A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Yarra Valley

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:51 pm

ohhhh i quite like the look of Immerse... definatly one to take a look at! Thanks

missmalt
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 am

mummabride wrote:
thanks russa1 for your suggestion. Looks lovely but not what i am imagining! I'm after a barn kind of feel?

Hi mummabride,
I think I know the perfect place. Have a look at Gumgully Farm in Silvan. Your reception is held in a barn! The venue is a working farm. Also you could try Kellybrook in Wonga Park. Both have that sort of feel.
I am getting married at Yarra Ranges Estate. No fire place, very rustic with a farm like feel. And competitive prices.

mummabride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:16 pm

missmalt... that is EXACTLY what i am after however my friend had her reception there last year so i wouldn't want mine there. Also she had a heap of trouble with transport as it is kinda in the middle of nowhere! Do you know any other places that are like gumgulley? Doesn't have to be in the yarra valley but preferred! thanks

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Hey mummabride, a couple suggestions for you. Unfortunately not in the Yarra Valley though!

Puffing Billy: my mum and stepdad got married last year at Puffing Billy. The 'wedding special' train took all the guests to an old barn sort of building that has been turned into a wedding venue, and then returned at the end of the night. The whole train thing may not be what you are after but just thought I'd suggest it since the venue itself was very very rustic!

Emu Bottom Homestead (Sunbury): They have an old woolshed that they can use for wedding venues! May be something like what you're after, I haven't actually been there before though.

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Heya all,

Well we finally booked our venue Nathania Springs.. we knew which one we wanted but just needed to get the right price and inclusions sorted. Epppp so excited.. Now for a photographer.. this is going to be such a pain. This actually makes me almost have anxiety. FH Hates photos... like really really hates them so and I don’t want to fork out so much money and then have him play up on the day (gahh sometimes i feel like he is more my child the FH lol ). Anyways i need a photographer who is strong and will tell people what to do and where to go.. I have been in weddings where the photos look like crap coz the photographer is to shy to tell someone to stand still or move this way etc.

Does anyone have any names of photographer that they can recommend?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Hey Tarz, yay for booking a venue!!

Re the Photographer, I can really recommend Sean Callinan from A Touch of Flash. I haven't actually had my wedding yet but have been dealing with Sean for a year and a half and was originally recommended to him myself. This can also make me quite anxious but I had my meeting with him last Tuesday and he did a great job of relaxing everyone (I still need a little work hehehe) but Sean is fabulous, really listens to what you want and will work around you. Definently give him a go: http://www.touchofflash.com.au/

:D :D

missmalt
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:03 am

Tarz84 wrote:
Heya all,

Well we finally booked our venue Nathania Springs.. we knew which one we wanted but just needed to get the right price and inclusions sorted. Epppp so excited.. Now for a photographer.. this is going to be such a pain. This actually makes me almost have anxiety. FH Hates photos... like really really hates them so and I don’t want to fork out so much money and then have him play up on the day (gahh sometimes i feel like he is more my child the FH lol ). Anyways i need a photographer who is strong and will tell people what to do and where to go.. I have been in weddings where the photos look like crap coz the photographer is to shy to tell someone to stand still or move this way etc.

Does anyone have any names of photographer that they can recommend?

Tarz84, we are using Megan Aldrige as our photographer. I met her at a bridal expo and like her instantly.
However if you are looking for someone who will tell everyone what to do and where to go I would recommend Kate Ramsey. The name of her company has changed, so you will have to google search her. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding 18 months ago and she was very good at doing that and her photos are amazing. I was at a friends wedding on the weekend and she was very good with the families which had 30+ people on both sides. Kate was a little full on for my style, we wanted someone who just took photos without intruding.

bellshe321

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:51 am

Hi Ladies,
Just wondering if anyone can give me an honest review of inglewood estate (kangaroo ground) i really love the look of it but have heard good and bad things.
Thanks

Tarz84

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 am

bellshe321 wrote:
Hi Ladies,
Just wondering if anyone can give me an honest review of inglewood estate (kangaroo ground) i really love the look of it but have heard good and bad things.
Thanks

hey there,

we looked at this for our wedding and whilst it is amazingly stunning... the only thing i didn't like was they only have a bar tab option for the drinks..... and I dont no but i have always been stung when putting on a bar tab (i.e. the tab goes quicker then expected). We didn't even get to meeting the people due to this..

Hope this helps!

Tara

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Girls,
I am back. Now with both the reception and the ceramony booked. I have come up with another little problem, which I am hoping you can help me with.
Wedding photographer!
The first wedding photographer I had like a year ago, contacted me to say he had decided to get out of the business.

More searching..

The second photographer I had, has just rang me then to tell me she cannot do my wedding as she is now getting married the day after ours :(

Now I need someone good, reliable and cheap. Who is going to be available in like 10-11 months.

Arh I hingk this is my first wedding drama.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:44 am

I can highly highly recommend A Touch of Flash Photography!!

Photography was very important for me, something I wasn't going to compromise on and Sean was fabulous.

http://www.touchofflash.com.au/

:D

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:45 am

bellshe321 wrote:
Hi Ladies,
Thanks

I looked at them last year when picking my wedding venue, but ultimatly decided not to go with them because of the tab thing and they were quite inflexable about the menu and I did not like the food they had on offer. Having a bunch of seventh day adventists at the wedding and nearly all thier food contained pork and they wouldnt change it. Plus the person I spoke to I thought was a bit abrupt with me

But a friend of mine crystal has just booked them, she spoke to another girl and said they spoke to was wonderful and nothing seemed to much trouble for them.

So I suggest you go and check it out and see how much you like it, it is undoubtable a beautiful perfect location.

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:00 pm

russa1 wrote:
I can highly highly recommend A Touch of Flash Photography!!

Photography was very important for me, something I wasn't going to compromise on and Sean was fabulous.

http://www.touchofflash.com.au/

:D

I just looked at your wedding photo album on here. Russa you look absolutly stunning!!
I will keep flash photography in mind but I am not sure if he is exactly what I want.
Allowyn gardens look so beautiful in your pictures as well.

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:19 am

Actually I just went through all thier gallery pics russa (and saw the one of you in the mirror (I think??))

and actully I do think I like them, I might go with them :) Definatly on my short list.

Thankyou, for the recommendation.

Sweetpez
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:56 am

The other people I like are AJ photography, I already have russa's advice for a touch of flash and her gorgeous photos, so has anyone had any experience with A.J's ?

Pesh

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:41 pm

HI,

Just wondering how the fatcats band went? We're looking at using them but I can't seem to find many/any reviews or feedback on what they're actually like live!
Thanks

Chelley

Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have just found this forum. I am going to Immerse in the Yarra Valley tomorrow to pay my deposit to be married in November this year.

I am starting to panic a bit about getting everything organised!

Has anyone else been married at Immerse?

Thanks Shelley.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 pm

You have picked a gorgeous venue!!! The new chapel is stunning :heart:

Daughter

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Chelley wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have just found this forum. I am going to Immerse in the Yarra Valley tomorrow to pay my deposit to be married in November this year.

I am starting to panic a bit about getting everything organised!

Has anyone else been married at Immerse?

Thanks Shelley.

We're getting married there in December. We adore it :heart:

Chelley

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Daughter wrote:

We're getting married there in December. We adore it :heart:

I think it is an amazing venue.

Russa1, The chapel is beautiful isn't it! The bridal suite is nice too. :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.3