A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: What are you walking down the aisle to?

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 pm

this will sound corny and will show my age LOL, but for us its elvis presles cant help falling in love with you, only because FH sang it to me just after we started seeing each other

Surprisebride2013

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:54 pm

I am walking down the aisle to "a thousand years" by Christina Perri - I think this song was used in twilight movie or something but I have never seen any of them I just googled songs to walk down the aisle to and I looked them all up and I loved this one when I heard it. There wont be a dry eye in the building.

Longtimecoming

Re: What are you walking down the isle to?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 pm

rubywoo wrote:
Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You :D I plan on busting into dance at the refrain.

I was going to have this! but have changed to If I Could by 1927

felmingham

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:19 pm

My friend walked down to 1927 - If I could.

Pretty sure I am going to have Bernard Fanning - Watch Over me. (think I have finally decided!)

Longtimecoming

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm

qweenmaryj wrote:
i'm going for something VERY untraditional... (not much about my wedding is traditional lol) i love it, my fiance loves it and i reckon that's all that matters.

Nothing Else Matters- Apocalyptica (originally by Metallica) http://youtu.be/9Hssb3Do42w

LOVE it! We are thinking of having the Metallica version as our bridal "waltz"

blushyb

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:16 pm

"Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by Elvis Presley

felmingham

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:18 pm

blushyb wrote:
"Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by Elvis Presley

I love this song. I really want the BONO / U2 version but can't find it without being live and all the audience cheering.

felmingham

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeh my partner is not a Buble fan so don't think I would get that one past him :)

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:00 pm

felmingham wrote:
Yeh my partner is not a Buble fan so don't think I would get that one past him :)

Awww what a shame. I ADORE Michael Buble..

I think we've decided now to use Schubert's Ave Maria instead of the Gounod version. It's what I always imagined walking down the aisle to, so it seems silly to change it :)
It's such a gorgeous, timeless piece of music, I really struggle to find a piece that has the same effect on me.

loulou06

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 pm

I am walking down the aisle to a song called "You make me smile" by Uncle Kracker

Signing the register to "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole

Once we have married and have been pronounced husband and wife and well wishers to step forward we will have "Marry You" by Bruno Mars

Our first dance will be to "I Don't Know Much" by Linda Ronstaadt and Aaron Neville

So we have a mix of modern and upbeat with some old fashioned and romantic music.

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 pm

FH really wanted me to walk down the aisle to Cannon in D, but it is the last thing I want :( I have no connection to it. It has no meaning to us as a couple (then again, we don't really have any songs that mean anything to us as a couple!)

So I think we have reached a compromise :)

Andre Reiu (Yeah I know right?) and his version of Edelweiss from my most favourite movie, The Sound of Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqVuieinTg
I love how it starts slow and builds right at the end. I don't know why I didn't think of it before!

And his end of the deal - we get to walk back down the aisle to the James Bond Theme :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1tc493bZM

Nomi94

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm walking to Ingrid Michaelson's cover of "Can't Help Falling in Love With You." It was our first dance on the night he asked me out and was a no-brainer when we were talking about bridal march music. :)
So can someone help me out - I've got 2 BMs and 1 MOH walking before me, how long will all 4 of us take to walk, is it worth having two different songs or should we all walk to the one song?

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm

I think it depends on how quickly you will walk down, for example will one walk all the way down then the next walk, or wait say 5 seconds before walking. I'd say a 3 minute song would see you all walk down to the same song, but again it would depend on speed of walking. Given the tempo of the song you've picked, I think you'll be fine :)

Nomi94

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I have no clue how quickly we'll be walking! The trouble is, the song is 3 minutes, and quite a slow tempo, but the 'aisle' is going to be rather short...

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:59 pm

I have 15 days to go and I still don't know. I was going to go down to songbird- both eva cassidy or glee version but now I'm not sure. I would walk down to Train- Marry Me except the part about the cafe. The other half of me actually wants to walk down to Wagner Bridal march or Paschabel Canon in D.

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:30 pm

^^Just googled the harp cover of Nothing Else Matters, so amazing. WANT! Now to justify the cost of a harpist :roll:

west49th

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 am

dungie79 wrote:
We are all walking down to Alicia Keys, "If I ain't got you". Its my FH fav song so it was an easy choice! I kinda wanted "No-One", but every time I listen to it, I bawl my eyes out, so not a good option!!

I'm having an acoustic guitar version of the same song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHhVOAPO18

I wanted something non-traditional, nice & light, and without lyrics and this was perfect for us. It's only a small wedding party so we'll all be walking down to the same tune. I'll be walking out when it gets to the chorus.

And we'll probably have the original version as our first dance as well :)

Enokicat

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Acoustic version of an old song called 'Side by Side'

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 pm

You just inspired us. Our wedding is in 9 days and we didn't have a solid recessional choice. We are going with the original Side by Side by Nick Lucas. It suits us :D

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:37 pm

I think I found the perfect song for me this morning, Landon Pigg - Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop. Warm fuzzies and the like :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26