A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs - Part 2

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm

I've been into Craker Printing a few times, sometimes I''m served, sometimes I'm not, but because when I have been served I've experienced excellent service, I'm prepared to wait. If I didn't have that experience I would have been out the door too. I think they are far cheaper than Spot Colour, because I got a quote from there and I found the lady not so helpful, she's actually a family friend and I found that a bit rude, she should have been more helpful than anything. I think your next bet may be to check out places online.

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 pm

MissTmba.... My sister did my invites, and has started an ebay company. She is actually in the middle of doing 3 other weddings invites as we speak.

She probably has a few more samples up for you to have a squiz.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Designs- ... QQ_armrsZ1

Oh and girls I had my hair and makeup trial on Saturday. The hair was absolutely perfect, exactly what I wanted.

Makeup was brilliant too. I didn't take photos, because after I had approved it, they made a few changes cos it was my sisters 21st that night.

I am using Urban Hi-Lights and "Beauty and the Bride" (They took over from Faces by Paige)

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Greenwedding your sisters ivites look really nice. And great price. I might just consider them myself. :heart:

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Green Wedding! wrote:
Oh and girls I had my hair and makeup trial on Saturday. The hair was absolutely perfect, exactly what I wanted.

Makeup was brilliant too. I didn't take photos, because after I had approved it, they made a few changes cos it was my sisters 21st that night.

I am using Urban Hi-Lights and "Beauty and the Bride" (They took over from Faces by Paige)

I have to agree, I had my makeup trial with the ladies who took over from Paige, I was a bit nervous about it to begin because it's so close to my wedding but I think she actually did a better job than Paige, have to admit it took a while though.

I would also highly recommend Sarah from Urban Hi-Lights, had my hair trial today, it was awesome :lol:

ImageImage

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:42 am

Your hair looks great Lou, she did a really good job.

jod1981

Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:45 am

Just sitting on the varandah at Hamilton Island while my son is sleeping and thought i would pop up a few pics. Will post some more when we get home

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:20 am

Awww everything looks beautiful Jodi, you look stunning!!! :lol: Gorgeous pics!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:17 am

lou love your hair! Looks so pretty.

Wow jodi! Looks amazing congrats hun.

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:21 am

You look absolutely beautiful. You and your 3 men (well 1 big man and 2 little men) are an adorable family. Big congratulations

*danni*
Grow old along with me the best is yet to be
Grow old along with me the best is yet to be

Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Congratulations Jodie!! You look gorgeous, can't wait to see some more pics!!

Lou- when your day is over I'd really like to pick your brains about getting married on Carnival weekend, as I'm doing it next year.. EEK. Won't hassle you now, cause I know your probably sooo busy!! You hair looks gorgeous by the way!!! :D

Bostock

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Ladies

Been reviewing the forum for some time, so thought it was about time i joined up.

I'm getting married in Feb 2010 in Maryvale, part of the Darling Downs region (i think or is it scenic rim?)

I'm back to having to organise my hair and makeup as the company I had booked with has disappeared. Before making my booking I had been looking at Kylie Nolan's website and was going to go with her... so I am really annoyed at myself for not doing this in the first place. Im waiting to see if she is available, but from what I have read she is highly rated.

My wedding location makes it a tad difficult to have ppl come to as its a bit out in the middle of nowhere but so far so good.

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Jodi....beautiful pics! lol the long tables too.

Lou82....isn't Sarah just lovely! She is soo easy to get along with and does a great job on the hair. Your hair looks gorgeous. You must be excited. 2 days to go! :)

Tea...yup, she does a great job! Just shoot her an email and she'll do up a sample to suit you. :)

My Bridal shower invites went out today. We are having a chocoholics party. (MMm, chocolate) and they are so cute!

They are little strawberries dipped in chocolate! (That is the invite, with writing in the middle)

woombiegirl

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:39 pm

It seems like ages since I posted anything. All seems to be going well with 9 days to go. We have recently moved house, so that has managed to keep my mind off the wedding for a while. We have had our wedding rings for about 4 weeks now, and only 2 days ago did I actually get the chance to take a good look at them. Unfortunately I realised that I'd been sent a high domed ring instead of a half round!!! I wasn't going to worry about it so close to the wedding, but I knew I would be annoyed. I couldn't believe how simple it has been to change. Now I am awaiting news that it has arrived at the store in Sydney, so my FIL can pick it up on their way!!! Can't begin to explain how excited I am. On another note: we are going with Is Flowers in Bridge St. I've heard good reports, and will be able to update you all in a couple of weeks. My last day of work tomorrow before we fly down to Woombie, and I start the week long process of massages and tans...

Lou82 - Have a fantastic weekend. Hope everything goes well. Remember to take some time out to enjoy it for yourselves.

soon_2_b_mrs_s

Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi girls,
Is anyone looking at the new DaVinci room that Donna Mitchell is doing that is opening next year???

melly03

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:06 am

Bostock wrote:
Hi Ladies

Been reviewing the forum for some time, so thought it was about time i joined up.

I'm getting married in Feb 2010 in Maryvale, part of the Darling Downs region (i think or is it scenic rim?)

I'm back to having to organise my hair and makeup as the company I had booked with has disappeared. Before making my booking I had been looking at Kylie Nolan's website and was going to go with her... so I am really annoyed at myself for not doing this in the first place. Im waiting to see if she is available, but from what I have read she is highly rated.

My wedding location makes it a tad difficult to have ppl come to as its a bit out in the middle of nowhere but so far so good.

Hi there,

What date are you in February? Our date is the 6th and we're getting married at Preston Manor. So excited, I cannot wait until the big day! I'm studying part time and working full time, but will finish uni in October, then it will be full blown wedding planning all the last minute details! It's coming up so fast. I'm getting my make up by Gemma Head, who seems pretty good I think. She is mobile as well if you have no luck with Kylie. How is all your other planning going?

melly03

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:08 am

Jod - you're photos are gorgeous! You must be so happy with you day!

Lou - good luck with tomorrow! Have an awesome day! Would be great to see some photos once you have the time to post some down the track.

Bostock

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:51 pm

melly03 wrote:

Hi there,

What date are you in February? Our date is the 6th and we're getting married at Preston Manor. So excited, I cannot wait until the big day! I'm studying part time and working full time, but will finish uni in October, then it will be full blown wedding planning all the last minute details! It's coming up so fast. I'm getting my make up by Gemma Head, who seems pretty good I think. She is mobile as well if you have no luck with Kylie. How is all your other planning going?

Hi

Our date is Friday 19th. We are getting married at Spicers Peak Lodge.

I secured my booking with Kylie (woohoo) but thank you for your recommendation. Plans are coming along nicely. My dress should be completed by November. We have flowers to choose once we know what colour the bridesmaid will be wearing. We cant seem to find anything nice to date. So once we have the colour I then need to source a florist who will deliver and is a reasonable cost and I have no clue what kind of flowers I want, just something nice. Oh and we are having a hard time deciding on music. Who thought it would be this hard!!

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Lou82....thinking of you! Have a fantastic day Tomorrow, I'm sure you will look gorgeous! :)

My flowergirl dresses arrived today, from DuoSheng! They are sooo cute. I love them!

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:08 am

:heart: :D Good Luck Lou!! Have a fantastic day. Can't to hear all about it and remember post lots of Pics! lol :D :heart:

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Green Wedding! wrote:
Tea...yup, she does a great job! Just shoot her an email and she'll do up a sample to suit you. :)

Ordered my samples! :bdance: :bdance:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12