A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Re: Brisbane - Part 4

Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:24 pm

hi girls havent been in here for a while as we are now getting married in NZ, hope all is going well with planning for everyone.
just a technical question, can I be part of the Brissy thread even though we're not getting married here?

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:41 pm

ric & crys wrote:
hi girls havent been in here for a while as we are now getting married in NZ, hope all is going well with planning for everyone.
just a technical question, can I be part of the Brissy thread even though we're not getting married here?

i cant see why not :)

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Damn straight you can! How's the plans for nz going?

lolli
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 pm

ric & crys, sure, would love to hear more about your nz plans :)

poodle

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi Girls, just wondering if you can help me..... I am getting married at Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens (wedding lawns 2) and was just wondering about the music side of things.

Has anyone been to a wedding there? Did they use an ipod with speakers or have live music....... I am just trying to figure out what would be best for the ceremony music. I would prefer to use an ipod as we are trying to keep down costs but if its going to sound horrible we will just have to fork out for a duo or trio of muscians.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Poodle - I have no idea, where exactly i the Gardens are you located? I know they have random powerpoints in their gardens, I know this because my friend charged her phone in one once randomly!
Sorry I am not much more help

maz91

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:13 pm

Im looking for an electric/royale blue pattern for my maids? does anyone know where i can get quality patterned fabrics?

KiKi Bride

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi All,
I am in need of some serious help and am hopng you all might be able to help me out a little, I have been living on the net for about the past 2 months searching for our dream reception location. I have looked at most of the wedding packages online for the Brisbane area, but nothing is really jumping out at us.

I am seeking out if anyone knows of or has been to a wedding with a bit of a difference,
We would ideally like to have the ceremony & reception in the once place with accommodation facilities also!

I have always wanted to get married on the beach but cant seem to find that dream location. We are looking at places eithier on or around the beach or anywhere with gardens or creeks.

If anyone can please help us with some venue locations I would be ever soo happy!!

poodle

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 am

Kiki Bride - try the Bardon Conference Centre...... I haven't been there myself but the website looks really good. They have accommodation and also packages for weddings, they are a garden setting type venue.
http://www.centralvenues.com.au/central ... /index.htm

Maz91 - try funky fabricx in Mitchelton, their materials are really cool..... totally different varieties to what is available in Spotlight and Lincraft. They have an online store to give you some idea.
http://www.funkyfabrix.com.au/

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 pm

I agree spotlight have some great finds, just be prepared to spend some time and really have a good dig. I had my sister (MOH) try on a dress a few weeks back that was bright/sky/electric blue color, it was a stunning color

Kiki Bride, sorry to hear your still searching, seems like a monster task doesn't it? I know it's outside of Brisbane but my friend had her wedding, reception, and hens/bucks ect ect at the Hyatt Regency Coolum. They had the ceremony down by the lake and it really was stunning. just a thought of course.

Please keep us updated with your ideas and what you and your FH decide on.

I just saw my ticker 8O 4 months and 1 day till our wedding and we still have no idea what to do. But we are both still leaning towards keeping the date and the venue and possibily tacking the money we lost onto our personal loan. Oh well, this is what we both want, so what's another $2K? :roll:

Which means I need to work on invatations very ver very soon, won't buy anything until it's all confrimd (again) but will definatly sort of what style i want and what we need to make them (quanties ect ect)

I tried on my dress again the other day with a borrowed petticoat underneath... it still doesn't sit right without the hoops, and truth be told it just doesn't feel right anymore 8O I'm having dress remorse and have found another dress that I'm in love with *sigh again*

On top of all this I have today just found out my sister (MOH) is pregnant (shock horror to the rest of the family as she is only 21 and just recently broke up with her boyfriend 8O ) so we are going to have to sort out somthing dress wise for her. Susgestions anyone? Sorry to vent all this hear girls :oops:

Cyn84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:17 am

Hope everyone's planning is going well.

I'm on holidays for 2 weeks so trying to get alot of meetings out of the way.

Have celebrant meetings with Pam Salway and Janet Price tomorrow, Photography meetings with Fusion Blue photography and Inexpensive Wedding photography monday and then we are going to the expo at the Sofitel on Saturday (mum myself and my bridesmaids and possibly another friends who's getting married the same day as me lol), then sunday another celebrant meeting with Geoff Mazlin. So all going well by the Monday we will have booked a photographer and celebrant.

Ps. If anyone has any experience's with those i've said i'd love to hear it lol.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Girls... well its been almost two years since my wedding and since i use to live in this thread...

but now my friend is getting married and i get to help look for ideas!!

We are north side.. we have a reception at the belvedere at woody point.. so we are on the look out for a great ceremony venue.. not on the beach..that wont cost to much..

so if anyone has come across anything pleas let me know..

So far she loves the look of the golden ox, the garden out the back, but they want $400 to just have a ceremony there!!

ETA: Kiki Bride.. try Glengariff Estate winery.. amazing.. they do the lot.. http://www.Glengariffestate.com.au ???

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:09 pm

kiwicolz wrote:
Hi Girls... well its been almost two years since my wedding and since i use to live in this thread...

but now my friend is getting married and i get to help look for ideas!!

We are north side.. we have a reception at the belvedere at woody point.. so we are on the look out for a great ceremony venue.. not on the beach..that wont cost to much..

so if anyone has come across anything pleas let me know..

So far she loves the look of the golden ox, the garden out the back, but they want $400 to just have a ceremony there!!

ETA: Kiki Bride.. try Glengariff Estate winery.. amazing.. they do the lot.. http://www.Glengariffestate.com.au ???

Agreeded, Glengariff is lovely, went to a wedding there recently, excllent food and it's just stunning.

Hmmmm, by memory therer is a small church on top of the hill somwhere in Shorncliffe/Sandgate area that over looks the beach (I think).
I have found that there are many many places that charge up to and around that $400 just to have the ceremony! So not fair if you ask me.

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:10 pm

I agree Glengariff is beautiful, but I am biased cause I got married there in October!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Hey girls, hope all is well. I am slowly getting wedding plans back on track, but would like to know of a few good florist in Bris Vegas? Northside perferably. As always, your help is greatly appricated :D

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Daniela from pink and purple petals is amazing! :mrgreen:

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 pm

thanks White_rabbit i am checking her out now :D

pinkmakeup

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

GingerNinja wrote:
Hey girls, hope all is well. I am slowly getting wedding plans back on track, but would like to know of a few good florist in Bris Vegas? Northside perferably. As always, your help is greatly appricated :D

I used Karen from Bliss Floral http://www.blissfloral.com.au/ Her flowers were amazing!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 pm

pinkmakeup wrote:
GingerNinja wrote:

I used Karen from Bliss Floral http://www.blissfloral.com.au/ Her flowers were amazing!

Hi Pinkmakup, thanks :D Hey do you have a website or any info on your makup services?

pinkmakeup

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:06 pm

No worries.
Will PM you :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.65