A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

*Blonde*
Party Queen
Party Queen
Topic Author

Newcastle / Hunter Valley Part 5

Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:15 pm

A thread for all the Newcastle and Hunter Valley brides to share your ideas, info and stories.

The previous thread is here :D

yma
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Newcastle / Hunter Valley Part 5

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:14 am

I'll jump in first!

Talk about last minute, but FH has decided it might be easier (depending on cost) if we get a DJ rather than lug our homemade jukebox in to the venue, who was your DJ and how much were they?

Mrs. Wade to be

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Kaliyaandben
Have you thought of Buttai Barn? Visit their website to see if this is what you arelooking for.
http://www.buttaibarn.com.au
Hope this helps

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:11 pm

We had Mobilistic Music and they were pretty cheap - there is also Majestic music they're really good and cheap too. We could of paid just an extra $40 and got video clips! But our dance floor area was big enough for it :(

Bride2Be2011

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Girls....
Was wondering if anyone can help me???? Im after a ceremony location somewhere in Newcastle???

Have got a tentative booking for Shepards Hill but im worried it will be to windy??
Does anybody have any ideas for a garden/park ceremony location area???

Thanks!

wishuponastar
Forever is a long time
Forever is a long time

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 am

Bride2Be2011 wrote:
Hi Girls....
Was wondering if anyone can help me???? Im after a ceremony location somewhere in Newcastle???

Have got a tentative booking for Shepards Hill but im worried it will be to windy??
Does anybody have any ideas for a garden/park ceremony location area???

Thanks!

Have a look here for some different ideas
http://www.greentree.com.au/where_newcastle.html

rsaulo

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:16 pm

yma wrote:
I'll jump in first!

Talk about last minute, but FH has decided it might be easier (depending on cost) if we get a DJ rather than lug our homemade jukebox in to the venue, who was your DJ and how much were they?

Yes we are in the same boat! we were going to designate some1 2 do our music but I don't want 2 risk it! I called a few places and they're $400 or over I've booked with mobydisc-$375! Has anyone got any feed back please??

3in3months

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:08 pm

haylele wrote:
We had Mobilistic Music and they were pretty cheap - there is also Majestic music they're really good and cheap too. We could of paid just an extra $40 and got video clips! But our dance floor area was big enough for it :(

we had a work function with majestic music earlier this year, he was really good, i'd definitely recommend :D

yma
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeah, I've heard good reviews about majestic mobile but they're booked on out date!

rsaulo

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:50 pm

yma wrote:
Yeah, I've heard good reviews about majestic mobile but they're booked on out date!

Yes! I called them today and every saturday of the yr is booked! Such ashame...he sounded so nice over the phone! oh well I've booked with one but I still like to look around...lol

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:08 pm

rsaulo wrote:
yma wrote:

Yes! I called them today and every saturday of the yr is booked! Such ashame...he sounded so nice over the phone! oh well I've booked with one but I still like to look around...lol

Yeah we wanted Majestic too and they were book out as well. I asked the guy if there was anyonr he recommended and he put us onto Mobilistic Djs, the guy that runs is use to work for Majestic music and has gone out on his own. This his site http://www.mobilisticdjs.com.au/

Bride2Be2011

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 am

Can anybody recommend cars in newcastle?

Looking for any sort of cars..maybe a limo, or old fashion cars like rolls royces etc. Just need it to be cheaper then all the quotes i have at the moment.
Max i want to spend is $1000 but anything around 500 hundred would be better. Need the cars for 5 hours for 6 people!

THANKS!

haylele
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:34 pm

We went cheap but I don't think you would want it unless your hubby to be is a 4wd lover was $99 an hour - http://www.fullonoz.com.au/

3in3months

Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:36 pm

hi everyone,
is anyone having their wedding at walka water works? i'm trying to enquire about prices and dates available, been leaving messages and emails on the contacts i can find for hte place all week, but no one has bothered to get back to me :cry: so annoying.
just wondering if anyone has a contact?

also i am wondering what the venue inside looks like, has anyone been in or does anyone have any photos?

erp

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Bride2Be2011 wrote:
Can anybody recommend cars in newcastle?

Looking for any sort of cars..maybe a limo, or old fashion cars like rolls royces etc. Just need it to be cheaper then all the quotes i have at the moment.
Max i want to spend is $1000 but anything around 500 hundred would be better. Need the cars for 5 hours for 6 people!

THANKS!

Hi there. Have you tried Silver Classic Limosines? website is silverclassic.com.au they have one rolls royce (1950s) that can fit 6 people for $1000 and its the car i hope to book for my wedding. other cars they have seat less but they are either $700 or $800 per car.
hope that helps!

MsBee

Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:17 am

BridetoBe2011...I'm not sure what style of cars you're after but we've picked vintage style limos. These are actually cars that the Queen used whilst visiting AUstralia in the 60s and have also had the Beatles in one of them! Their classic cars and seat 7 people. We've booked two for $1240 from Absolute Vintage Classic Limousines (http://www.absolutevintage.com.au). Irene and George who own the cars are fantastic and friendly and they make sure that at least one of them drive you on the day so that you know at least one of your drivers personally. I did find another supplier who also offers these cars and without naming names, I found that supplier to be a bit annoying because he tried a few sales/manipulation tactics that weren't called for so didnt book with him. He also charged more!

Yma and Rsaulo...We booked Mobile Millenium Djs. I spoke to Anthony on the phone and in person at a bridal fair and he's really nice. They charge $495 for 5 hours and every extra hour is $90. They provide light effects and so on and also have a website where you can log in and request all your songs before hand and apparently there is going to be other interactive stuff up on the site soon, so they're pretty organised. I also heard Majestic was good but I called them twice and we also left a voicemail and sent an email and they never responded to us which I thought was a little rude. I waas a bit worried that if they couldn't return their calls or emails then they might not show up on the day! I then spotted Mobile Millenium at the bridal fair and ended up booking with them.

:)

ukgirl

Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 am

We booked our photographer today - Zoe from Ich Photography. Thank you for the recommendations. She seems really nice and very reasonably priced.

Blondiechicknz
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:37 am

Attn UK Girl

You asked in the last forum about getting a Duosheng Dress - this is mine finished and it is currently being posted to me - i am happy with it so far but will let you know the quality when it arrives which should be next week!

Blondiechicknz
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:40 am

The only thing that i might change about it is the beading under the bust is down too far - it is meant to be right under the bust like this picture below - not down near the waist - so i will probably just get a baby pink sash put around it (and up a bit higher so it sits under the bust) like the bottom photo.

DB
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:40 am

MsBee wrote:
BridetoBe2011...I'm not sure what style of cars you're after but we've picked vintage style limos. These are actually cars that the Queen used whilst visiting AUstralia in the 60s and have also had the Beatles in one of them! Their classic cars and seat 7 people. We've booked two for $1240 from Absolute Vintage Classic Limousines (http://www.absolutevintage.com.au). Irene and George who own the cars are fantastic and friendly and they make sure that at least one of them drive you on the day so that you know at least one of your drivers personally. I did find another supplier who also offers these cars and without naming names, I found that supplier to be a bit annoying because he tried a few sales/manipulation tactics that weren't called for so didnt book with him. He also charged more!

Yma and Rsaulo...We booked Mobile Millenium Djs. I spoke to Anthony on the phone and in person at a bridal fair and he's really nice. They charge $495 for 5 hours and every extra hour is $90. They provide light effects and so on and also have a website where you can log in and request all your songs before hand and apparently there is going to be other interactive stuff up on the site soon, so they're pretty organised. I also heard Majestic was good but I called them twice and we also left a voicemail and sent an email and they never responded to us which I thought was a little rude. I waas a bit worried that if they couldn't return their calls or emails then they might not show up on the day! I then spotted Mobile Millenium at the bridal fair and ended up booking with them.

:)

No offence to you MsBee but I had a really bad experience when we used Absolute Vintage Elegance so I can't recommend them at all. They were fine when we booked them but the wedding day was a nightmare. Maybe George was just having a bad day but he was really rude and I don't look back on the wedding day fondly because of situations that arose because of him. There were a few comments that he made that left me dumbfounded and uncomfortable. And he left such an impression on my in-laws that almost a year later, they still talk about how rude he was.
I have heard other brides say that they were fine, so I don't want to panic you. All I can think is that George was in a bad mood, or maybe he just didn't like us. Such a shame because the cars are gorgeous.
Last edited by DB on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.43