A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

PommieBear

Re: Brisbane - Part 4

Tue May 22, 2012 2:35 pm

I do until I think about money! Just looked at Eaton Hills which is $135pp inc drinks package,canape & 3 course alternate drop. Happy days. Then I read the reviews on Google & all bar one were awful! They were recent reviews too. :(

PommieBear

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 am

Sidonie - sending lots of well wishes your way for an amazing day tomorrow xx

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:27 am

beclee wrote:
Thanks very much GN for your suggestion - your flowers looked stunning!(as well as the rest of your wedding) I had a look at your other recs and discovered that it looks like we both have great tastes - my reception has been booked at Bretts wharf also :) did you have your recpetion in the private dining room area?

That's great to hear beclee. Yes, our reception was in the private dining room, it was the best option $$$ wise as we had limited guests (30 all up) it was very personal and intermit and DH and I agreed that we'd rather have a casual reception without all the fancy stuff like a DJ, dance floor, garter toss ect ect. We had it set up boardroom style and we had plenty of table space and it was very easy to move around the room too. Could not fault the staff at all, they were amazing during the booking/planning process and also on the night :mrgreen:
I've given them a great wrap in the recommendation section of the forum if you want to go have a look see http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=120434

beclee

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi GN thanks so much for your post!! I'm with you on that, the staff at Brett's wharf have been great :)

I was just looking at your recommendations and S & T and it's quite eerie how similiar our weddings are! I'm with you on the casual reception, we are only having 30 people also and didn't want a big fuss reception either. We originally were just going to the registry to get married as we're not big fuss people but we decided against it :)

I was also glad to see that your stay at riverview hotel was great as well as we are staying there also!

Can I ask what your rainy weather option was? I'm a little confused as to whether to ask brett's wharf if they have an option for the ceremony or maybe the hotel just in case?

Thanks for all your help :)

Bec

P.S Your wedding looked amazing and you looked totally stunning! You both look incredibly happy :)

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Awwww thanks :oops:

We didn't really have a wet weather plan, we were going to source as many umbrellas as possible and squash everyone into the rotunda at the park. We asked river view, they had a room but it was way out of budget. Brett's have their other reception room which would be big enough to have a ceremony in, but again at additional cost. What month are you getting married??? We were lucky to have a clear and sunny day with warm temps. Perfect Brisbane weather.

Longtimecoming

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi Brissy brides

The car we had lined up for my wedding car has just fallen through so was wondering if anyone knows someone who has one available fairly cheap. Our wedding is on Friday 26 October and would prefer an old Holden (Premier/Monaro/Torana) or even a really nice Commodore.

We were using a friends HT Premier with him driving it but he now has to work and cant get out of it :( We weren't actually paying him so didn't have the car worked into the budget so I am needing something pretty cheap if anyone can help.

TIA

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:44 am

Longtimecoming wrote:
Hi Brissy brides

The car we had lined up for my wedding car has just fallen through so was wondering if anyone knows someone who has one available fairly cheap. Our wedding is on Friday 26 October and would prefer an old Holden (Premier/Monaro/Torana) or even a really nice Commodore.

We were using a friends HT Premier with him driving it but he now has to work and cant get out of it :( We weren't actually paying him so didn't have the car worked into the budget so I am needing something pretty cheap if anyone can help.

TIA

sorry to hear that :(

If your on a budget why not contact one of the local brisbane based car clubs? You should be able to email the secretary directly and let them know what you are looking for, the date and time you need the car and how much your willing to pay. They should be able to pass that onto their members and you may just end up with a great car with a small fee :D
Here's a list of classic car clubs located in Brisbane:

http://www.classiccargurus.com.au/class ... bstate=QLD

Hope this helps, and good luck

Longtimecoming

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks heaps GingerNinja Will contact them tomorrow :)

katie16

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post here, so I am not sure if this is the right thread. Has anyone been to a wedding or had any experience with Eves on the River at Teneriffe? I am looking at it as a possible venue for next May. The location and everything looks great, but I am a bit worried about the noise restrictions (85DB - not sure what that means really).
Any real life feedback would be great!
Thanks! :D

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:00 am

katie16 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post here, so I am not sure if this is the right thread. Has anyone been to a wedding or had any experience with Eves on the River at Teneriffe? I am looking at it as a possible venue for next May. The location and everything looks great, but I am a bit worried about the noise restrictions (85DB - not sure what that means really).

HI Katie16 - welcome :D

Sadly I haven't been, but I did briefly look at it when we were looking at venues as it's right on the river... just the wrong end of town for us :lol:
From what I can see on the website it looks lovely, nice glassy reception room with plenty of perks. Were you thinking about having your ceremony there as well as your reception?
I'm not sure about the noise restrictions either, but i just found this off the web "A rock concert or a disco can get up to 110 decibels (sound power doubles every 3 decibels - so 110 decibels is over 200 times the safe level!)" -- Reference : http://www.abc.net.au/health/thepulse/stories/2005/09/01/1449151.htm#.UEElQO3rY5Q

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Ladies,

Just introducing myself, as I am another Brisbane bride. I haven't chosen a reception venue yet, and we had a ceremony site (Sherwood Uniting Church) until we realised that our Jan date and guest list didn't really fit in with the church. So back to square one and hoping to get some inspiration from here!

katie16

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks ladies. I just wish I could actually go and hear a band play there to help make the decision. The other concern is last drinks at 11pm, out by 11:30pm. I feel like the evening will go so quickly!

Planning hasn't really gone very far, looking at May 18th next year. Reading this forum I think I have started to realise how unorganised I actually am. Hopefully once we book a venue things will start rolling.

Does anyone have any other restaurant style reception venue ideas that would fit approx 80 people in Brisbane?

KiteKatKJ

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 am

katie16 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have been to a wedding there they do a really good job. The noise level wasn't noticeably low but it was a sensible wedding, not a rave :)

katie16

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:38 am

KiteKatKJ wrote:
I have been to a wedding there they do a really good job. The noise level wasn't noticeably low but it was a sensible wedding, not a rave :)

Thanks for the feedback! Did they have a live band do you remember? Or just an iPod?

KiteKatKJ

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey Katie,

I've seen a DJ and also people use an ipod.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:40 pm

miss_summer wrote:
Hi Ladies,

Just introducing myself, as I am another Brisbane bride. I haven't chosen a reception venue yet, and we had a ceremony site (Sherwood Uniting Church) until we realised that our Jan date and guest list didn't really fit in with the church. So back to square one and hoping to get some inspiration from here!

Welcome Miss Summer - how big is your guest list? Do you have any other ideas in mind, garden, beach perhaps? Or are you happy to go down the church aisle?

katie16 wrote:
Thanks ladies. I just wish I could actually go and hear a band play there to help make the decision. The other concern is last drinks at 11pm, out by 11:30pm. I feel like the evening will go so quickly!

Planning hasn't really gone very far, looking at May 18th next year. Reading this forum I think I have started to realise how unorganised I actually am. Hopefully once we book a venue things will start rolling.

Does anyone have any other restaurant style reception venue ideas that would fit approx 80 people in Brisbane?

How about Mirra? http://www.mirra.net.au/Wedding.aspx
or
Gusto da Gianni's http://www.gustodagianni.com/functions.php

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:11 pm

GingerNinja wrote:
miss_summer wrote:
Hi Ladies,

Welcome Miss Summer - how big is your guest list? Do you have any other ideas in mind, garden, beach perhaps? Or are you happy to go down the church aisle?

Hi Ginger Ninja, I am comfortable with the church- and was quiet set on it as it's where my grandparent got married, but it only seats 90 in a pinch and our guest list is sitting at around the 120 mark. That and it's not air-conditioned so lots of people, too small a space, middle of summer in brisbane, it a recipe for someone to pass out (probably me in those HOT wedding dresses- It didn't realised they were so heavy and hot!).

There is a bigger church up the road, which we might end up going with, but I really want to get my reception venue sorted first. My logic is we'll find our reception venue and if we fall in love with somewhere that we can only invite 90 because of the budget, we'll stay in the church we like. But if we find a reception venue that we can have 120 come in budget we'll have to chance ceremony venue!

It's such a stressful part of the wedding- i guess because so much of you budget goes into it. But we have no idea where to start when it comes to receptions!

We would like to spend an absolute MAX of $120 ish per head (thats for about 100 pax). Any suggestions welcomed. Oh and FH is again a cocktail style reception!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:29 am

Cool, that narrows it down. Which side of town are you looking at? Do you want to be close to the water? or a garden style? Indoor/outdoor?

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:00 am

We'd like to stay West or Central and I would love something indoors just because it is the wet season, so I would rather not have to check the weather forecast every hour in the week leading up to the big day, nervous!

I am no too fussed about water- FH is a rower, so something need the river might be nice. We'd love some where that can arrange some sort of entertainment for our guests while we're off getting photos (we were thinking bare foot bowls or mini golf) because they are all from out of town, so don't have homes here to hang out in before the wedding!

Any ideas are sooooo appreciated!

miss_summer
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Slinky! Thanks for that link- it might just be a perfect venue! Definitely on the list to have a look at it!

We haven't ruled out the Brisbane Golf club completely, but FH wasn't to excited about when we had a look. He thinks its a bit too stiff and formal for his liking. So we're trying to find something better. If we can't we'll go back, but a this stage we're hoping we find something we both like!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39