A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kazza76

Re: Wollongong

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Emmlee.

Yep, it's VERY close now. Finished everything today and just have to send out the song list to the DJ, the guest list to Alex (addisons) and that's pretty much it. Alex can be a little slow sometimes. Just follow up with him and he will get back to. I did have to call him to set up a meeting in early March as I hadn't heard from him to finalise the menu's etc. But other then that, we haven't had any issues with them. I have had a few friends know someone who had their reception there or had their 21st there and they couldn't rave enough about it. Have you seen the reception room set up for a wedding yet?

emmlee

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks Kazza

That makes me feel better, I absolutly love place and dont want my reception to be anywere else. No, I have only seen it set up with tables but not set up for a wedding as such. I would love to see it done up as it will give me a better idea of how it will look for my wedding.

Thats great you have everything done!!

Princess_Haylei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 pm

44 days away its getting closer!!

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi girls, Anyone have any florist rec for Wollongong?

I am in Kiama area and know of two here i like, but i am thinking one closer to the venue might be better??

I need only one bouquet.

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:24 pm

**Manda** wrote:
Hi girls, Anyone have any florist rec for Wollongong?

I am in Kiama area and know of two here i like, but i am thinking one closer to the venue might be better??

I need only one bouquet.

the florist in shellharbour square?

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Argh i was there today!! Could have spoke to them! Thanks Jess... Who did you use?

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 pm

**Manda** wrote:
Argh i was there today!! Could have spoke to them! Thanks Jess... Who did you use?

i used a florist from Nowra

Shane_ephraims
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:41 pm

jess85 wrote:
**Manda** wrote:

i used a florist from Nowra

Flamingo Florist?
I have heard of them.

jess85
mum2b
mum2b

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:24 am

Shane_ephraims wrote:
Flamingo Florist?
I have heard of them.

yep thats who i used

proudmumma

Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 am

Hi GIrls

Im a December 2012 bride, hopefully in Wollongong, the priest will be ringing me in the next hour (so fingers crossed). However I was hoping to use the reception venue MOUNTAIN TOP reception centre at Mt Kiera and they have informed me that this year is there last year :( .... so will have to hunt around for another function centre if the priest says yes....

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 pm

What church are you looking at proud mumma?

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Thu May 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Panorama House is quite close to Mount Keira and has similar views?

Princess_Haylei
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Girls, there are some photos on my S&T.. not many posted yet but its just some from a location near Killalea State Park. and the surrounding beaches

bernie

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:01 pm

well i have 2 moths to go im pretty sure everything is all sorted out
we are having our ceremony at St Michaels Anglican Cathedral in wollongong and our reception will be at novotel northbeach wollongong i cant believe its coming so wuickly after wating so long!
we have our menu tasting next week and cant wait for that

Nickiet

Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi! I'm getting married in Wollongong on the 5th November (this year) in an outdoor ceremony and have been racking my brain trying to come up with a suitable back up option if it rains. Old court house in Wollongong is out of the running because it is too small, and I dont want to resort to a church as a backup option because im not really religious.

What I've come up with is playing it by ear and hiring a marquee the week before if rain is forcast for the Saturday because a. marquees are expensive and b. you dont get a refund if you dont use it/cancel.

Does anyone have any other ideas or past experiences that they can share with me?

Annie&Pete
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:28 am

November is usually a pretty dry season as is but if I were you I'd probably put a deposit on a marquee just in case, that way you don't lose the entire amount if you have to cancel. Have you considered having one anyway because November is nearing the start of summer it's going to be quite hot and your guests would probably appreciate the shade.

Jolie Maganda

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:27 am

I'm new to the forum. I've read all 60 pages! You guys have been really helpful.
I'm still in the midst of finding a ceremony venue and hopefully a reception that can be done at or near the ceremony venue.

Let me share with you one of the venues I had a look at.

Kiama Country House at Spring Creek Retreat. http://www.kiamacountryhouse.com.au/
This place is gorgeous for those looking for a garden wedding. We had a tour of the place and I loved it. My only problem is that it's waaaaay out of my budget! Very disappointing that we can't afford it but I thought some of you might be interested.
The lady that runs the place is friendly and quite helpful and made suggestions to us when we told her we couldn't afford it. We were hoping to hire the Country House for the wedding night accommodation ($1500) and get ready there during the day before the wedding but there's a 3 night min stay during the weekend! Plus $1000 hiring fee. Then we would also need to add the cost of hiring a marquee, decorations and a caterer. Also, for weddings she says that normally you have to hire the whole property including the cottages which are $250 each per night and there are 3 cottages. If our budget was double of what we have then sure, it'd be affordable but I feel a little taken advantage with the extra $1000 hiring fee when I'm already being charged 3 nights stay when I only want to be there for 1 night, maybe 2. Not sure if the prices were hiked because it's for a wedding, although I know normal accommodation rates are correct ($1500 for house and $250 per cottage per night).

So anyway, if this is in your budget then I really think it's such a beautiful place.

bakedcake

Sun May 06, 2012 11:28 am

edit - no longer listed

katerina

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum (after reading a few threads) and I'm hoping for some advice on two wedding reception centres me and my fiancee are deciding between in the Wollongong region. We've been to the usual suspect places (Novotel, Lagoon, Harbourfront etc), but liked these two best in terms of menu, setup and location:

1. Villa D'Oro
2. Panorama House

We are planning for an April/May wedding.

If anyone has any advice or experience at any of these places, that would be great! :D

Thanks,

Vascariz

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm looking for a wedding venue that is on the cliff, with ocean views (doesn't have to be right next to the ocean) and with a nice garden/s.

It does not have to be in Wollongong, anywhere in NSW should be fine.

I have found the following but am looking for alternatives:

Gunner's Barracks (I don't like the interior despite the recent renovations. Felt cramped to me.)
Tumbling Waters Retreat (almost spot-on except I was engaged to someone for this venue and the engagement fell through... sooooo... obviously new partner is not interested in this venue!)

Thoughts are welcome!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38