Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:53 am

For all the Mornington Peninsula Brides :D

feb2011wedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Mornington Peninsula

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:28 am

Hi Guys,
I've asked for this link as I have booked my wedding for Portsea hotel in Feb 2011 and have seen a lot of other peninsula brides floating around the forum, but nowhere for us all to meet!!
If you have been married or are getting married on Mornington Peninsula please let me know your experiences etc..
Look forward to meeting you all on here :)
SC

shellagirl
I survived and got married

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:46 pm

This would have been great 12 months ago!! :P :P

I got married in Mt Eliza in March this year. Feels like so long ago now!

feb2011wedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Congratulations! Where in Mt Eliza if you don't mind me asking? I was looking at a few venues there, but in the end my FH and I fell in love with the view at Portsea Hotel... Food was great too!
Not feeling all that confident in the wedding co-ordination from them so far as we penciled in a date and time and were told we had 10 days to deposit, and then after depositing we were told someone else got in first with their deposit and took our ceremony time :evil: (we thought once it was penciled it was held for us so that was dissappointing) probably worked out for the best for us anyway as now we have more time for photos, but still upsetting... AND I just found out that the co-ordinator has quit and 2 others will be replacing her.. fingers crossed these one's work out better...

martini
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:27 pm

I am organising a wedding for April 4 next year on the Peninsula. We are having the ceremony at Dalywaters Rose Garden in Mornington - it is sooooo lovely! The reception will be at Vines of Red Hill. Originally I fell in love with the view at Max's at Red Hill Estate but we found the Vines so much more willing to accommodate what we wanted and the outlook from the restaurant onto the vines and rolling hills is so beautiful anyway.

I will be getting ready in Rowville so I don't know if I should use a Peninsula florist or one closer to Rowville. I don't really know a lot of places on the Peninsula that do flowers, transport etc but there is a website called 'toast' or something like that and it has a great list of suppliers and contacts. I really need to get organised and do more, but have to get my school reports done first!!

shellagirl

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:32 pm

feb2011wedding wrote:
Congratulations! Where in Mt Eliza if you don't mind me asking? I was looking at a few venues there, but in the end my FH and I fell in love with the view at Portsea Hotel... Food was great too!
Not feeling all that confident in the wedding co-ordination from them so far as we penciled in a date and time and were told we had 10 days to deposit, and then after depositing we were told someone else got in first with their deposit and took our ceremony time :evil: (we thought once it was penciled it was held for us so that was dissappointing) probably worked out for the best for us anyway as now we have more time for photos, but still upsetting... AND I just found out that the co-ordinator has quit and 2 others will be replacing her.. fingers crossed these one's work out better...

We had our ceremony at Karrawingi Park in Moorooduc, and the reception at Benitos in Mt Eliza. I loved Karrawingi, we had our ceremony by the pond. It was perfect :D

I will be getting ready in Rowville so I don't know if I should use a Peninsula florist or one closer to Rowville. I don't really know a lot of places on the Peninsula that do flowers, transport etc but there is a website called 'toast' or something like that and it has a great list of suppliers and contacts. I really need to get organised and do more, but have to get my school reports done first!!

I used a lady in Langwarrin for my flowers. She is a retired florist. I got my bouquet, 4 bms, 7 buttonholes, 3 fg, and 2 coursages and it cost me $200 (yes, $200).
Here is a pic of my bouquet. Let me know if you want her details.

feb2011wedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Wow those flowers are gorgeous! And so cheap! Might have to contact you for her details a little closer to my wedding! I've just been to a wedding at Karawingi a couple of weeks ago, the ponds were lovely..

Happening
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am also getting married in the mornington pennisula. It's all very exciting.I t's nearly a year away.

Happening
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:51 pm

I have copied a previuos posting just to give you the lowdown,

Re: December 2010
So here how it stands with us so far
Wedding date: 11th December 2010
Your name: Michelle
FH's name: Gavin
Kids 2
Wedding Theme: peacocks and pearls?
Wedding Colours: blues,greens,sandy,pearl
Ceremony: Portsea Hotel
Reception: Portsea Hotel
DJ: -
Photographer: -
Video: -
Celebrant: -
Dress: YES
Shoes: coloured heels and barefoot jewellery (not at the same time)
Bridesmaid : My sister back in Scotland and our daughter, daughter wants strapless, bias cut
Groom and Groomsmen?:
Flowers: Seasonal, green blue
Cake: having lots of different cheeses and fruit stacked like a cake
Limos: I would like to walk
Bonbonierrie: -

Happening
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:54 pm

I just read my ticker 1 year 1 week and 1 day, that definately demands some kind of celebration. :e_bday:

feb2011wedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi Happening! Nice meeting you! I must be getting married a month, a week and a day after you! And at the portsea hotel too :) Are you having the portsea or nepean room?

ecobride

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum ( I was in the vent section but jumped out of their pretty quick :oops: ). I am getting married on the Peninsula in early 2010 (we have not yet set a date). Just wanted to say Hi.

princessjodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:58 pm

hi there,

im also getting married on the mornington peninsula.
We are haveing our ceremony at Karaawinggi, its so gorgeous.

Shella girl, would i be able to get the details for the flowers, its the only thing i havent really thought about yet.

Thanks

shellagirl

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:05 pm

princessjodie wrote:
hi there,

im also getting married on the mornington peninsula.
We are haveing our ceremony at Karaawinggi, its so gorgeous.

Shella girl, would i be able to get the details for the flowers, its the only thing i havent really thought about yet.

Thanks

Jodie I've just pm'd you her details :P

Are you having your ceremony at the pond/gazebo or on the jetty? I love it there. They do such an amazing job keeping it so green and pretty.

princessjodie

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks for that, i really appriecate it.

Ummm... down by the jetty as there are 2 other wedding there on March 7th, they sorta squeezed us in :)

Happening
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:14 pm

We are getting married downstairs at the Portsea, the reception will be down there aswell.
How about you?

feb2011wedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Hey Happening, yeah we're having downstairs for the reception and on the lawn for the ceremony as well. My FH and I both fell in love with it when we went there. Saw a wedding being held the other week on the lawn when we took my inlaws there for lunch on a sunday to check out the place, it looked lovely with the rose petals on the lawn. The bride came in on a speedboat which was interesting.. now my FH has grand ideas of coming in on a jetski or something haha

feb2011wedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm just writing up my budget and wondering if anyone can tell me how much they spent on their mornington Peninsula photographer, who they are and what's included etc...
Wanna get an idea of what we'll be up for...
Thanks!
SC

princessjodie

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:05 pm

feb2011wedding wrote:
Hi Guys,
I'm just writing up my budget and wondering if anyone can tell me how much they spent on their mornington Peninsula photographer, who they are and what's included etc...
Wanna get an idea of what we'll be up for...
Thanks!
SC

We have Golden Light Photography doing ours, Steve Holmes is his name. He has a few packages, the one that we chose is $1400, it includes photos of the bride getting ready, ceremony, reception, cutting of the cake, and bridal waltz, plus one other location( we are having the beach) plus his car to use as our bridal (its a vintage valiant, in white or green). We get a disc of all the original photos taken plus the edited version aswell.

I can email you his pricelist if you like

feb2011wedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:14 am

wow that sounds like a great deal, I was expecting around $2000- $3000. My main priority I think is that they give us the disk of photos... I was looking at his website yesterday, the photo's looked great!
I'd love you to e-mail me the price list. I'll give you my e-mail in a PM.
Thanks Princess Jodie!!
SC
GZIP: On | Load: 0.34