few alterations such as taking in the bodice and possibly the length(depending which hoop i choose to go with)I seriously did not want to take the dress off.....

I cannot wait to try it on again at my future fittings and on our Wedding day! :heart:

thundercat

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 am

Thanks for the welcome.

I just laugh everytime I see STDs written, maybe it's just me but I think the wedding industry should come up with a better acronym. I'm not sending any out, although I have sent a quick email to interstate and overseas guests letting them know the date.

Picked up more plates at a car boot sale yesterday. Have to love only paying 20 - 50 cents each. I set myself a budget of $300 to get all the glasses/plates/cutley/serving plates etc. I think I'll make it. Got 70 cake forks for $2.00 last week.

My goals for March is to finish folding all the invites, each one takes about 5 minutes to fold (it's an origami heart) and to start exercising (having two kids within 15 months takes it's toll on the body)

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:57 pm

I always do to Thundercat, it's not great!

Did up our wedding budget properly in Excel at work today, and also planned what I still need to buy (apart from clothing). I really, really need to get cracking on the (haha)STDs, I just can't get motivated.

delaneyyyy

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:08 am

We are getting Married on March 1st at The Portsea Hotel. :)

Mandy Moo

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Well i FINALLY posted most of my STD's today. All this planning is becoming such a chore now.... hope it gets exciting again soon! lol

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:40 am

We have finally paid off the deposit for the reception venue!

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Wow so much productivity!!! I have found a dress for one of my bridesmaids! (they aren't matching). We were having brunch and found it by absolute fluke!! I love having time to let fate take control of these things!!

Mandy Moo

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 pm

I actually found my Vera Wang Toasting Flutes at 50% off today! SO SO SO SO happy! They are beautiful!! :heart: :heart:

Miss_Summer, its awesome when things just fall into place! :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.46