A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

My priest has double booked - argh

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 pm

So..I just get a call from my priest's secretary that he has double booked our wedding.

We booked him 1.5 years ago. The other bride had him booked for a week later, then changed it to our date, and the priest obviously thought he was free.

She is getting married at 2:30pm and her church is 25 minutes away. Our wedding is at 3pm. So, obviously as it stands now...there is no way he could do both in time.

I cannot move my time even if I wanted to. There is a wedding before and after mine which means my time is locked in.

Hmm I am sure they will come up with a solution...but a part of me is a little worried.

Thoughts?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Re: My priest has double booked - argh

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:32 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
So..I just get a call from my priest's secretary that he has double booked our wedding.

We booked him 1.5 years ago. The other bride had him booked for a week later, then changed it to our date, and the priest obviously thought he was free.

She is getting married at 2:30pm and her church is 25 minutes away. Our wedding is at 3pm. So, obviously as it stands now...there is no way he could do both in time.

I cannot move my time even if I wanted to. There is a wedding before and after mine which means my time is locked in.

Hmm I am sure they will come up with a solution...but a part of me is a little worried.

Thoughts?

Oh hun :(

Hopefully the other bride can change her time as you made the booking first and it sounds like you couldn't change yours even if you wanted to...
I guess its hard too because its not the other couple's fault either, they wouldn't have known you had already booked that date!

How did they leave things with you on the phone - are they following up or did they leave it with you??

*hugs*

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks ladies :)

Well good news! They just called. The other bride was nice enough to her move her wedding forward by half an hour.
It will be tight for him....but he can now fit in both weddings.

The wedding is going ahead! hehe

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:15 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
Thanks ladies :)

Well good news! They just called. The other bride was nice enough to her move her wedding forward by half an hour.
It will be tight for him....but he can now fit in both weddings.

The wedding is going ahead! hehe

That is fantastic! Yay :heart: One less thing to worry about!!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Oh I'm do glad it worked out for you!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm so glad the other bride was happy to help :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38