A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: What are you walking down the aisle to?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks ladies!
I love your idea Curly :)

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:02 pm

anjelik wrote:
All of my BMs and I will be walking down the aisle to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. I'm just hoping noone remembers it from Twilight!

My MIL would really like Ave Maria to be played somewhere, but I don't know if it's really 'us' so might compromise with the Glee version of Bruno Mars' Marry You

Maybe.
haha!

I highly suggest you listen to the words of "Marry You" before you decide, only because I actually think the tune is nice but when you listen to the words the setiment is kind of very casual as if marriage is throw-away and nothing and stupid. I know a lot of people won't care but I wanted something that was beautiful and not something with lyrics like "Who cares if we're trashed, got a pocket full of cash we can blow, lets get some Patron" and "If we wake up and wanna break up that's cool, I won't blame you" I just think it kind of makes marriage sounds silly and unimportant.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Heh, I always hear that song and it makes me think he's saying that getting married is a dumb thing to do.

It's a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby
I think I wanna marry you

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:31 pm

LittleMissBride wrote:

I highly suggest you listen to the words of "Marry You" before you decide, only because I actually think the tune is nice but when you listen to the words the setiment is kind of very casual as if marriage is throw-away and nothing and stupid. I know a lot of people won't care but I wanted something that was beautiful and not something with lyrics like "Who cares if we're trashed, got a pocket full of cash we can blow, lets get some Patron" and "If we wake up and wanna break up that's cool, I won't blame you" I just think it kind of makes marriage sounds silly and unimportant.

I know what the song is, I've listened to it -- but I think it's a fun song. And given that we've been together (and engaged) so long, that people know we're in it for the long haul. I'm pretty sure people will be too excited to be finally congratulating us they won't really be listening to the song anyway.So I may as well have what I want without wondering what other people might think

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Hey totally understand, it is a really fun song and I love the melody, I just know when I watch my wedding video in years to come with my future kids etc, I would hate to hear a song saying it's a dumb thing to do etc, but I know I'm more of a music/lyrics person than most. Your guests etc prob won't even listen to the lyrics.

Miss_ngu
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Mine will be "You are my Sunshine" piano version, it's our favourite song and it makes us want to dance together everytime we listen to it, and sometimes it makes me cry. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMxUbJCX0LQ

anaestmia

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:54 pm

peony wrote:
Curly, are you using Ave Maria too?

Bella_bec, I'm thinking of using the Gounod version rather than the Schubert one (still tossing up) which sounds a bit gloomier I think.. I still love it though!

Caccini's Ave Maria, I may be odd, but I find it a bit less gloomy, if you can get a singer. I don't believe it translates well to instrumental.

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:16 pm

anaestmia wrote:
peony wrote:
Curly, are you using Ave Maria too?

Bella_bec, I'm thinking of using the Gounod version rather than the Schubert one (still tossing up) which sounds a bit gloomier I think.. I still love it though!

Caccini's Ave Maria, I may be odd, but I find it a bit less gloomy, if you can get a singer. I don't believe it translates well to instrumental.

Ooo I will look into this one, thanks! Although we won't be having any singers, it might just have to be the Gounod. Do you like that version?

vonny52

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:05 pm

curly wrote:
Trying to decide what song the bridesmaids should walk down the isle to and then what i should be walking down too....

Or do we all walk down to the one song, the isle probably isn't going to be long enough to play a whole song so he would have to stop playing the one song and then start the other song for me to walk down to.

Im thinking of having Canon in D playing for when i walk down the isle. We are having an acoustic guitarist so it would sound like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tGZRvaVurA

That is absolutely beautiful! Hope it all turns out awesomely for you both :heart: :heart:

KezMick

Re: What are you walking down the isle to?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Ashling wrote:
I'm having "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz

My FH and I will be having our first dance to "I'm Yours". It't been our song ever since we got together.

Great Choice!!!

lelu87

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 am

Im needing help with my songs!

So ive decided that my BM's (5 of them) will walk down the asile to canon in D, and either when we are signing the registry or walking out elvis presleys falling in love with you. So both sound so beautiful with 2-3 violin or a string trio.
Now my problem is that i want to walk down the asile to Bella;s Lullaby by Carter Burwell, the song Edward plays on the piano in the frst Twilight movie. I didnt pick the song because of a Twilight obsession, i think it is just beautiful and makes my heart flutter and tears come to my eyes when listening to it. It sort of screams a tender but passionate love. Anyway i cant find a good violin video on the net (my friend plays the violin and she said most are by inexperienced girls or completely out of tune. Proably why they all sound horrible.
So my questions to the music buff's are;
1. Does anyone know of a good professional string video or audio for this song?
2. If it sounds bad on violin, what are the chances of me hiring a piano player and to drag a piano onto a lawn (garden ceremony)
3. Will a keyboard sound the same?
4. Would the string players be offended by not playing the song? Or could they play with the piano and sound good, maybe the back noise?

Thanks so much,
Leah

jane1082

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:42 pm

I love the song 'Making Memories of Us' - It's a Keith Urban song, but there are some great covers! Ideally I will have a live acoustic version of it! Fingers crossed. Not too sure what to have as the recessional song...

qweenmaryj

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 pm

i'm going for something VERY untraditional... (not much about my wedding is traditional lol) i love it, my fiance loves it and i reckon that's all that matters.

Nothing Else Matters- Apocalyptica (originally by Metallica) http://youtu.be/9Hssb3Do42w

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:42 am

^^ I love that idea!! When I was obsessed with the original like 8 years ago I wanted it for my wedding.

Right now I have no clue what I will walk down to, but I know it will be one of the few things on our day that won't be traditional :)

felmingham

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 am

I really want U2 (Bono) can't help falling in love the live version but i want to remove all the crowd screaming - cheering from it but don't know if i can.
Otherwise Evermore - Never let you go.

Other option is to get a friend to sing

felmingham

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:09 pm

So many things to decide on aren't there!!

felmingham

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Think we have now decided to have Whitley - I remember as our first wedding dance but still struggling with song for walking down the Aisle to.

Do most people cut the song so it only goes for approx 1 min?

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Canon in D by a string duo

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 pm

We are all walking down to Alicia Keys, "If I ain't got you". Its my FH fav song so it was an easy choice! I kinda wanted "No-One", but every time I listen to it, I bawl my eyes out, so not a good option!!

Amanda_86

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:35 pm

My bridal party (1 x RB, 2 x FG, 4 x Bridesmaids, 1 x MOH) and I walked down to Train - Marry Me.

Perfect length as the song just finished when I got to the bottom of the aisle with my dad :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.42