A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

racheek

Re: Mornington Peninsula

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:51 am

michded wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Forum and was hoping I could get some help!

We are currently living overseas (in Canada) and organising a wedding from over here is extremely difficult. I've basically narrowed it down to the Portsea Hotel and Sails on the Bay in Elwood. I love Sails but they may be a little small for us and also are not very kid friendly! I like the fact that the Portsea Hotel has the ceremony locations on site but in some of the pictures of The Nepean Room it looks a little "R.S.L ie". Has anyone been to or had a wedding here recently? Does the room look nice set up? Some help would be great! If anyone had some pictures of The Nepean Room they could email (I don't know how you exchange things like that on this forum :roll: ) that would be fantastic. Also, what is the florist like at Portsea Hotel?

Thanks!

Hey,

my FH and I checked out the Portsea Hotel a couple of weeks ago. We liked it but it did have a little bit of an RSL feel about it. They can also hold 2 weddings at once, one upstairs and one downstairs. The views are amazing though! And the function manager was absolutely lovely and very helpful, which i think will be a massive bonus if you are planning the wedding from canada!

racheek

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:55 am

So, long time since i posted anything on here!
So far we have booked our ceremony for The Briars, and our reception at Josephine's Restaurant. This saturday we are meeting with a couple of celebrants and photographers, so hopefully that will be booked in soon.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good band for the wedding? That will be the next big thing on the list (besides the dress shopping!!).
All so exciting, but so much organisation to do!!

feb2011wedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 pm

michded wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Forum and was hoping I could get some help!

We are currently living overseas (in Canada) and organising a wedding from over here is extremely difficult. I've basically narrowed it down to the Portsea Hotel and Sails on the Bay in Elwood. I love Sails but they may be a little small for us and also are not very kid friendly! I like the fact that the Portsea Hotel has the ceremony locations on site but in some of the pictures of The Nepean Room it looks a little "R.S.L ie". Has anyone been to or had a wedding here recently? Does the room look nice set up? Some help would be great! If anyone had some pictures of The Nepean Room they could email (I don't know how you exchange things like that on this forum :roll: ) that would be fantastic. Also, what is the florist like at Portsea Hotel?

Thanks!

Hi Michded,
I've just replied to your PM message, sorry it's taken me so long. I dont log on here much anymore as my wedding was in 2011.
You can see pics of the room set up on my hall of fame page at viewtopic.php?f=54&t=125933
The florist that the hotel uses is Jill Evans. She was lovely, and the flowers she did were perfect, exactly what I wanted. Only the table flowers are included in the package cost, but she can also do your bouquets and buttonholes for you if you want, and she was VERY reasonably priced. I couldn't have been happier with mine.
How many people are you having? One thing I would mention, is that we had 100 people on tables of 10 and I found the room a little squishy (ie the parents table was right in front of the bridal table). We were originally planning to have 120 in there, and I'm glad we didn't.
There was another wedding on at the same time as ours upstairs, but to be honest we didn't even notice them until we went out on the lawn to have some photos and the other bride waved at me from upstairs... most of our guests didn't even know they were there.
Good luck!
Sian

blushyb

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:31 pm

I've just found this on facebook:

"To celebrate the start of wedding season, all ‘brides to be’ that make a booking to visit the stunning Eagle Ridge wedding venue in September, will receive a deliciously indulgent ‘Bunty’ gift pack from Lush*, a personally guided tour and complimentary English tea with a glass of bubbles for two!"

has anyone checked this place out? is it worth a visit?

EmmaCupcake
Formerly known as MrsH
Formerly known as MrsH

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 am

Thought I might as well pop in here, even though it's pretty quiet.
Most of the venues we've looked at have been around the Peninsula, so I guess I fit in here :lol:

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:02 pm

we are getting married at sorrento historic park (the rotunda) and then lunch at the sorrento hotel just across the road.
nice to finally have things finalised :)

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Went to a beautiful wedding yesterday at Summerfields. They had an outdoor ceremony, overlooking the lake. It is a really stunning venue!

It was SO windy, so it was a little frustrating that they didn't let us inside a little earlier, even if we waited inside without canapés for 15 min, I don't think anyone would have minded because the wind was just atrocious.

Food was pretty good. It's a fairly small venue, about half had to stand for the ceremony and I think the were about 100 seated, you could have had more if you sacrificed the dance floor.

Overall, pretty nice for a peninsula wedding :)

S&A

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:10 am

A little tip for the Mornington Peninsula:

We went to small little vineyard called Mrs Nicks. A wonderful tree of love (you could the ceremony there) , nice rustic venue with lots of details and wine barrels, vineyard setting. Very friendly and personal ... their website does not really do the venue justice: http://www.mrsnicks.com.au

Have a look at a full wedding photographed there: http://wedding.freshphotography.com.au/ ... otography/

SamiG

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:09 pm

does anyone have any contact details in order to receive a quote from Coolart Mansion re: a reception and ceremony?
http://www.themorningtonpeninsula.com/B ... ?PostID=20

misskb

Mon May 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi,

Im struggling to find something with the following:

$150 a head or under
2 courses, and canapes
Own cake dessert
Open bar eg, jack daniels, smirnoff, nothing fancy. either a package or BYO option. I'm not after a cash tab

There also needs to be facilities for a ceremony on site.

It's for 55-60.

So far we've looked at:
Rosebud CC, Mornington Golf Club, Malvern Receptions and Kingswood (yuck!)

Any other recommendations? I feel like i've saved every single PDF of venues out there.

misskb

Mon May 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Lawwa
Definitely open to having ceremony elsewhere if its nearby
can you suggest any other places?
thanks
Kristy

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 06, 2013 8:18 pm

yep I am getting married at the sorrento park, the permit covers all of the park so you can get married in the rotunda or under the tree near the helipad etc, the whole park is gorgeous. Permit cost $60 and I would recommend going through the mornington office as they tend to misplace paperwork through internal mail.

we are having our lunch at the sorrento hotel in the sorrento room but they also have other option and they have set menus that are very reasonable and bar packages as well.

I am dealing with erica from the hotel and she is lovely, really helpful and always available for chats if you need her.

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 06, 2013 8:19 pm

forgot to say our guests are buying their own drinks which is not an issue with the hotel

misskb

Wed May 08, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks for the reply,
personally we want an open bar that we cover, so paying bar prices for spirits is rediculous :(

mrcm1166
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 pm

yep you will find most places wont do it. It wasnt an issue to us as our guests opted to buy their own drinks so they could have a choice.

I just found the hotel so helpful and kept in touch, to the point if the girl sees me in the shops she stops to ask how I am going and asking if I am not stressing out, she wants to make it as stress free for me as possible. They are even setting up the table decorations for us, they are so simple so they just literally have to put them on the table, but I found a lot of places didnt like doing that and wanted you to use their preferred decorator.

Lani84
Almost there
Almost there

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi ladies!

FH & I have our wedding booked for March next year :heart:
Our venue is All Smiles in Sorrento, we have our celebrant Emma Tomlinson booked, and photographer Raw Imageworks.
BTW we are organising all of this from Canada! The first thing we did before leaving Melbourne was find the venue so we could see it in person.

Do any of you have any Sorrento area rec's for;
Flowers
Hair & Makeup
Cakes
Ceremony & venue decoration/hire
Accommodation
Taxi/car service

And any hints as to prices for these things? No idea what costs we are looking at.

Thanks!
GZIP: On