A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Re: 2014 Brides

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm feeling really de-motivated about the wedding, it is still so. far. away! I feel like it is too far away to be planning anything other than the reception, ceremony and photography - which we have done. It was over 2 years to go when we got engaged, and we are already down to less than 18 months but I just want it to be here already.

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:19 am

I know what you mean KGs Girl! Last year I kept thinking why did I plan such a long engagement?

If I was to have my time again, I would have made it much sooner- because now all my wedding planning excitement is kind of lulled and I haven't done stuff for ages!
And with only 8 months to do- I kind of need to get on things like bridesmaids, getting measured for my dress, organising the boys outfits and going and seeing out lovely minister to plan the ceremony. We also still need to do our engagement shoot, and I haven't decided what I am going to do for invitations, transport, flowers, cake, all those fiddly things that I was mad keen on a year ago but it was too far away to do anything!!

Peaches1988

Mon May 20, 2013 8:12 am

Hey Everyone

I too am a 2014 bride-to-be :D 4th of April to be exact.

I originally only booked the venue and photographer in November last year and had planned to leave everything else till the 2nd half of this year but luckily a friend of my told me about how early things like makeup artists etc book up in advance. So one booking turned into many and it has been one full on month of wedding planning!

The most exciting thing in the last week is finding my dress!!! and I am just in LOOOVE. I go back today for a final look, put a deposit down and have my initial measurements taken so the material can start being collected. Final measurements then in August/September and the dress should arrive in February with alterations in March.

I think I have also narrowed down my bridesmaids dresses to two options, one we have tried (first place we looked) and fell in love with it but there is another one I want to try before deciding. We have lots of time so im not in a rush.

So a run through of what I have ticked off my list so far

Booked:
Ceremony: The Tea Room Gunners Barracks, Mosman NSW :heart:
Reception:The Tea Room Gunners Barracks
Pre-Wedding Photo's: Bradley's Head, Mosman
Night before Accommodation: The Naval Cottages
Celebrant: Robyn Pattison
Photographer: Natalie Howe
Stylist/Florist: Chanele Rose Flowers and Styling
Make Up: the incredible Christina Cleary
Hair: Marie Hair Designs
MC: my amazing Uncle
Beautician: Daniela Professional Beauty Therapy...never had a facial before now but one a month is really helping with my very breakout prone skin

Decided but not booked yet:
Boys Accommodation: Cremorne Point Manor
Harpist for the ceremony: Belinda Pring
Rings: Cerrone to match my engagement ring
Cake: Crumbs Cake Art
Dress and Veil: Pronovias Pertunia, Marry Me Bridal, Mosman
Honeymoon: Driving holiday in New Zealand

Still to decide:
Bridesmaids Dresses
Wedding night Accommodation
Stationary and Invitations
Jewellery
Shoes
Suits
Wedding night accommodation
Favours

Biggest thing for me now is losing the 20kg I have out on in the last year....I will be devastated if I am this weight when I walk down the aisle.

Hope you all have a great Monday, I love reading about all your planning!

Cheers
Peaches

The view from the terrace at Gunners Barracks!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Welcome again!

Your venue is just stunning!

I know what you mean about losing the weight before the wedding - I have between 20-30 I would like to lose to look amazing. Its just hard, but worth it.

Peaches1988

Tue May 21, 2013 8:41 am

Yay I did it, I put the deposit down on my dress!! :D So happy :D :D :heart: :heart: :heart:

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 21, 2013 7:48 pm

:bdance: :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Just impulse purchased FH's wedding band as the website was having a sale! :D

Peaches1988

Wed May 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Thats so exciting miss_alice, I have to save more money before I can tick that item off my list but cant wait to be a Mrs this time next year :D :heart: :heart:

A question from me:

How many months before your wedding are you all organising your invitations/stationary and cake?

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Peaches1988 wrote:
Thats so exciting miss_alice, I have to save more money before I can tick that item off my list but cant wait to be a Mrs this time next year :D :heart: :heart:

A question from me:

How many months before your wedding are you all organising your invitations/stationary and cake?

He wanted a Tungsten band (gold is too soft for his job and could get easily damaged) so it was only $140 including post.

I'm getting married 5 April and will be sending out invites in Jan. I'm sending out save the dates soonish (after report writing is over).
I've already looked at the style so I know what I'm going to be getting. I'll probably order around Sept-ish just to get it & can then just take my time in writing up addresses. During my regular work weeks I have a lot of work to during at night (doing lessons, marking etc) so I tend to leave bigger jobs like that to the school holidays :)

As for cake, I've already organised who I am going with to confirm the date and we will organise design and flavour sometime early next year I think.

Mandy Moo

Sat May 25, 2013 5:12 pm

8 MONTHS TO GOOOOOO to the day! :)

In other news i finally found and booked a makeup artist! Yay!

Foreign_Soul

Sat May 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Finally set a date- 22nd March 2014!

Excited but nervous as I have no idea what I'm doing! Weddings are so confusing!!!

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 26, 2013 10:59 am

Oh My Gosh- I can't believe I am 7 months out! Time has flown so quickly. Massive update from us is we are moving to a completely different city!

Wedding will still be in Brisbane in Jan, but we'll have to arrange the rest of it from NSW, just outside of Sydney. It has thrown a huge spanner in the works as we still need to get our engagement photos done (we wanted a winter engagement shoot to contrast against the summer wedding), do all our paperwork and preparation with the minister, book our cake, hair and Make up, transport, flowers, accom, groomsmen outfits, bridesmaids, invite, I need to get measured for my dress and get it ordered. It's just gotten away from me a little bit! and FH leaves in 2 and 1/2 weeks! I leave in a month!

I desperately need some recs for hair and make up in brisbane, that isn't hugely expensive, as I am paying for myself, my three BMs, my FG and my Mum. We are happy to go to them (as I think I will go mad waiting around the house all day).

We are tasting cakes next weekened, and I am also getting measured for my dress then too.

Has anyone planned a wedding from out of state? Any tips?

Peaches1988

Sun May 26, 2013 11:03 am

Heading into Double Bay today with my mum and my two sisters to look at bridesmaids dresses :D

CrazyKitty21

Tue May 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Im getting married 3rd May 2014
We have the ceremony venue booked and paid for, the Celebrant booked, Reception booked, my dress sorted, photographers booked, and the bouquets and button holes sorted :)
We have looked at a few other things but still sorting it all out :)

jbride85

Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Ladies

I am getting married on Feb 22nd - less than 9 months left to go. Im trying to organise as much as possible early so I don't have to stress later

Booked/Done
Ceremony and Reception - Immerse in the yarra Valley
Photographer
Celebrant
My Dress
DJ
Make Up
Hair
Honeymoon
Wedding night accomodation
Lolly Buffet Jars and Scoops
Photobooth
Cars

Booking/To Do List
Bridesmaid dress shopping - i have 3 girls in different dresses - found the dresses online have two girls left to try theirs on this weekend then I am ordering them
Table Centrepieces - Speaking with florist in 2 weeks
Ceremony Decorations - Speaking with florist in 2 weeks
STD's - FH is good with photoshop and very creative - good way to get him involved with the wedding

Still seems like there is alot of stuff left to do

jbride85

Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Ladies

I am getting married on Feb 22nd - less than 9 months left to go. Im trying to organise as much as possible early so I don't have to stress later

Booked/Done
Ceremony and Reception - Immerse in the yarra Valley
Photographer
Celebrant
My Dress
DJ
Make Up
Hair
Honeymoon
Wedding night accomodation
Lolly Buffet Jars and Scoops
Photobooth
Cars

Booking/To Do List
Bridesmaid dress shopping - i have 3 girls in different dresses - found the dresses online have two girls left to try theirs on this weekend then I am ordering them
Table Centrepieces - Speaking with florist in 2 weeks
Ceremony Decorations - Speaking with florist in 2 weeks
STD's - FH is good with photoshop and very creative - good way to get him involved with the wedding

Still seems like there is alot of stuff left to do

jbride85

Thu May 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Oh dear it double posted - Sorry ladies

Peaches1988

Thu May 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Found the perfect BM dress but only 1 BM has been able to try it on as its a size 10 :o and my other BM is a 14. Luckily I got a call today that the store is getting in a bigger size and it should arrive in August, so just in time before we hit the order deadline :D Lucky my wedding isn't till April!

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:35 pm

It has been a while since I last posted- I have been bogged down busy with work. What have I done recently weddingwise....
- I started making the wedding wish bracelet cards.
- Purchased our gifts (photo wine bottle stopper)
- planted cactus seeds- may be too late however as apparently they can take years to grow and you need like heat lamp incubators... :( If they don't grow though. I may just use herbs.
- I also started to collect jars to make hanging jars with tea lights in them.

Can't believe how fast this wedding is creepy up so quickly... will be here before I know it!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:02 pm

I've still got over a year to go :( I know the time will fly but it just feels like nothing is happening.

I paid the deposit on our photographer this week, and I need to lock in the ceremony next week for our new date.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16