The Mod Squad
Topic Author

Melbourne - Part 2

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:25 pm

biddy

Re: Melbourne - Part 2

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi Ladies,
Newly engaged (about a month) and think its time to start thinking about our wedding. I think the first thing to organise is the location (although I really have no idea what I'm doing, eep!).
So what i'm seeing in my mind is some beautiful garden with twinkling fairy lights. Maybe a marquee or something that makes you feel 'outdoors' and laid back but very classy. It probably sounds lame but I think I want some fairy/midsummer nights dream/hippy/bohemian/shabby chic thing. Lol. Any ideas for a venue that can achieve this? I think Marquees are really expensive. Anyone done a marquee? If so where (we don't have a backyard or anything we can do it in)

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Melbourne Zoo have a gorgeous marquee location. Have delivered there quite a few times.

charlottecj

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi Ladies,
I am just starting to plan our wedding and have found a recpetion venue in Melbourne CBD. We are looking for a small chapel around the outskirts of the city for the ceremony. Can anyone offer any advice? Our reception venue is very rustic so would like the same feeling for the ceremony. any help would be great!
Thanks,
C :)

Rochelle81
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Biddy- The Pavillion in Fitzroy Gardens or the Conservatory in the Botanicgardens are both gorgeous. Lots of glass, fairy light etc.

Has anyone had or been to a wedding at the Langham Hotel? Thinking of having mine there...

PrincessBec

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi guys, getting married mid next year and have a few venues remaining on the shortlist.. Some are there that stretch our budget, others are cheaper but need your guidance if they're still good food etc etc...

Anyway - who has recently been to:
- Roselyn Court
- Regal Ballroom
- Flemington (racecourse, but Peter Rowland catering)
- Quat Quatta
- Metropolis House (now a restaurant but still interested)
- Royce Hotel
- RACV City
- The Trust

I know its a long list - but not kidding when I tell you we got packages and quotes from almost 40 places. We have about 150 people, am looking at Fridays and Winter to reduce cost a little...

Thanks in Advance!

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

PrincessBec wrote:
Hi guys, getting married mid next year and have a few venues remaining on the shortlist.. Some are there that stretch our budget, others are cheaper but need your guidance if they're still good food etc etc...

Anyway - who has recently been to:
- Roselyn Court
- Regal Ballroom
- Flemington (racecourse, but Peter Rowland catering)
- Quat Quatta
- Metropolis House (now a restaurant but still interested)
- Royce Hotel
- RACV City
- The Trust

I know its a long list - but not kidding when I tell you we got packages and quotes from almost 40 places. We have about 150 people, am looking at Fridays and Winter to reduce cost a little...

Thanks in Advance!

Hi dont worry about the long list we also saw about forty places before deciding. We got married at Ripponlea Estate catered by Peter Rowland in May 2010 (Ripponlea is gorgeous) and I could not recommend them enough. The food was amazing, the service and professionalism is five star - they are so organised - they arrange your whole reception as you want it - completely stress free, nothing is too much to ask and they always respond to any questions. So Flemington racecourse would be wonderful.

Quat Quatta was our second choice but we just loved Ripponlea - however I know their food is nice and they are also professional.

Us girls and my family stayed at the Royce Hotel the night before the wedding and we got the most amazing photos in their wonderful corridors, foyer and mirror room - the wedding album looks fantastic due to their art deco look! We had breakfast here and ate in their Dish restaurant. Food is also good here, not quite in the same league as Peter Rowland. But the hotel staff are very nice.

I have also been to a wedding at the RACV Club in the city - again another great choice - food is nice and professional staff. Good luck it all depends on whether you want vintage, art deco or modern look. Quat Quatta is extremely different to say Flemington Racecourse. I hope that helps - have you looked at Ripponlea? If you end up choosing The Royce let me know and I will email you some photos :D

PrincessBec

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks Kylie, very helpful! - Ripponlea was a fraction over budget so had to rule out!

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:29 pm

PrincessBec wrote:
Thanks Kylie, very helpful! - Ripponlea was a fraction over budget so had to rule out!

No problem let us know which one you end up choosing :D

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:43 pm

We had food tasting at Leonda's tonight and I have to say I was amazed by the quality!!!! just beautiful food... :heart: If anyone is considering Leonda's it is definitely worth a look..we're having our reception in the smaller garden room, which is nice and intimate without being too squishy...we're doing the boat exit too which is an added bonus as we're staying at the Langham hotel and will get transported by the boat along the yarra afterwards

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:33 pm

soni@ wrote:
We had food tasting at Leonda's tonight and I have to say I was amazed by the quality!!!! just beautiful food... :heart: If anyone is considering Leonda's it is definitely worth a look..we're having our reception in the smaller garden room, which is nice and intimate without being too squishy...we're doing the boat exit too which is an added bonus as we're staying at the Langham hotel and will get transported by the boat along the yarra afterwards

Thats great news Soni, they seemed very organised when we looked at the Garden room :D

I have seen fantastic photos taken at this venue by Yervant and I must say it came up beautiful the boat exit - Yervant really captured the beauty of the river and the night lights/candles near the boat ramp.

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:17 am

I love Roslyn Court, and it is very popular. I have both been a wedding guest a few times and delivered our cakes there numerous times. I never get sick of it, and with the fairy lights in the trees of a night it is like fairyland.

Michelle22

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi All,

I was due to get Married on 12 March 2011 at Portsea Hotel. Unfortunately this is no longer the case. I have booked James Harvie photographer for the day, the top package (approx $3000) which includes everything you would expect (unlimited locations, all photos etc etc, I cannot remember the exact details but can get back to you).

Anyways James cannot give me a refund which is understandable as being so close to the date he may not be able to book in another wedding and has been holding the date for me all year.

So if anyone else is getting married on the 12th of March and is yet to book in a photographer let me know as I am willing to transfer my booking for half its original cost which is an outstanding deal. Alternatively he also does non wedding photography family portraits etc if you or anyone you know is interested.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can provide the exact details.

Thanks,

Michelle

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Michelle22 wrote:
Hi All,

I was due to get Married on 12 March 2011 at Portsea Hotel. Unfortunately this is no longer the case. I have booked James Harvie photographer for the day, the top package (approx $3000) which includes everything you would expect (unlimited locations, all photos etc etc, I cannot remember the exact details but can get back to you).

Anyways James cannot give me a refund which is understandable as being so close to the date he may not be able to book in another wedding and has been holding the date for me all year.

So if anyone else is getting married on the 12th of March and is yet to book in a photographer let me know as I am willing to transfer my booking for half its original cost which is an outstanding deal. Alternatively he also does non wedding photography family portraits etc if you or anyone you know is interested.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can provide the exact details.

Thanks,

Michelle

Sorry to here about your change of plans :e_hug: I sooo wish it was the 13th March as I'm having my first ceremony (one religious and one civil) on then and then civil ceremony and reception on the 27th March...I've already got a photographer booked for 27th but would have loved to have him shoot our ceremony on the 13th!!

PrincessBec

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:53 am

Sorry to hear Michelle - Hope it all works out for you. :(

mrs_d2b

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:41 pm

I am getting married on March 4th, 2012! We were originally aiming for late this year but left it a bit late and couldn't get the dates we wanted.

So far all i have locked in is:

Venue: The Willows on St Kilda Rd (probably for ceremony and reception, but also considering the Botanical Gardens in St Kilda.

Anything and everything else, i would welcome recommendations!

Best of luck to all of you brides-to-be! I'm very excited now that we have a date (after over a year of lazy engagement...oops!)

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:29 am

Coral's Cakes have been [popular in this and other forums, the no. is 9749 2114.

majic101
Almost there
Almost there

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi all

Anyone heard of or held a reception at Waterfront Venue in Docklands? Seems ok, but I just can't find any reviews!

Thanks!

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:14 pm

We had a looked at this place and it was FH's fav...it would have been perfect for us, as we both wanted something a little different and the restaurant he took me to before he proposed was at docklands, however, our main concern was guests getting there and car parking...we were told we could reserve a section of a public carpark for our guests, but it was a cost we just didnt need and we also didnt want to ask guests to pay for their own parking..having the ceremony on the deck was another drawback for us..it seemed too public IYKWIM?! but the venue supervisors are great to deal with and the food looked awesome! :D :D

katiedaz

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi Melbourne Brides!

I joined WC ages ago but I haven't been back on for ages... Anyway, I'm getting married on the 16th of April at the RACV City Club. We had our food tasting last week and it was amazing! I've been enjoying reading what everyone is up to and seeing the different styles of weddings that are happening... we've used many of these ideas as inspiration for our own wedding!!

Kate :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.52