A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bella_bec
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥

Re: What are you walking down the isle to?

Wed May 30, 2012 12:26 pm

peony wrote:
anaestmia wrote:
missEbali wrote:
We had one song and it was Songbird by Eva Cassidy.... I think if you had 2 songs it would break up the nice flow.... :D

Just need to use live musicians for it, but easily done. I've been a musician in a wedding where we did a medley of about 3 pieces (can't remember names).

Who ever said they used gabriels oboe... It has to be played on an oboe ffs. It's ruined on anything else (although the lyrical version is nice.)

i have to say i don't personally agree. It is a beautiful piece that sounds great on any instrument!

Anyways, I always dreamed I would walk down the aisle to Ave Maria, but I keep doubting my choice as it might sound too sad..

Its not sad i had it!!!!!!!! And loved it!!!!!!

noihsaf

Re: What are you walking down the aisle to?

Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

We are using A thousand Years by Christina Perri :heart:

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed May 30, 2012 9:46 pm

"Fields of Gold" on the harp :0)

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Curly, are you using Ave Maria too?

Bella_bec, I'm thinking of using the Gounod version rather than the Schubert one (still tossing up) which sounds a bit gloomier I think.. I still love it though!

BnR79

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:09 pm

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm walking down to Somewhere over the rainbow played by our guitarist :D MrA and I were going through songs and when we listened to that one (although we've both heard it a million times!) we knew it was the one :heart:

beckstar2012
I survived and got married

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:52 am

curly wrote:
Im thinking of Pachelbel Canon in D which will be played by an acoustic guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHww4z89 ... re=related

For when we walk down the aisle together once we are married we are thinking of having Over The Rainbow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4UleBJ_E3Y which will also be played by the guitarist. Not sure if we will just have it instrumental or if we will have him singing as well.

This is exactly what we had. Ahhh so many memories :)

amz86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:26 pm

My FH hates the song I choose The Luckiest by Ben Folds Five (he HATES the band) :(

I rly want this as my song as the lyrics explain exactly how I feel about my FH. The first time i heard the song (which was well before I met my FH) I hoped that I would one day feel this way about someone
I cant imagine myself walking down the aisle to any other song

Not one person (inc family and friends) agree with my song choice :( haha

so do i bridezilla it up and say that this is they song ? or do we choose a song together?

daydreambeliever

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Songbird by Eva Cassidy. And will Play 'Message to my girl' instead of a hymn during ceremony & as first dance (it's OUR song!)
But what to walk together back down the aisle too? Something uplifting.
What is everyone else doing it too?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Me & You by Kenny Chesney :heart:

ForeverBree

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:11 pm

The Ice Dance by Danny Elfman.....from my all time favourite movie Edward Scissorhands!! :heart: it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMfs1rlw4tc

Ashrib

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:36 pm

[q
amz86 wrote:
My FH hates the song I choose The Luckiest by Ben Folds Five (he HATES the band) :(

I rly want this as my song as the lyrics explain exactly how I feel about my FH. The first time i heard the song (which was well before I met my FH) I hoped that I would one day feel this way about someone
I cant imagine myself walking down the aisle to any other song

Not one person (inc family and friends) agree with my song choice :( haha

so do i bridezilla it up and say that this is they song ? or do we choose a song together?

I have made a deal with my FH i can choose the ceremony songs and he can choose the bridal waltz. He thought it was a fab idea! Good luck! :D

nelle_mrs2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:03 pm

I found this topic last night and then spent the next hour googling songs and playing them on YouTube!!!

Unfortunately, I'm still stumped :( The only one I kinda liked was Shania Twain from this moment... but I dunno, is it a bit soppy? FH isnt exactly Mr Romantic IYKWIM!

Not to mention the songs I need to pick for bridal party entrance & first dance!

What songs are you ladies doing for those 2 as well?

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:29 pm

My BMs and I are all walking down to Jack and Diane by John Mellencamp. The instrumental version.

FH and I decided just 2 nights ago that when we leave the chapel we want to play 'I'm Walking on Sunshine' by Katrina and the Waves. That's how we are going to feel!

I haven't decided on our bridal party entrance song yet. And our first dance song is a secret. The only other person who will know what it is, is the dance instructor!

Abz

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:29 pm

nelle_mrs2b wrote:
I found this topic last night and then spent the next hour googling songs and playing them on YouTube!!!

Unfortunately, I'm still stumped :( The only one I kinda liked was Shania Twain from this moment... but I dunno, is it a bit soppy? FH isnt exactly Mr Romantic IYKWIM!

Not to mention the songs I need to pick for bridal party entrance & first dance!

What songs are you ladies doing for those 2 as well?

I'm a bit like you... I have got no Idea where to start when choosing the songs.

We both agreed on an instrumental version of 'Danny Boy' the Elvis Version - My pop used to sing this to my Mum and Uncle when they were small. But cannot find it anywhere! We were going to have a guitarist do it possibly but it sounds nothing like it, and a string set dont play the elvis version they play a totally different song altogether... Really hoping to get something before the day.

As for the other songs I'm completely stuck!

FH has chosen heaven for the bridal waltz before breaking out into O.M.G by Usher! haha But I really don't like Heaven just because it doesn't remind me, personally, of good times. I do really like a song by a day to remember (its a punk/rock band!) called 'You had me at hello' but its not really a waltz kind of song.

Ahhh... keep the ideas coming I need all the help i cant get!

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:28 pm

All of my BMs and I will be walking down the aisle to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. I'm just hoping noone remembers it from Twilight!

My MIL would really like Ave Maria to be played somewhere, but I don't know if it's really 'us' so might compromise with the Glee version of Bruno Mars' Marry You

Maybe.
haha!

Wombatta

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:55 pm

anjelik wrote:
All of my BMs and I will be walking down the aisle to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. I'm just hoping noone remembers it from Twilight!

My MIL would really like Ave Maria to be played somewhere, but I don't know if it's really 'us' so might compromise with the Glee version of Bruno Mars' Marry You

Maybe.
haha!

ooh I love that song by Christina Perri! We're having it as our bridal waltz :)

falling_dawn
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:17 pm

anjelik wrote:

Maybe.
haha!

your in luck I dont think it ever ended up in the movie :D

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:34 pm

I absolutely adore Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole...it would be perfect for my beach wedding... BUT I used it at my first wedding for after the ceremony. None of the guests who were at my first wedding would remember that I used it, but I don't know if it seems right to use it. What do you think?

Any ideas of songs that might have a similar sound to this?

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 am

falling_dawn wrote:
anjelik wrote:

Maybe.
haha!

your in luck I dont think it ever ended up in the movie :D

My FH is not a twilight fan at all but loves the song and kept mentioning it so I'm walking down the aisle to it as a surprise for him. I don't care that it's from twilight. I think the words suit us perfectly

Lanta - I would just use it anyway. No one would remember so just try to forget you used it before :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.59