A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Re: Brisbane - Part 4

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:18 pm

hi KatieB and thanks :D

I think the cermony would be on the River somwhere, when I spoke to the people at the Regatta and they said they have a area on the River where they can conduct the cermony, so I thought that would be lovely as FH has a thing for his boat and the water :roll:

starlite

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi everyone.. well I haven't posted on here since I got engaged last yr but with the wedding in September I've been looking for advice more and more lately and where better to get it from then here! I think I am doing ok with most things,.. the thing I am starting to get stressed about is that I haven't booked hair and makeup yet :S Does anyone know any reasonably priced MUA and hairstylist out there that you could recommend?
On the bright side we brought wedding bands today!! So excited! :D

Secret Love
Formally known as Monica23
Formally known as Monica23

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:37 pm

starlite wrote:
Hi everyone.. well I haven't posted on here since I got engaged last yr but with the wedding in September I've been looking for advice more and more lately and where better to get it from then here! I think I am doing ok with most things,.. the thing I am starting to get stressed about is that I haven't booked hair and makeup yet :S Does anyone know any reasonably priced MUA and hairstylist out there that you could recommend?
On the bright side we brought wedding bands today!! So excited! :D

We are going with Brush and Blush http://www.brushandblush.com.au

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:27 pm

hi, I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about my dress :cry: Does anyone know any bridal shops in Bris that do nice off the rack dresses?

alreadymarried

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:39 am

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for some help, I am MOH for my sisters wedding in October and was hoping you could point me in the direction of places in brisbane that doing shoe dyeing at a reasonable cost? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MrsKo2b

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:13 pm

taralee06 wrote:
Does anyone know any bridal shops in Bris that do nice off the rack dresses?

I got my dress from wendy makin in east brisbane & it was from off the rack sale section.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:23 pm

taralee06 wrote:
hi, I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about my dress :cry: Does anyone know any bridal shops in Bris that do nice off the rack dresses?

sorry to hear your dress isn't working out :(

Hills In Hollywood have a great selection, not sure about pricing, but their website looks good, I'm off to suss it out next week. Also Sugar and Spice on Gympie Rd, North Side Brisbane does a great job, a few frineds have got their dresses there and they were lovely.

Good Luck

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone been to a wedding at Latrobe Chapel in Paddo??
I am curious what it was like there and how they ran everything?
have read online a few different reviews?

Thanks so much team :mrgreen:

83loz

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi I am new to here and thought i would say a big hello to everyone.

I am getting married in brisbane on 17th April 2010 at olxleys on the river.

jack_0306

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:19 am

hi

i am a Brisbane bride...we weren't sure if we were getting married here or on the gold coast!
but we are having our reception at sassafras!! we went and had a look at it yesty and i love the 'old style' feel to it...plus it is a relaxed atmosphere too! very excited!

we are getting married Sept 4th next year! first it was June but i was stressing about the weather...and then it was april...but thats kinda too soon...we have been together 10 years, and have 2 little ones, so i can't wait to share the same name as them and be his wife!

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:43 am

Hi ladies, I haven't been posting for a while but have been reading.

white_rabbit - I dont know anyone who has been to the chapel but after looking at the pictures, it is very beautiful.

83loz - Hi, Welcome. :D

jack_0306 - Welcome. I have 2 kids too and i'm really looking forward to sharing the same last name as well. I'm getting married september this year and we chose the date because of the weather too, it seems to have the best track record for good weather lol

Katie_B

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:15 pm

83loz wrote:

Loz, welcome. I noticed you were on the APRIL thread too. We are getting married in Brisbane on 17th April at Iona Chapel and therafter our reception is at Victoria Park Garden Marquee.

How are the plans going?

charm17
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi everyone! I'm a bit of a quiet observer usually and I haven't been on here for a while because I've been a bit behind with my plannign and all you organised girlies give me panic attacks but I've been feeling a bit over all the wedding planning and it's so nice to come back and get excited by your enthusiasm again!!! Our wedding is booked for 26th March 2010 and we've got just enough organised for me to start feeling excited...!

Just to follow on from a previous post, we've booked Cake That! for our cake and are just so impressed that I would already recommend Sarah-Jane. She's very professional, her cakes taste great and look even better.

Good luck with your planning everyone!!

charm17
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:43 pm

white_rabbit wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone been to a wedding at Latrobe Chapel in Paddo??
I am curious what it was like there and how they ran everything?
have read online a few different reviews?

Thanks so much team :mrgreen:

Hi White Rabbit, I've been to a wedding at Latrobe a few years ago and it all went beautifully. I have also booked it for our ceremony but I must be honest, I'm WORRIED as I understand that the lady who runs it is a bit eccentric and I've heard (whether true or not - I have no idea and no actual evidence apart from rumours) that she interferes and can cause problems. I plan on having a meeting with her soon to get the workings of the day in writing to make sure nothing weird happens but so far, she has been ok with me. I have also checked our Broadway Chapel at Wooloongabba and they run a very professional business over there - I would have no problems booking them but I personally just prefer the decor at Latrobe. Latrobe Chapel feels smaller inside and has no where for guests to stand apart from the footpath but has beautiful chandelliers and red carpet and is very cute outside. Broadway is roomier, has a choir loft upstairs for extra people to stand, has a little bridal party retreat room and nice bathroom and also has a courtyard for guests to mingle but the decor is a little more fussy and not personally to my taste though I could understand how others may just love it. He that helps you out a bit!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:45 pm

83loz wrote:

We have just booked out wedding also at Oxleys for 8th of May :D looks lovely... what did you think loz?

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:48 pm

white_rabbit... I've been to a naming day there... the churce is lovely, will look great for piccys :)

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:53 pm

charm_17, my girlfriend had her bday cake done by sarah jane at cake that! it was just amazing! If you have facebook, she has a heap of photos on there :D

I'm not sure what to do about the cake, I've always loved the cupcake idea, but now I'm not so sure. I am serving it as dessert, otherwise it just won't get eaten, also knocks $5.50/head off the package price. I don't enjoy fruitcake so it has to be choccy which ever way we go.

What is everyone else having? Cupcakes or Cake? Maybe somthing different?

white_rabbit
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 pm

That is exactly what I heard with Latrobe Chapel and the owner, but only from reading the net and maybe two comments.
I met the lady (Rachel) last week and she was just lovely and very open to our suggestions and ideas for our ceremony. We have booked in Latrobe Chapel for our ceremony and Rachel to be our celebrant - I am so excited.
So now I have
Booked Latrobe Chapel for the ceremony
Booked the Brisbane Powerhouse for the reception
So very excited.

No one on here would happen to know a Mr Whippy Van would they that I can hire for our wedding? There is one in Paddington that everyone hears (it plays Green sleeves crazy loud) but know one has ever seen it! I have tried google t search for Mr Whippy hire in Brisbane and only Melbourne have it :-(
Any help would be greaty appreciated
Funny question I know :mrgreen:

Kithera

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Hello all :D

I'm a new Brissie bride. I've been around WC for the last couple of weeks, but seeing as we've finally booked our venue I've decided to introduce myself on this thread! We've booked at Walk-About-Creek at The Gap, which is really lovely (and the food is divine!). Sort of going the cocktail wedding route as I have a large and somewhat fractious family that needs to have the space to get away from each other :wink:

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello to everyone.

Kithera

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi Kithera :) welcome, what is your date? Have any Colours? Themes? in mind?

Sounds like you have got things on the move White_Rabbit.

I am meant to go put my deposit down on Oxleys this week, I'm just still not 100% sure... I'm just worried that it will turn out badly. But I guess I will feel that way with anywhere we book, so I should just do it and stop stressing about it.

Had a horrible nightmare about trying on my 'dream' wedding dress last night... the lady in the shop had never seen the dress nor heard of it and was steering me towards horrible puffy sleeves :? work up very confused.

I guess the past few sleepless nights with my little boy (teething :roll: ) are starting to show.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35