Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs - Part 2

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:43 am

Holy god. GO TOOWOOMBA! I never thought we would maxxxx out a thread. :lol:

Kerryanne
Life's Too Short To Play Bad Music

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:50 am

Such chatterboxes now in the Toowoomba thread!
When I first joined there weren't even enough of us to have our own thread!!!

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi there, I'm all new to this and just recently engaged, been almost 2 weeks and I'm allready stressed. I've been browsing the forum for wedding suggestions and thought I might as well join, as you all seem so lovely. Oh and congratulations to everyone, the stressing aside, it's fantastic to be engaged and getting married, it still feels so surreal.

We're planning on having our reception at Gips in late Feb 2010 or early march 2010, have a couple of dates penciled in, but havn't confirmed yet, that's tomorrow's job. FH and I are unsure on where to have our ceremony, we want a civil one as we both are from diff religions, and are somewhat unpractising (if that's even a word). Has anyone seen or heard about the Warwick Street Chappel?

*Loulou*
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Wow part 2! Well done ! Were having our honeymoon in Thailand too! Were going for about 18-20days Bangkok, Phuket & Chang Mai still going through travel agents than will decide whether to do it ourself or who offers the best deals. Any suggestion good or bad would be great!

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Lol....I was just catching up in part one and got all confused!

Tea85....love your rings! they are gorgeous.

Frazzled, we are doing Thailand too! Looks like the place to be huh? hehe

I picked up for FH's wedder today. He doesn't know yet, so he'll be pretty excited when I show him! :)

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:42 am

Welcome Pinklilli! :lol: We are having our reception at Gips too, can't reccomend them enough (so far!).

I haven't heard much about the Warwick St Chapel, we are having our ceremony at Preston Chapel

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks Lou82. Cath at Gips is soooo nice and helpful. Preston chapel is my second choice, only because its out of town. It is a little over our budget, but now that I've been looking into things I'm starting to think, who cares about how much its going to cost (within reason, obviously :) ) You only get married once! I think I may take FH for a drive out there and see. The people who run the Warwick Street Chapel haven't been overly keen to entice my business, yet the lady Merrilyn? from Preston is so lovely and i think i chatted with he for around 20 mins yesterday, rather than the 1 min the Warwick Street Chapel spent talking to me.

jod1981

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi and welcome pinklilli, we too are having our reception at Gips but we are also getting married in the gardens of gips. Have you considered this option???

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi jod1981, it seems like Gips is the place to be. We're having the reception in the James Taylor Room and Cath there said we could only use the garden immediately in front of it. Since we're planning on 27 Feb 2010, the garden isn't that green, FH pointed out some brown spots (diddums :roll: ) and he thinks it will look the same next year. I see you're getting married in spring this year (if i did my maths right), the gardens would look so much better then, and be all fresh, rather than after a hot summer, hmm maybe i'm now talking myself out of a Feb wedding, i think i'm showing bridzilla symptoms, i've changed my mind so much in the last few weeks.

FH's mum just rang me and suggested her soon to be old church building, which she assures me it will have no resemblance of a religious feel to the building once they move into their new building, So now I'm thinking of that place, and hopefully it won't offend my Catholic family. My goodness has anyone else had so many changes of mind, or is it just me?? :D

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:02 pm

pinklilli wrote:
My goodness has anyone else had so many changes of mind, or is it just me?? :D

Nope, definately not just you! :lol: I had doubts/changes of mind over everything and still am!

wenji
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:56 am

Hi girls,

Well I didn't really post much in the Tooowoomba forums...and my wedding is here in a short time now!

Saw two weddings out at the Japanese gardens yesterday!! How exciting!

I just wanted to point out something when researching places to have a reception etc in Toowoomba. I was pretty surprised with the amount of extras Gips charged for if you held your wedding there. I can't remember off the top of my head, but there was $xx to have your photos taken on their property (I think that was even if you had the ceremony there) and the list went on.

Please note, I am NOT bagging the place because of this, I just personally didn't want to pay for those extras. (Some other places would still charge for these things in one unitemised amount - others don't charge anything at all!)

Kerryanne

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:50 am

Neat to see how everyone's planning is going, and I've surprised myself at how organised we are. Time for an update! So far:

Celebrant - booked
Ceremony venue - booked
Reception venue incl bar - booked
Music - well, yeah, booked!
Dress - arrived :-)
Save the date magnets - made
Invitation list - done

Still to do:
Reception food
shoes, flowers etc
invites
actually sending out the STDs :P
Narrow down multitude of song choices

And over a year to go!

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Wenji, I had NO IDEA you were from Tba. Lol, you hide it well.

Had our E Party yesterday at Platform 9. Should have heaps of photos up tomorrow!

wenji
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Nikkie wrote:
Wenji, I had NO IDEA you were from Tba. Lol, you hide it well.

Had our E Party yesterday at Platform 9. Should have heaps of photos up tomorrow!

I grew up there but FH and I live in Brisbane now. :wink: My parents are still there and when we were looking for places to have the ceremony/reception, all the plans just fell towards Toowoomba.

I just made sure out of the final 3 options (2x Brisbane and 1x Toowoomba), FH chose the best one so that if it was Toowoomba, he could never turn around (or more so his mother can't complain) that it was in Toowoomba and not Brisbane. :roll:

Just drove back to Brisbane tonight. It was getting cool up there in the evenings, so I hope it doesn't get too cold over the next few weeks!

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:42 pm

It's getting effing cold actually. Some days here were freezing the other week, but that was partly because of the cyclone.

BTW girls, anyone at the Cube Saturday night for their hens and throwing up in their veil? Cause someone was!

wenji
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:33 am

Nikkie wrote:
BTW girls, anyone at the Cube Saturday night for their hens and throwing up in their veil? Cause someone was!

OK, that was NOT me! My hen's is this weekend and on request, its going to be low key.

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 am

Wow Kerryanne, you are one very organised woman, I am very impressed :D . I have booke our reception, but not the ceremony location (i think I'm a bit backwards), and hae found THE dress and that's about it and I only have 341 days til the wedding. I love your idea of STD magnets. I'm thinking of making my own STD postcards.

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:07 am

wenji wrote:
Nikkie wrote:

OK, that was NOT me! My hen's is this weekend and on request, its going to be low key.

Suuuuure it wasn't you! She was having a great time though, good on her. I busted her slapping my FH and his BestMan on the arse. The look on their faces, I couldn't help laughing.

wenji
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:14 am

Nikkie wrote:
wenji wrote:
Nikkie wrote:

Suuuuure it wasn't you! She was having a great time though, good on her. I busted her slapping my FH and his BestMan on the arse. The look on their faces, I couldn't help laughing.

Nope certainly not me!! 8O (Guess FH and BM have nice asses though??? :mrgreen: )
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26