Re: Yarra Valley

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:49 pm

YAY! this will make it easier! :mrgreen:

surprisebride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:51 pm

ok, so the 4 places I am looking at are: Vines at Helen's Hill, Elmswood, Inglewood & Grange.

it is so hard to choose....leaning towards Elmswood and Vines though... but Grange has the accommodation on site which is a huge thing for us with visitors from interstate...hmmmm

how early did everyone book their venues?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:51 pm

I just noticed that your wedding is a little over a year away! Did you end up finding what you needed re the drinks at Elmswood?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:53 pm

surprisebride2b wrote:
ok, so the 4 places I am looking at are: Vines at Helen's Hill, Elmswood, Inglewood & Grange.

it is so hard to choose....leaning towards Elmswood and Vines though... but Grange has the accommodation on site which is a huge thing for us with visitors from interstate...hmmmm

I went through exactly what you are going through at the moment and it can be very stressful!! Did you have any sort of feeling at either places? I sort of knew straight away, I was always interested in the place but it wasnt until we went for a drive and I took stacks of photos that it was confirmed!!

Oh and also, not sure if you saw it in another thread but this website is awesome and has helped heaps:

http://www.yarravalleywedding.com.au

:D

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Yay our very own thread!

FH and I have booked Helens Hill Estate as it was modern and had to die for views. The wedding coordinator Helyna who is no longer there was very helpful and the new girl Miranda is fantastic

I cant wait to get married there!

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:58 pm

lilith wrote:
Yay! Our own thread!

For those who don't know me, I'm Kat and my wedding is at Immerse (http://www.immerse.com.au) in less than 3 weeks... eek!

Wow Lilith...you must be really excited, and busy! :wink:

surprisebride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:45 pm

russa1 wrote:
I just noticed that your wedding is a little over a year away! Did you end up finding what you needed re the drinks at Elmswood?

as we are having less than 80, we don't have the option of combining menu with beverage package. We would have to do bar tab and either put a certain amount on then once runs out guests pay OR just do a running tab and pay all.

so that's another consideration..

surprisebride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:47 pm

russa1 wrote:
surprisebride2b wrote:

I went through exactly what you are going through at the moment and it can be very stressful!! Did you have any sort of feeling at either places? I sort of knew straight away, I was always interested in the place but it wasnt until we went for a drive and I took stacks of photos that it was confirmed!!

Oh and also, not sure if you saw it in another thread but this website is awesome and has helped heaps:

http://www.yarravalleywedding.com.au

:D

thanks for the link, will check it out.

Did you go and visit a few venues or just that one? thinking of going on the weekend to have a look!

surprisebride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 pm

mandamoo wrote:
Yay our very own thread!

FH and I have booked Helens Hill Estate as it was modern and had to die for views. The wedding coordinator Helyna who is no longer there was very helpful and the new girl Miranda is fantastic

The Vines is one of my favs, must go and have a look. Which package did you go for? Miranda has been great - we have been emailing back and forth answering all my questions lol

surprisebride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:50 pm

lilith wrote:
Yay! Our own thread!

For those who don't know me, I'm Kat and my wedding is at Immerse (http://www.immerse.com.au) in less than 3 weeks... eek!

oooohhhh how exciting!!! that is so close! can't wait to see pics. bet you are so nervous but sooooo happy it is nearly here! :mrgreen:

surprisebride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:15 pm

anyone know anything about Fergusson of Yarra Glen?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:28 pm

Yep, we looked at Fergusson but found it to be a bit average also. Some of the others we looked at were:

Balgownie Estate
Killara Estate
Immerse
Mont De Lancey
Mt Rael
Vines at Helens Hill
Rustic Charm
Stones of the Yarra Valley

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:38 pm

lilith wrote:
We looked at pretty much everywhere in the Yarra Valley and Dandenongs! LOL

Yep, I hear! :D

surprisebride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:39 pm

so if you had to put vines up against elmswood - what are your pros & cons for each?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:42 pm

surprisebride2b wrote:
so if you had to put vines up against elmswood - what are your pros & cons for each?

They are both georgeous. Elmswood was more suited to our size and I loved the idea of the Pavillion as we originally wanted a marquee wedding but did not want the stress of organising everything. So this was the next best thing. Both have stunning views but Elmswood was a little closer for us and in the end we were happy with them. :D

surprisebride2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:46 pm

russa1 wrote:
surprisebride2b wrote:

They are both georgeous. Elmswood was more suited to our size and I loved the idea of the Pavillion as we originally wanted a marquee wedding but did not want the stress of organising everything. So this was the next best thing. Both have stunning views but Elmswood was a little closer for us and in the end we were happy with them. :D

i love the pavillion too!!! i am same - wanted marquee not not have to organise everything!! think we will go have a look. when is best to go and see those places? how many people are you having?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:51 pm

surprisebride2b wrote:
russa1 wrote:
surprisebride2b wrote:

i love the pavillion too!!! i am same - wanted marquee not not have to organise everything!! think we will go have a look. when is best to go and see those places? how many people are you having?

Just give them a call, they will be able to organise a time. Even just go and visit the cellar on the weekends, I think are open 10 - 5pm most Saturdays. That's what we originally did.

I cant wait to see the pavillion with all the lights etc on the day!

I forgot to mention also we visited De Bortoli and I couldnt say a nice thing. We went there for a meal at midday and waited until ten past three before our meal arrived. :( Just wanted to share that with you also incase you were planning on checking that out!

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo

Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:06 pm

surprisebride2b wrote:
mandamoo wrote:
Yay our very own thread!

The Vines is one of my favs, must go and have a look. Which package did you go for? Miranda has been great - we have been emailing back and forth answering all my questions lol

Package - We just went for the serve alternating and the cheapest drink package....
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38