A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

alreadymarried

Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs - Part 2

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:16 pm

pinklilli wrote:
I'm having huge probs finding a BM dress. I found one at NB Style, but only 1 of them liked it, then found another at Chantilly Weddings, and the other BM didn't like it. I've decided as long as the dress is the same colour and material, they can have different styles.
We have an appointment with Wedding World on Sat, does anyone know what they stock so I can google them before we go in?
All the dress shops are saying we need to order by next week absolute latest to ensure the dresses are here in time for the wedding - so kind of panicking now :evil: .

I don't think that would be an issue... in fact, I think weddings with different dresses look very fresh and modern. Also I agree, it is your wedding day but if your bridesmaids aren't comfortable then they won't be happy and this could end with bad piccies. I think if you're not concerned then go for it!

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:39 pm

Hey girls, for those who haven't seen it, just wanted to let you know I put up my recs/anti-recs in the 'Share your experiences with products and services' section.

The biggest anti-rec I had (for those who are having Blooming Gorgeous do your flowers) is that 'Ivory' in Rose lingo means PEACH! If they suggest 'ivory' roses insist on white roses unless of course you want peach coloured ones :lol: Was pretty pi$$ed about that but otherwise the flowers were lovely.

Good luck to Snooky and Green Wedding for this weekend, hope you both have an amazing day! :lol: Can't wait to see some pics when you get back (if you want to share some :lol: )

Snooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 pm

Still waiting for it to sink in it's THIS WEEK!!! Had a hair cut, foils and eyelash tint today. 3 hours of pure indulgence - gotta love those massage chairs. The hairdresser was kind of busy and had to keep answering phone calls so she just left me in the massage chair which I certainly had no complaints about :D I've been in the frame of mind that it's Saturday for the last 3 days, but I managed to get almost everything done over the weekend - place cards, bagging our personalised candy, meeting up with FH's uncle who is our MC and even had time to decorate a basket to put our bubbles in! All that's left now is OOS booklets and ironing the boy's ties :P I'm so so glad I'm organised because I'm feeling way too laid back right now and Friday is going to sneak up on me!!

Trcka 2 Be

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:32 am

Hey ladies,

OMG it is coming so quickly Arhhhhh :lol: , just wondering is anyone giving a gift to the people who will be reading that you ceremony and if so what?????

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:18 pm

Trcka 2 Be wrote:
Hey ladies,

OMG it is coming so quickly Arhhhhh :lol: , just wondering is anyone giving a gift to the people who will be reading that you ceremony and if so what?????

Oh cr@p, I meant to give them gifts but forgot!!!! :(
There were so many other gifts to buy, for drivers, MC etc etc. For these people I bought little note pads (from cardiology in grand central, they're really cute) or body shop items (around $10-$15) for the girls and pens or keyrings for the boys (also from cardiology).

*danni*
Grow old along with me the best is yet to be

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:03 pm

I'll probably give bottles of wine to those doing things for us- drivers, mc etc

Bostock

Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:42 pm

Best of luck to the ladies for this weekend! How exciting.

Today I went into Brisbane City and chose my wedding band to match my engagement ring. I had to leave my engagement ring with the jeweller so it can all match perfect etc. My hand feels so weird without my ring. I keep going to touch the band on the underneath and keep feeling skin forgetting its not there. :(

I also check out some stores for earrings and shoes. Brisbane Myer have a large selection of Alan Pinkus shoes, so beautiful. http://www.alanpinkus.com.au/

I wanted to know some opinions. We are having an outside wedding ceremony with celebration canapes and champagne afterwards. There is a large pool deck area as well as a patio area and of course loads of grassed area - think acreage. I'm stuck in choosing shoes with a heel or going the flats. I am assuming that in most cases the dress is going to cover the shoes, but I don't want to opt for heels and then have them sinking into the grass a % of the day. What is your thoughts I would really value your opinions.

Also I am trying to find long drop / chandelier earrings, can anyone recommend a business?

MissTmba

Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:40 am

Ok so today i am getting myself a celebrant....
Margaret Anne McCormack
June Winter
Lynne Stapleton
Are my three new choices... any feedback ?????

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Good luck for the weekend Snooky and Green Wedding, hope you both have a wonderful day! :lol:

Bostock wrote:
I wanted to know some opinions. We are having an outside wedding ceremony with celebration canapes and champagne afterwards. There is a large pool deck area as well as a patio area and of course loads of grassed area - think acreage. I'm stuck in choosing shoes with a heel or going the flats. I am assuming that in most cases the dress is going to cover the shoes, but I don't want to opt for heels and then have them sinking into the grass a % of the day. What is your thoughts I would really value your opinions.

Also I am trying to find long drop / chandelier earrings, can anyone recommend a business?

You're right, for 99% of the wedding day no one will see your shoes. I think it depends on the look you want to go for as heels make you walk with more grace/elegance IMO. You could wear high heels down the aisle if you wanted that graceful look and then flats for mingling, dancing etc. I would go the heels and get some of those flat, round lookings things you put on the end of the heels to stop them sinking into the grass.

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:57 am

Best of wishes to Green Wedding and Snooky for this weekend

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:31 am

Goodluck today girls! I hope your days are Fantastic! Can't wait to here all about them and remember Lots and lots of photos Please! LOL

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:18 am

Argh, our wedding cars plans have now fallen through. I think our biggest lesson in planning this wedding is not to rely on family & friends too much for the big things. What are you guys doing for wedding cars? Anyone know how much it costs for limos or chauffeur driven cars?

greenmum

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi, I am Greenwedding's mum.
I will try to display some pics from what was a flawless and spectacular day.
We are waiting anxiously for the video and photo's from the professionals.

The cake http://www.muzic4u.info/Reid1/slides/IMG_0059.html

pinklilli
♥together forever♥
♥together forever♥

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Greenwedding;s mum you rock!! Thank you for posting a link to the photos. Looks like Greenwedding had a beautiful day, everything looks fantastic. That cake is amazing. Congratulations Greenwedding :bdance: :bdance: :bdance:

Green Wedding!
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm MARRIED!

Guys, check out those photos! They are awesome. Everyone had a really great night.

Thanks for that Mum! :) I'm off on honeymoon, talk soon ladies.

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Green Wedding! wrote:
I'm MARRIED!

Guys, check out those photos! They are awesome. Everyone had a really great night.

Thanks for that Mum! :) I'm off on honeymoon, talk soon ladies.

YAYYYYY, PHOTOS!!!! :lol: You look beautiful! Looks like a really great reception and wedding, everyone looks like they are having a ball! Congratulations! Hope you have an awesome honeymoon :lol:

*danni*

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:54 pm

GORGEOUS!!! Yay!! You are a MRS!!! Everything looks gorgeous, congratulations!!

How was Preston Manor??
And can I ask what that fluro/flame looking thing is near the DJ?

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Congrats Greenwedding!! Your photos are fantastic! Love the colours and the cake wow! you look so happy.

greenmum

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Hello girls,

They left for Thailand around 6pm and will have 3 weeks there.
Toni will post the pro pics when she gets back, and I am sure she will tell you heaps more.
She asked me to thank the following people so you could all see who did what.

Photographer: AnnieLyn
Room decor: Elegant Weddings by Florence. (except centre pieces and Wishing Well)
Venue : Preston Manor ( exceptional, great food, staff and service)
Music : Muzic4u ( Peter was brilliant)
Fireworks : Local company out at Mt Rascal (beautiful display that thrilled everyone)
Cake : Picasso's Pantry
Guests : Our friends and family who made it special by coming along!
Stationary : JLH Designs
The flame looking effect near the D.J was supplied by Muzi4u and was different and added an extra dimension.

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:11 am

Was Kris or Annie doing the piccies? We booked Kris the other day and after seeing their work there we are very, very excited! :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.68