A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sarahtegan

Re: Brisbane - Part 4

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi bryaneunice - what painful in-laws. :( It really doesn't make sense does it? If you are going to get married eventually, why not now? I really feel for you. :heart:

Hi Ginger! Getting married/reception at Vic Park. :D The dress should be here tomorrow, so uber excited for it to arrive! I have bought a few things online that should arrive this week - very hard to go to work when I want to stay home and wait for them to come! How very sad! 8O How are your plans going? I haven't noticed where your reception is, but do they have wet weather options if you need? (Off to go see where...!)

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:24 pm

sarahtegan wrote:
Hi bryaneunice - what painful in-laws. :( It really doesn't make sense does it? If you are going to get married eventually, why not now? I really feel for you. :heart:

That's what I thought too. It's not like we're using any of their money for our wedding expenses. FH and I will bear the full cost of the wedding.. and yet they still have so much to say.

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:26 pm

sarahtegan wrote:
The dress should be here tomorrow, so uber excited for it to arrive! I have bought a few things online that should arrive this week - very hard to go to work when I want to stay home and wait for them to come! How very sad!

You're getting your dress tomorrow! Where did you order it from?? Please post some photos of it when it arrives :mrgreen:

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 am

bryaneunice wrote:
sarahtegan wrote:
The dress should be here tomorrow, so uber excited for it to arrive! I have bought a few things online that should arrive this week - very hard to go to work when I want to stay home and wait for them to come! How very sad!

You're getting your dress tomorrow! Where did you order it from?? Please post some photos of it when it arrives :mrgreen:

oh oh ditto ditto! Excitment plus. Piccys Piccys Piccys!

Reception is at Brett's wharf. They do have a seperate function room that we might be able to use if it isn't already booked out. I'm also going to contact the hotel we are staying at as they have a few function rooms we might be able to have for just the hour the ceremony is going to be.

Vic park is lovely, my younger sister used to work there and had a bit to do with wedding set up... she said it always looked amazing.

sarahtegan

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:30 pm

The dress is here! Yay! It arrived at 6pm - just when I thought I had missed it! :D It was from Best Bridal Prices in the US - Maggie Sottero Rachael. Sorry I don't have any pics to post at the mo, but it is divine. :wink: And massive!

You know Ginger I have lived in Brissy for nearly 10 years and only went to Brett's Wharf recently! :| It was lovely - you will have a lovely reception on the river there. So pretty.

Vic Park was the first place we looked, very close to home and the Garden Marquee was intimate enough for our wedding. The staff have been SO lovely to deal with, and makes the whole experience so much better. We are using an external stylist, can't wait for it all to come together!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:44 am

sarahtegan wrote:
The dress is here! Yay! It arrived at 6pm - just when I thought I had missed it! :D It was from Best Bridal Prices in the US - Maggie Sottero Rachael. Sorry I don't have any pics to post at the mo, but it is divine. :wink: And massive!

Yay! I'm so happy for you!! How much did it cost?

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:56 am

ohhhh yay yay yay, I'm off to google what your maggie looks like now.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:04 am

is this it?

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:16 pm

sarahtegan wrote:

Yaay!! :D I almost ordered from them too, but randomly found my dress cheaper on Ebay. Can't wait to see pics!!

Kithera

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Okay.. so spent 5 hours today addressing and putting together 56 invites. I think I've now tasted more envelop glue then is actually good for me. Now to post them and wait anxiously for replies!

Also had a kind of run in with the bridal store I'm getting my BM dresses through. Rang up to enquire where they were (just to get an idea) and was told that it was a three month wait. Patiently explained to the lady it was over three months now. She told me it wasn't. I told her that March to the end of July IS over three months. Took two more attempts until she worked out that there is at least three months in that timeline. She told me I needed to be patient and that my wedding was ages away (Sept.). I told her I knew that, but that I'd also like to know where the dresses where and if still in transit I was okay with that). She basically acted like I was a spoilt child (patronising and condescending tone of voice). It sucked because the initial service was so good. I wasn't angry, I wasn't even unhappy (until I got off the phone), it was just a good natured enquiry.

Wow, okay that was a rant... Sorry. Also does anyone know a good seamstress so that I can organise getting my dress altered (and my BM's dresses too when they come in).

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Kithera wrote:
Also had a kind of run in with the bridal store I'm getting my BM dresses through. Rang up to enquire where they were (just to get an idea) and was told that it was a three month wait. Patiently explained to the lady it was over three months now. She told me it wasn't. I told her that March to the end of July IS over three months. Took two more attempts until she worked out that there is at least three months in that timeline. She told me I needed to be patient and that my wedding was ages away (Sept.). I told her I knew that, but that I'd also like to know where the dresses where and if still in transit I was okay with that). She basically acted like I was a spoilt child (patronising and condescending tone of voice). It sucked because the initial service was so good. I wasn't angry, I wasn't even unhappy (until I got off the phone), it was just a good natured enquiry.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I haven't got any idea on a good seamstress around, will let you know if I do find someone.

Becra83
♪ Everlong ♫
♪ Everlong ♫

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Last edited by Becra83 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 am

Kithera wrote:
Okay.. so spent 5 hours today addressing and putting together 56 invites. I think I've now tasted more envelop glue then is actually good for me. Now to post them and wait anxiously for replies!

Wow, okay that was a rant... Sorry. Also does anyone know a good seamstress so that I can organise getting my dress altered (and my BM's dresses too when they come in).

that sucks! customer service just doens't exist anymore :roll:

sarahtegan

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi everyone again!

Ginger I couldn't see the picture you posted, but this is it: (It ended up costing 1900 AUD (including pricey postage) from Best Bridal Prices - still 1000 cheaper than Casar.
When I tried it on, I knew it was the one before the girl did it up!

Here is a quick photo, the train is hanging on the floor... :oops:

rachael.jpg

I also bought some shoes today - from Myer - half the price of Suna. 8O

AlanPinkus.jpg

I might need to start a S&T! Fingers crossed veil arrives tomorrow.

How is everyone else going? :heart:

belle79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:49 pm

sarahtegan wrote:
Hi everyone again!

Ginger I couldn't see the picture you posted, but this is it: (It ended up costing 1900 AUD (including pricey postage) from Best Bridal Prices - still 1000 cheaper than Casar.
When I tried it on, I knew it was the one before the girl did it up!

Here is a quick photo, the train is hanging on the floor... :oops:

rachael.jpg

WOW! Your dress is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! :heart: it!!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Sarah, what a nice dress you've got! :heart: Is that a cathedral length train? :mrgreen:

sarahtegan

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks for your comments! Very exciting.

Bryaneunice - um, don't know?! :oops: My guess is yes.

:heart:

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:13 am

OMG it's stunning! 8O 8O 8O so happy to hear your in love with it :mrgreen: :heart:

definatly start a S&T we would all love to see how your plannign is going

my best friend picks up my dress today!!!!!!!! So fingers crossed I will have a pic of me in it in the next day or two

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:39 am

GingerNinja wrote:
my best friend picks up my dress today!!!!!!!! So fingers crossed I will have a pic of me in it in the next day or two

Can't wait to see! :bdance:

CarlyLovesJake

Kooroomba

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi there , has anyone had a wedding at Kooroomba vineyard and lavender farm??? wat did u think ? i really like the look of it on the internet haven't been in person yet.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07