mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Re: Brisbane - Part 4

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:01 pm

mini_k27 wrote:
christabelle wrote:

Hi Mini
I'm not too sure but google reckons that shoe repair places like Mister Minute etc offer that service....are there any shoe repair places where you are? Maybe ask them if they know of anyone who offers that service?

Thanks Christabelle. We have a cobbler guy here, I will have to ask him. I usually avoid talking to him though.

I asked the cobbler this morning about this, but he said he doesn't recommend dyeing satin shoes :( He said they put a coating on the fabric that means the dye doesn't hold very well, that it would look good at first but would go yucky after a while. I wonder if I buy the ones from US that I was looking at, whether this would happen with them?

kenzorose

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi All,

I’ve been having difficulty finding cheap vases in Brisbane. I’m looking for ones that are 30 - 40 CM height and 10 in diameter( straight-up design for roses). There were a few cheap ones but they were under 30 cm. I have looked at IKEA, Kmart, cheapie shops and have found none at the right size or they were $20 each. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:51 pm

What about Spotlight?

LesLeigh
I survived and got married

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:03 pm

kenzorose wrote:
Hi All,

I’ve been having difficulty finding cheap vases in Brisbane. I’m looking for ones that are 30 - 40 CM height and 10 in diameter( straight-up design for roses). There were a few cheap ones but they were under 30 cm. I have looked at IKEA, Kmart, cheapie shops and have found none at the right size or they were $20 each. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

This place has them for a pretty good price
http://www.flowerpack.com.au/l26-0/containers/glass-vases/

Lozzie
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Last edited by Lozzie on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:15 am

Lozzie wrote:
Mini is coming all the way from Hervey Bay for it!

Yep and I can't wait!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi ladies, can anyone recommend a good florist who doesn't charge excessively? I just got quoted about $2000 for 1 bride's bouquet, 4 BM's bouquets, 7 buttonholes and 2 corsages. Somehow I find that price ridiculous. I was only expecting to spend no more than $1000 for those flowers :(

LesLeigh

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 am

bryaneunice wrote:
Hi ladies, can anyone recommend a good florist who doesn't charge excessively? I just got quoted about $2000 for 1 bride's bouquet, 4 BM's bouquets, 7 buttonholes and 2 corsages. Somehow I find that price ridiculous. I was only expecting to spend no more than $1000 for those flowers :(

Hey,
Im not sure of exact prices, but try Passion Floral Design... Im getting mine from her (and yes it is because she is family), but she is jsut starting out her own business after working for other florists for a few years, so I dont think she charges too much yet as she is trying to build up a good rep at the moment. She has a website as well as a page on Facebook.
Hope this helps, and you can find someone a bit cheaper!!! :D

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm

LesLeigh wrote:
Hey,
Im not sure of exact prices, but try Passion Floral Design... Im getting mine from her (and yes it is because she is family), but she is jsut starting out her own business after working for other florists for a few years, so I dont think she charges too much yet as she is trying to build up a good rep at the moment. She has a website as well as a page on Facebook.
Hope this helps, and you can find someone a bit cheaper!!! :D

Thanks LesLeigh! :D I'll definitely check her out.

brisbride

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:14 pm

LesLeigh wrote:
brisbride wrote:
Hi All

I am newly engaged and new to this forum.

I am planning on having my wedding in Brisbane (preferably in the inner city). I have been looking at venues but nothing really grabs me. Has anyone been to a wedding at the XXXX Brewery or heard a review about it?

I am open to any suggestions on reasonable priced venues around Brisbane. I'm not 100% sure of my budget yet but certainly wouldn't want to spend more than $130 per head.

Hi brisbride,
FH and I are getting married inner city in May. Do you have any idea of what you are looking for? We looked at a lot of places so I may be able to help :D
Welcome and good luck with the planning!

Hi LesLeigh
I must admit I am a bit indecisive. I have booked in to view Hilltone and Victoria Park this weekend. If you have looked at these I would love to hear your feedback.
Thanks

LesLeigh

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:25 pm

brisbride wrote:

Hi LesLeigh
I must admit I am a bit indecisive. I have booked in to view Hilltone and Victoria Park this weekend. If you have looked at these I would love to hear your feedback.
Thanks

FH and I were quite indecisive too, didn't really know what we wanted, just knew what we didn't want!
My brother was married at hillstone last year. As far as I am aware they loved it! It was a beautiful venue and I know they got a good price as they had a lunch time Sunday wedding. Only thing that wasn't so great was the upstairs setting for meals and then having to go downstairs for dancing etc. There isn't really much seating downstairs so most people completely ignored the dance floor and just went outside. If your not bothered if people dance then it would be fine.
I haven't been to any functions at Victoria Park but have been there for other things, and it is definitely beautiful! It was on our list to look at but was just a bit too expensive for us. I am sure there are other ladies on here who have been there tough so maybe one of them can tell you about it?
How many guests are you looking at having? That might help to guide your options.

brisbride

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm

LesLeigh wrote:
brisbride wrote:

Hi LesLeigh
Thanks

FH and I were quite indecisive too, didn't really know what we wanted, just knew what we didn't want!
My brother was married at hillstone last year. As far as I am aware they loved it! It was a beautiful venue and I know they got a good price as they had a lunch time Sunday wedding. Only thing that wasn't so great was the upstairs setting for meals and then having to go downstairs for dancing etc. There isn't really much seating downstairs so most people completely ignored the dance floor and just went outside. If your not bothered if people dance then it would be fine.
I haven't been to any functions at Victoria Park but have been there for other things, and it is definitely beautiful! It was on our list to look at but was just a bit too expensive for us. I am sure there are other ladies on here who have been there tough so maybe one of them can tell you about it?
How many guests are you looking at having? That might help to guide your options.

Looking at about 70-80 guests

beccajayne

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi everyone I am new here and looks like I can start doing things.
We are going to look at Mt Ommaney apartments tomorrow and hopefully it will look as good if not better than the pics. If so I have made a tentative booking for 5th November 2011.
Mt Ommaney is cheaper than other places and I loved how they have a package where I don't have to worry about much.

I am excited at the moment because once we get the venue booked I can start with everything else. I haven't done anything yet except scouring the internet for venues etc, as I wanted to have a date set before I started anything.

So since I can't share this with the world right now I just had to come share it here.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:29 am

kenzorose wrote:
Hi All,

I got mine from Reject Shop, they were $3 a vase - good luck

Cyn84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Beccajayne we had our wedding at Mt Ommaney 3 weeks ago an we have not one complaint with them, Emma is simply amazing.
All our guests are continually raving about how awesome everything was and the food was to die for.
As you can tell we are very happy with the venue lol. The only thing we left the hotel for was photos and had them at Rocks Riverside Park only a few mins away and our photo's from there are great as there is such variety.

beccajayne

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:45 pm

That is so good to hear Cyn84 and Congrats on the wedding

We loved the place, it looks so much better in person than in the pics. We spoke to Jon and he was lovely, even though he was busy he still took the time to speak to us.
Gosh I can't wait now!
Just have to wait for my df to tell his family before I blab all over facebook about it. I don't think his family would be too happy to hear about the wedding on facebook, so I will hold out for now!

Cyn84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Glad you were happy, we had contact with Jon on a few things and he was great aswell so you'll be in good hands.

In the next few days i'll be putting up some of our professional photo's that show inside the room (we used the somerset room - downstairs) we ended up having our own centrepieces but they set them up for us exactly the way we asked.

You won't be dissapointed.

jellybean321

Formal Kids and Bridal??

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi, I've been lurking for a long time as most of the questions I have had seem to be answered elsewhere in the forums but I've seen nothing about this one!

Has anyone ever bought from Formal Kids and Bridal? They have stores at Kallangur and Capalaba and stock Wendy-Ann dresses for formals. Does anyone have any experience with them? http://www.formalwarehouse.com.au/. Their dresses seem reasonably priced but I'm not sure on the quality... any help?

cath24

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:26 pm

Has anyone ever bought from Formal Kids and Bridal? They have stores at Kallangur and Capalaba and stock Wendy-Ann dresses for formals. Does anyone have any experience with them? http://www.formalwarehouse.com.au/. Their dresses seem reasonably priced but I'm not sure on the quality... any help?

We got our bridesmaid Dresses from here, we are going to pick them up tomorrow so will let you knwo what we think. I do however think you could order the same thing from an on line store and save soem $$$$$$

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:39 pm

I got married at Hillstones and LOVED IT.

I chose it because of the split level and because I had a night time wedding, everyone was keen to get up and dance. But I can see that that may have been awkward for LesLeigh's brother's day time wedding.

And for flowers, I recommend Kate Dawes
http://katedawesflowerdesign.com.au/

I got 1 bridal, 4 bridesmaids, 9 button holes, 10 table settings and bridal table setting for $985 including delivery. Kate is fantastic.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.36