A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Re: Brisbane - Part 4

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi everyone,
Is anyone getting their dress steamed before the wedding? I'm looking for some recommendations. I don't think hanging it up in the bathroom and letting the shower steam do the trick will work (the train is really long). Thanks!

kenzorose

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:38 am

Hi Queensland Brides, just wondering if anyone is going to the Ideal Bride Expo on 10 - 12 Sep 2010 at the RNA showgrounds? I have a freebie ticket from the magazine and was going to go by myself but FH thought that was really sad and wanted to accompany me now. The ticket price is $12 at the door so I was wondering if it's worth going? Has anyone been before?

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:21 pm

I've been to one there, it's not too bad, if your looking for celebrants and stuff like that it's good as you get to met with them then and there.

darwinchic
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi Brisbane Brides!
I'm a Darwin bride coming down to Brisbane to look for a wedding dress next week! My friend who lives in Brisbane has booked us in to see these wedding dress shops so far....

* white lily in milton
* wendy makin
* Caesars (the queen st mall I think?)
* bertossi brides paddington

I was also thinking brides of brisbane and the bridal centre. What are you other recommendations and experiences with any of these if you dont mind me asking.
Was also hoping to go to a good stationary place to find paper for the invites, silk flower reccomendation and if possible a cake decorating place.....

Any help would be great!!!
Thanks!!

kenzorose

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Darwinchic,

I highly recommend going to Anita's Fashion http://www.anitasfashion.com.au/ at Upper Mt Gravatt which is close to Westfield Garden City in Brisbane. Anita is very friendly and they have a wide range of beautiful wedding dresses which are reasonably priced. I found my dream dress there! :D

Kithera

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:12 pm

For stationary try Ekersley http://www.eckersleys.com.au/Brisbane--Sunshine-Coast-45.aspx at Milton and I've also heard that the Toowong Stationary shop has nice materials for invites too.

Two weeks until I get married. Had a bit of a tantrum at FH today to which he responded, "I'll do whatever I can to make you happy, because I love you and that's all the matters." Awww, what a sweetpea :heart:

kenzorose

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Your FH is so sweet Kithera! All the best for your wedding! :D

darwinchic
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks for the dress tip kenzorose and stationary tip kithera (and good luck for your wedding - so soon!!)

belle79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:40 am

chellebelle wrote:
Hi everyone,
Is anyone getting their dress steamed before the wedding? I'm looking for some recommendations. I don't think hanging it up in the bathroom and letting the shower steam do the trick will work (the train is really long). Thanks!

I've heard that Leon's (the drycleaning mob who specialize in dry cleaning wedding dresses etc) steam wedding dresses - not sure exactly where they are though.

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:56 pm

darwinchic wrote:
Hi Brisbane Brides!
I'm a Darwin bride coming down to Brisbane to look for a wedding dress next week! My friend who lives in Brisbane has booked us in to see these wedding dress shops so far....

* white lily in milton
* wendy makin
* Caesars (the queen st mall I think?)
* bertossi brides paddington

I was also thinking brides of brisbane and the bridal centre. What are you other recommendations and experiences with any of these if you dont mind me asking.
Was also hoping to go to a good stationary place to find paper for the invites, silk flower reccomendation and if possible a cake decorating place.....

Any help would be great!!!
Thanks!!

I liked Casar on the mall and Brides of Brisbane. :) I would stay clear of Winnie Bridal; they are not too friendly and very overpriced.

darwinchic
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:06 pm

THanks for all your suggestions girls!
I get on the plane at lunch time today yay!!

pinklace

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi Ladies!

I am getting married in early 2012 and I was wondering if anyone has used Sunset Blue at Scarborough as their wedding reception location and if so what did you think? Thanks

Leonie_Nathan

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi everyone!

Also new to this site! finding it to be a great help! Getting married in early 2011 at Reids Place Scarborough.

Pinklace - Myself and my partner were looking into Sunset blue and it looks great! I have had a friend who has had a wedding here and said they couldnt fault it as long as you talk through all cost before hand.

The price ended up getting us a little for what we were after and is the only reason we arnt having a reception there, but have heard nothing but good things from people who have!

Hope this helps!

lula

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

pinklace wrote:
Hi Ladies!

I am getting married in early 2012 and I was wondering if anyone has used Sunset Blue at Scarborough as their wedding reception location and if so what did you think? Thanks

i know people who went to a reception there and said it was lovely....

Kithera

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, the wedding is over and done - just need to return the suits. Posted my recs and unfortunately some anti-recs too in the Share your Experience forum.

Thanks girls for all your support, it's been awesome :)

Kit

NonaGirl

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:48 pm

HI All,

We are getting married at Springlake Hotel Function Centre in 2012, located in Springfield. I am just wondering if anyone has attended a wedding or function out here. IN parcticular I am after comments on the food and service. I am pretty happy with my decision but it's always nice to be reassured.

Cheers!

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Wow, I'm so excited to see more 2012 Brisbane brides in here :mrgreen: Welcome! Join us in the 2012 thread too, we definitely need more people in there :wink:

MalinViktoria wrote:
I would stay clear of Winnie Bridal; they are not too friendly and very overpriced.

I know what you mean! FH and I went in there randomly while we were shopping one Sunday because they were the only ones open. We got a shock to see that some gowns cost like $6000? 8O

halz_2

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:16 pm

NonaGirl wrote:
HI All,

We are getting married at Springlake Hotel Function Centre in 2012, located in Springfield. I am just wondering if anyone has attended a wedding or function out here. IN parcticular I am after comments on the food and service. I am pretty happy with my decision but it's always nice to be reassured.

Cheers!

We had our Engagement party there, wouldn't say the lead up service from the function co-ordinator was overly impressive - felt like our function was just another one on the list and didn't get any attention, however in saying this the actual function room set up, function staff, food and service were fantastic on the night. Not too sure if the same co-ordinator is still there.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:17 pm

bryaneunice wrote:
Wow, I'm so excited to see more 2012 Brisbane brides in here :mrgreen: Welcome! Join us in the 2012 thread too, we definitely need more people in there :wink:

MalinViktoria wrote:
I would stay clear of Winnie Bridal; they are not too friendly and very overpriced.

I know what you mean! FH and I went in there randomly while we were shopping one Sunday because they were the only ones open. We got a shock to see that some gowns cost like $6000? 8O

agree, they were not the the most helpful people

Lozzie
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥
♥ Hopeless Romantic ♥

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Last edited by Lozzie on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22