Re: Brisbane - Part 4

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:00 pm

who is jumping ship?

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 am

Yeah I'd like to see if anyone is jumping ship also, I have an account with EW so might jump between the 2 for now, I don't want to lose contact with the Brisbane girls though, my new user name in EW is TinkyPink.

71TSS
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi ladies,

I know a lot of you are jumping ship, but recently was in Bris for business, and did some wedding shopping with my MUM while I was there- and wanted to share my experiences:

Ferrari Formal Mt Gravatt: Will never enter the store again. The sales person was illpresented, appeared dirty, and was little help. The dresses were in bad condition, needed repairs and were very overpriced for what they were.

Bridal Emporium Underwood: Lots to choose from, spacious, but very one styled. The staff were a little too friendly, really not letting me have a good look around.

Anita's Fashion Upper Mt Gravatt : Brilliant! An absolute plethera of styles and sizes to choose from, happy to negotiate prices on volume purchases, were not intrusive at all, and were very very helpful. I ended up choosing a Mori Lee dress from this shop, well more expensive than I wanted to spend, but the staff could see that I really fell in love and offered a generous discount on my 3 qty purchase. I couldn't recommend them more!

Hope that helps with some shopping for some people...

Cheers,
Bonnie

Claire22

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Hello! I'm new to this forum, and QLD! I was surfing the net for places to have our wedding reception in Brisbane, having only just moved here from country Victoria I was completely overwhelmed!! I don't know where to start looking!! I want to have a traditional, elegant wedding, doing the ceremony at a church then somewhere nice, maybe city? However, the biggest challenge will be the budget, we won't have a big one, be lucky if we get about $10k together. (I'm a nursing student, 1st year) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?? Just to get me started ? The next option would be that we had a very very small do, parents, grandparents & siblings only, then held a party back home in Vic with "everyone" as such. But I'm not so keen on that idea. OR we could elope :) Buut that idea isn't so great either, would be nice, but not so special family wise. We were set to get married 20 Nov 2010, but I just discovered I will have end of year exams that weekend (YES! they make us sit exams on WEEKENDS), so perhaps not a good time to plan a wedding. A little help anyone?? :)

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:16 pm

I am having my engagement party at Sassafras in Paddington.
I went there last Satrurday to have a look at the set up of another party and it was just stunning!
It was actually a wedding!
The back yard is gorgous with pretty fairy lights and a lovely atmosphere.
you can have a cocktail event for $28 per head or a BBQ dinner for $33 per head.
It is BYO alcohol so you can save heaps that way.
I highly Reccomend if you are looking for something a little cheaper that is still really lovely.

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:38 pm

71TSS wrote:
Hi ladies,

I know a lot of you are jumping ship, but recently was in Bris for business, and did some wedding shopping with my MUM while I was there- and wanted to share my experiences:

Ferrari Formal Mt Gravatt: Will never enter the store again. The sales person was illpresented, appeared dirty, and was little help. The dresses were in bad condition, needed repairs and were very overpriced for what they were.

Bridal Emporium Underwood: Lots to choose from, spacious, but very one styled. The staff were a little too friendly, really not letting me have a good look around.

Anita's Fashion Upper Mt Gravatt : Brilliant! An absolute plethera of styles and sizes to choose from, happy to negotiate prices on volume purchases, were not intrusive at all, and were very very helpful. I ended up choosing a Mori Lee dress from this shop, well more expensive than I wanted to spend, but the staff could see that I really fell in love and offered a generous discount on my 3 qty purchase. I couldn't recommend them more!

Hope that helps with some shopping for some people...

I have heard Anita's fashion is a good shop for buying wedding gowns

Cheers,
Bonnie

MrsKo2b

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:08 am

I'm still around.... just waiting for my pro shots.

Thena85
I survived and got married

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi girls! I'm new to this whole forum thing... I am aiming for my wedding to be in April/May next year but so far I havent booked a thing! I'm stressing out!! I need to find a cheap reception venue - pref all inclusive with centrepieces, chair sashes etc - in north Brissy. Having approx 60 guests n wanting a buffet style dinner.

Any suggestions???

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi Claire22 and welcome. I love your date its the same as ours but we are 2011 so its 20/11/2011 :lol: , the city is fairly $$$ if you only have a 10k budget, but then again it depends on the number of guests, we are having atleast 100 and have a min budget of 13K for the reception alone. If you had a smaller group you could go to a number of restuarnts (sorry sp is bad atm) and for ceremonies you are looking around the $700-$900 mark for something CBD.

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:44 pm

MrsKo2b wrote:
I'm still around.... just waiting for my pro shots.

cant wait to see them

poodle

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Thena85 wrote:
Hi girls! I'm new to this whole forum thing... I am aiming for my wedding to be in April/May next year but so far I havent booked a thing! I'm stressing out!! I need to find a cheap reception venue - pref all inclusive with centrepieces, chair sashes etc - in north Brissy. Having approx 60 guests n wanting a buffet style dinner.

Any suggestions???

We are having our reception at Keperra Golf Course, it seems to be cheaper than alot of the places in the city and also includes everything you want, you can pretty much tailor your menu too. Their function room has a balcony that over looks the golf course and their function manager Jerome was really good to deal with. Here's the site http://www.keperragolf.com.au/

surfergrrlkasia

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Hello all you beautiful brides-to-be!

Although I'm not getting married in Brisbane I am moving there in the next couple of months and will be planning my wedding (planned for April 2010 at Emu Park, CQ Coast) from afar.

In the meantime I would really love to find an awesome hairdresser and beautician in the Cleveland/Capalaba area where I will probably be based. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks and good luck with your planning :D

XX

vickii

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:08 am

Hi there,
I'm new to this thread, so thought I would introduce myself... although I see some have gone to EW. I'm on there also.
We're getting married 14 August 2010. We've started booking some things... so far we have:
Ceremony - St Stephens Cathedral
Reception - Victoria Park Ballroom
Stationery - Alannah Rose
That's all we've booked so far. I'm looking at photographers next - any recommendations? We want someone who does fantastic 'candid' shots, rather than posed photographs.
Ok, I look forward to hearing from and sharing with you all.

mel_84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi girls,
I thought I'd jump in here too!! Everyone on here seems so much more organised than me, so far we've only booked the wedding and reception.. but I guess that's a start!!

poodle wrote:
Thena85 wrote:

Any suggestions???

We are having our reception at Keperra Golf Course, it seems to be cheaper than alot of the places in the city and also includes everything you want, you can pretty much tailor your menu too. Their function room has a balcony that over looks the golf course and their function manager Jerome was really good to deal with. Here's the site http://www.keperragolf.com.au/

Keperra gold course was one of our options also, because of the price! We ended up picking a winery for $57pp . We can use the centrepieces if we want, and we don't need chair sashes/ covers as they have lovely chairs anyway :lol: That's for plated meals tho, and I'm not sure if they do a buffet style dinner.

mel_84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm

or even http://www.wantimacountryclub.com.au/ near eatons hill

vickii

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Has anyone used 'Victoria's Cakes' in Brisbane? I came across their website and they look nice, but was after some feedback if anyone has any? :?:

Thena85

Sat May 02, 2009 8:13 pm

mel_84 wrote:

Keperra gold course was one of our options also, because of the price! We ended up picking a winery for $57pp . We can use the centrepieces if we want, and we don't need chair sashes/ covers as they have lovely chairs anyway :lol: That's for plated meals tho, and I'm not sure if they do a buffet style dinner.

Hi Mel, what winery are u having it at? :heart:

mel_84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Ocean View Estates... http://www.oceanviewestates.com.au/

It's past dayboro on the way to mt mee. I :heart: it

That price doesn't include drinks tho, we're running the bar on consumption.

whint
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Been a while since I dropped my head in here... thought I should say hi!

Hi 8)

In regards to good beauticians in the Cleveland/Capalaba area... I have been to a couple of places over that way and found them to be lovely... one was in the capalaba park shopping centre... can't remember the name but it was just down from the food court near K-mart (kinda) the other was in Cleveland on Queen Street... I think it might be called ella bache but I could be wrong... it was just near an op shop of some kind just off the roundabout.

Things are going well here... plans are going slowly atm because I have been so busy with work but its getting there... only 4 months now... time is flying by!

kimberlina81

Fri May 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi all,

I live in Townsville but we are now getting a new dress for my sister (maid of honour and only bm) who lives in Brisbane. Does anyone know/recommend any good dressmakers down in Brisbane?

Thanks!!
:D :D

Kim
GZIP: On | Load: 0.36