A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

admin helper
site helper
site helper
Topic Author

Wollongong

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:25 pm

Wollongong brides - share your ideas, info and stories here.

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:34 am

I live in Sydney but I am getting married on Austinmer Beach (Little Austi) and having the reception at the Novotel at Wollongong. Anyone had their wedding at either of these two spots or are going to??

sparklingmarni
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:45 am

Not at all, but I must say how beautiful Austi beach is! I grew up in Bulli (about 5 mins from there) and it is such a gorgeous place! I am sure you guys will get some stunning pics!

angelk23

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:28 am

sparklingmarni i also grew up in Bulli! I agree Austi would be lovely for photos. Sorry I cant help you with the Novotel though Kristal, I have only ever been there for dinner at Windjammers and into the lobby bar for drinks, never to a wedding.

I am getting married at Killalea National Park at Shellharbour and having my reception at Jamberoo Rec Park. Only 4 months to go......

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:13 pm

Wow, that National Park at Shell Harbour is stunning! We go there all the time for the surf. That's a great place to get married. We looked at a restaurant at Shell Harbour for our reception. I think it is called Addisons, but it was just a bit too formal for our liking.

angelk23

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:56 pm

Our photographer actually suggested our ceremony location at Killalea - as coming from northern suburbs I had never heard of it or been there.

We booked Jamberoo Rec Park, based on the fact we could also have our ceremony at the same spot, as that was what we originally wanted to make things easier for our guests. However our photographer pointed out that the park does not close until 5pm and as we would have our reception say 4pm, there would be a lot of background noise and kids screaming and did we really want to deal with that? So hence why we changed.

It also works out great for my photos as I can have beach photos being at killalea and then get the country style jamberoo ones on the way back to the reception, best of both worlds (once again, thanks to my photographer for his suggestions!)

sparklingmarni
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:50 pm

Killalea is stunning for pics! FSIL got married there in the gazebo and the other FSIL got married when there was a gazebo down at Shellharbour Harbour. I have been to the Novotel for drinks (end of a TAFE course many years ago! God I sound old!!!!) Beautiful place tho and from what I can remember very good service!

angelk23

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:13 am

I have no doubt the novotel would be stunning, excellent view, it is in a convenient location for guests to get to, and easy enough to get cabs from at the end of the night (and close to other things should guests want to kick on), plus they can even stay the night there. The only reason why it wasnt on my shortlist was purely financial.

You dont sound old sparlingmarni! LOL I bet you were partying next door with me when splashes was there!! Geez, that does seem a while ago now doesnt it?!

sparklingmarni
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:40 pm

Funny thing is, I never went to Splashes. Always wanted to but never got there. My usual was Rustys or Bourbon St! I really am not that old, but looking back at the last time I WAS at the Novotel was when I was 18, so 10 years ago now!!!

angelk23

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:24 pm

Who has everyone gone with for their photography?

sparklingmarni
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:20 pm

I have a lady from Albion Park Rail doing mine. Sue Graham. I was hoping to book my dads workmates daughter but she was booked for that day. The lady I have seems great. She said it will be her 3rd wedding but has done lots of portraits for kiddies (and they are the hardest) We've seen the wedding she showed us (the 2nd wedding was horrible she said...no-one wanted to smile and the photos showed it!)

Nelson
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:09 pm

Sorry Wollongong is the closest.

Can we have one for the South Coast area.

I am getting married at Coolangatta Estate Shoalhaven Heads (near Nowra).

hayley31

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:08 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am ggetting married at Berry (near Nowra) at the Presbyterian Church then photos at a private property at Meroo Meadow then reeption at HMAS Albatross Wardroom cause HB is in the Navy and its going to be a military wedding....swords and all. Cant wait

Tracey_78

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:32 pm

HI Everyone.

I am from Sydney but getting married in the Rose Garden in the Botanical Gardens in Wollongong and haveing the reception at The Novotel in the Admirals Room. Has anyone been there??

For a photographer i am using Bluflame Photography from Wollongong.

Can't wait i am sure this time will go soo quick and we will be walking down the isle before we know it. :P

Nelson
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:20 pm

Yes I agree Tracey_78 time will fly past quickly.

We now only have 2 months and 4 weeks to ours. It will be here and gone before we even realise.

sparklingmarni
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:09 pm

Its so exciting!!! The Botannical Gardens are absolutely beautiful and the Novotel is supposed to be fantastic for service and food etc....

angelk23

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:53 pm

Look at your ticker now sparkingmarni, it's so close!

I am currently having make up dramas. Trying to find a make up artist i am happy with is proving to be very difficult indeed. I have currently had 2 trials and been very unhappy with the result. I have my third trial booked for this weekend so am hoping it will be 3rd time lucky for me cuz i seriously cant afford to keep having trial after trial until i find someone i am happy with!

sparklingmarni
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:35 pm

I know, getting soooo excited! Picked up my dress and my daughters dress from my alterations lady (she said its a wedding pressie) Almost finished organising everything which is great. Next week will be cleaning and running around like a mad chook making sure everything is ready to go!!! Angelk I have PMed you!

Tracey_78

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:50 pm

Hi All

Is anyone using Salon 66 for hair and Makeup or can you reccommend anyone in the Gong area for this? :roll:

sparklingmarni
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:45 pm

I have heard of it, and am pretty sure I have only heard good things!!! I am using a little hairdressers in Oak Flats for my hair and my friend for makeup. I am not really sure on recommending anyone as I haven't had to go anywhere for trials...
GZIP: On | Load: 0.34