A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Moderator Team
The Mod Squad
The Mod Squad
Topic Author

May 2013

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 pm

A place for all the May 2013 brides to discuss their wedding plans!

krittyb

Re: May 2013

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:38 pm

YAY! I've been waiting for this to open!

Can't wait to see what everyone has planned already and read about ideas and themes etc!

We've locking in May 2nd 2013 at Butleigh Wootton, Kew. Yes, it's a Thursday but it doesn't bother us! They gave us the venue for the whole day at no extra charge :)
We will be having a beautiful twilight ceremony! Can't wait!

So far we've booked/paid/paid deposits for:
Ceremony & reception
Celebrant
Car hire
Honeymoon tickets (exciting!!)
Some accommodation - more to be booked in Jan
DJ
Cake
Wedding dress - Lace has been bought! Fittings start in Jan
Shoes
Bridesmaid Dresses & Shoes
Gifts for bridal party

Invites & stationery have been designed - mock ups to be made soon
Flowers are locked in but won't know def. details till closer to the wedding date

Suiting is next on our list, been to a few places but nothing has jumped out at us yet.
Last edited by krittyb on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

krittyb

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Oooo Congratulations! :)

You sound like you've been busy too!
I think it will make it easier closer to the day if we've got everything in order early on! Gives you time to sort out the little things so you don't forget them too. :)

We are only two days apart!
Where are you getting married?

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:50 pm

we are getting married 11th May 2013

have booked and paid deposit for
rotunda (ceremony)
celebrant (chris brember, got a great deal of the ceremony normally costs $550 we are getting it for $395 and hes not charging for travelling).

next week we pay the deposit on the car (bogart limos, 1930 chev limo)

ours is a small wedding (maximum 25 people including us)

getting married at sorrento historic park at the rotunda
lunch is at the sorrento hotel afterwards, they have reseved the bay room for us to have lunch away from everyone else at no extra cost.

groom already has the suit just need a new shirt
my dress I will order in a couple of months
flowers - if I go with a bouquet my sister has offered to make up the silk flowers one I would like and sent it over
rings- already have mine, FH isnt havent one
Photo: my niece is a photographer and FH is also a photographer so I told him once we get the necessary pics together he can take some as well
not having a cake
makeup and hair trials and for the day has been booked in (local hairdresser)
invitations from Light in a box $45 for 50, we are sending invites to our families even though they cant make it over for the wedding, so its a keepsake for them

thats it for now :D

chlotoe

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Hey Ladies

We are getting married on the 4th May 2013. We are getting married in Townsville and have booked and put a deposit down on:

Ceremony
Reception ( we get a decorator in the package we get with them )
Photographer
Videographer
Celebrant
Make Up
Hair dresser ( My cousins gf is dingmy hair as wedding present)
Wedding Dress
Bridesmaid Dresses
Photo booth
Suits
Bouquets
Rings ( just got to get them resized.)
DJ
Cake ( Having cupcakes)

We still have to orgainse:

Flower gir dresses ( having our 2 girls)
Centre pieces
Gifts for wedding party, mum and MC
Shoes and jewerlly

There is more that we have to do i just can't think of it all now. I know there are lots of little stuff to orgainse and get ready.

javenl

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 pm

wow, seems like May is the quietest month for weddings!

I'm getting married on the 4th as well but I'm not as organized as most of you :(

Mine will be a church ceremony (priest is organized) & a dinner reception.
For the reception we've got:
+Venue
+Band
+Photographer
+Videographer

Hopefully by the end of next week I can lock in
+Florist
+Cake
+My dress! I've been a bit stressed out by this :|

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:14 pm

it has its advantages getting married in the wedding "off" season lol

we are having a lunch reception at the hotel across from where we are getting married, because its in quiet season, we are getting a private room at no cost, and they have offered discounted accomodation to the guests if they need it.

also because our guests are coming from interstate the accomodation pricing is alot lower at that time of the year so they are getting some bargain prices.

javenl

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:51 am

an update from me, we've booked our cake & florist.

now on to groom's suit & bridal party outfits.

krittyb

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 pm

javenl wrote:
an update from me, we've booked our cake & florist.

now on to groom's suit & bridal party outfits.

Wow-wee! Seems like a lifetime ago that I started writing in this post!
May is certainly the quietest month of all! It's a little strange, I don't even remember why we chose May! haha

We've sorted out all the presents for the bridal party and the girls dresses and shoes! Phew! 7 hours of shopping was not fun! ;)

All we have left to go is the guys suits and we are sorted till the start of Jan when I have to start getting fitted for my dress :) hehehe yay!

Oh and invitations! I've got my mock up in my head sorted I just have to print it all out and stick it together and see if the other half likes it.

OOoooo so many things have been done but I'm sure there are loads more things to do, we've just hit a quiet part in the organising I think.

krittyb

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

mrcm1166 wrote:
we are getting married 11th May 2013

have booked and paid deposit for
rotunda (ceremony)
celebrant (chris brember, got a great deal of the ceremony normally costs $550 we are getting it for $395 and hes not charging for travelling).

next week we pay the deposit on the car (bogart limos, 1930 chev limo)

ours is a small wedding (maximum 25 people including us)

getting married at sorrento historic park at the rotunda
lunch is at the sorrento hotel afterwards, they have reseved the bay room for us to have lunch away from everyone else at no extra cost.

groom already has the suit just need a new shirt
my dress I will order in a couple of months
flowers - if I go with a bouquet my sister has offered to make up the silk flowers one I would like and sent it over
rings- already have mine, FH isnt havent one
Photo: my niece is a photographer and FH is also a photographer so I told him once we get the necessary pics together he can take some as well
not having a cake
makeup and hair trials and for the day has been booked in (local hairdresser)
invitations from Light in a box $45 for 50, we are sending invites to our families even though they cant make it over for the wedding, so its a keepsake for them

thats it for now :D

I love your idea about sending invites to people who you know can't make it. It will make them feel special too! :)
We have a wedding in Feb in Sorrento, so pretty down there! You'll have an amazing day!

25 is super small! So good!! I wanted 60 or so guests but I have a big family that I'm very close to so we blew the guest list out to 90! haha

Are you having any one else in the bridal party?

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Its a bit of a tradition in my family, all our family were in scotland so it was always a token invite to everyone even though we all knew we wouldnt never be able to make it.

Love sorrento so I am looking forward to it, had to change the reception venue due to a change of management and a few hiccups but its all good.

all our family are flying over from wa so its a nice number to have I think, and my youngest son is going to be my witness, my partners son is going to be his so thats our bridal party.

we might get my grandson and his grand daughter to walk down in front of me and my oldest son but will have to see how they are on the day (they are both 2 years old).

ordering the invites this week and get the dress in a couple of weeks, so its all happening now
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09