A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

misskb
Topic Author

Reception venues in Melbourne

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi

I have recently gotten engaged and we have started looking at venues in Melbourne to hold our wedding in 2014 or 2015

We are struggling to find anything suitable..

We're looking at having roughly 50 guests, at less than $115 per head including drinks. (i understand pricing as shown today won't be the same in 2 years time)

Some places we are considering:
The Willows
Southern Golf Club
Bram Leigh receptions

Would any of those cater for such a small wedding?

Does anyone have recommendations in VIC/Melbourne?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: Reception venues in Melbourne

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi Misskb,

I recently got married at Melbourne town hall for $125 per head and i think their min was 50ppl so I think your $115 is reasonable, if you find a place you want but the price is too high maybe consider a morning wedding?

You have plenty of time so I am sure you will find something. also depends how far you are willing to travel, allot of wineries will do receptions?

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:32 pm

I am having mine at Southern Golf - I was quoted the 2014 price as $103 per head.

The room is rather large - so the only thing that might be a bit unusual, is that the room is very big if you are not having many tables.
You could only have tables of 8, to fill it up a bit? I went to a wedding on the weekend and there were 12 of us squished into each table and it was terribly uncomforatable!

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:33 pm

I am having mine at Southern Golf - I was quoted the 2014 price as $103 per head.

The room is rather large - so the only thing that might be a bit unusual, is that the room is very big if you are not having many tables.
You could only have tables of 8, to fill it up a bit? I went to a wedding on the weekend (at a different venue though) and there were 12 of us squished into each table and it was terribly uncomforatable!

Debbie is the contact at Southern and she is just lovely - maybe give her a buzz? I can't see that they have a minimum requirement anywhere on the website, so it never hurts to ask!

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 pm

Have a look at Roselyn Court in Essendon.

SamiG

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 am

Does anyone have prices for Roselyn Court?

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 pm

They were one of the more reasonable venues when I was looking. Shoot them an email or give them a call.

S&A

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 am

Maybe have a look at Riva St Kilda ... we got married there and paid 120$ (January - Sunday as the minimum spend was lower). Nice venue at the beach ...
And without doubt they had the best food I ever had at a wedding.

mystica

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm

How about Clarion Hotel on Canterbury ?
http://www.dirtyweekend.com.au/listing.php?id=737

Their venue and food were just amazing and all staff were so friendly and efficient. (cousin's wedding)

lemonsunrise

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Have you thought about having your wedding on a Sunday night? That might bring the the price down per head at some places. Try and go for a Sunday that runs into a public holiday (but those dates book out fast!), We had our wedding at the Georgian room at the International of Brighton for 80 guests at $110 per head on a Sunday night.

groomtobe74

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:34 am

We had ours on a Sunday night, it was considerably cheaper.

We also only had a smallish wedding (70 people) and looked at several venues before we decided on Nathania Springs.
Fantastic location!
We had friends of ours recently marry with only 50 people at The Lake House in Daylseford, another beautiful location.

We actually found our venue on http://www.quotes4weddings.com.au which is a site that you can get quotes on all your wedding needs (venues, photographers, limos, etc.) Worth a try.

Janelle

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:11 am

The Willows is gorgeous, but I think more expensive. But they do cater for 50 ppl. I am not sure about pricing, but certainly worth a phone call. Roselyn Court is one of my absolute favourites, there again I don't know about prices. Bram leigh is one of the most reasonably priced venues around. Why not get quotes for all 3, and then make your decision.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27