A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Re: Brisbane - Part 4

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:21 am

soon2bhis wrote:
I've looked into those places but they just don't have the same feel about them.

I started looking into hotel weddings and found that Quay West does really well priced receptions. I'm going to send them an email now to clarify some things but it looks great for the number of people we want and a good location.

Has anyone else been married there? What's the go if you want to have the ceremony there to, it sayd that you can have one but it doesn't go into pricing details or anything?

I'm getting married in Quay West in November. :D So far we've been really impressed by their prices and inclusions. I might be able to answer some of your questions for you if you don't hear from them for a while (not sure how affected they were by the floods, this worries me a little 8O ).

hezzc

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Just wondering if anyone can help me with reviews on an Island hideaway at Stradbroke Island? Has anyone used them or been to one of their weddings as a guest?

LR
Formerly known as lizzyrose
Formerly known as lizzyrose

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:29 pm

If anyone is thinking of having their wedding at UQ, I've just read that they are having an open day (not sure what it involves really - sorry!). Below are the details I have:

Schonell Weddings open day
Are you a bride or perhaps you know a bride looking for some inspiration for your special day? Come along to the Schonell Weddings free open day from 10am–2pm on Sunday, February 6. Register your attendance by emailing lis.hansen@uq.edu.au.
webpage: http://www.schonellevents.com.au/

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Oh, we were considering Schonell! Their location is gorgeous, but unfortunately they don't do functions in the uni holidays, so we couldn't book them for our Nov wedding. :?

tiffanyblue
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 am

Hi to all of the Brissy Girls. I was just wondering if anyone can rec a boudoir photographer in Brisbane. I'm regional but there's not much choice around so thought I might take a trip for it. I would love to get it for DH for our anniversary.

TIA
Tiff.

MsBreeze

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 pm

OMG, I think I found my dress!

Sorry.

Random.

But I'm so EXCITED!

sugarb_91
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 pm

MsBreeze wrote:
OMG, I think I found my dress!

Sorry.

Random.

But I'm so EXCITED!

Awesome!! How exciting :D

Whats it like, where is it from???

In regards to the previous question about an Island Hideaway at Stradbroke Island (sorry, for some reason it wouldnt let me quote your quetsion):
A lady at my work went to a wedding there, and said it was beautiful. She said she really liked it and actually recommended that we look into it for our wedding :D

MsBreeze

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:23 pm

It's from Hilde Heim - kind of a 30s style, draped and with ruffles. Not very "bridal-y" at all. Plus, it's going to be an dusky, oystery pink colour...

I LOVE it!

MsBreeze

Feeling a bit gutted!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:46 am

Wedding planning disaster!

Just went to the Summit for their tasting, and both FH and I were appalled by the food and the service.

Really, really bad food, worse than your average pub - all the appetizer/canapé choices pretty much straight out of the deep fryer! plus we're planning a cocktail wedding, so the nibbles need to be good!

And the wine ranged from average to pretty awful.

This event was meant to showcase the venue!

We've booked, but we can get our full deposit back.

Now we just have to decide - do a further negotiated tasting (they don't normally do them) and see if they can bring it more, or ditch them and try to find another venue - for October!

We like good food and wine, and we're not originally from Brisbane - was Summit a bad choice to begin with? Does it have a bad rep? Any reviews from previous brides?

We both love the view and really hoped the food would be nice - not necessarily spectacular, but nice.

:-(

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Sorry you had such a terrible experience with their food tasting :( I've had a friend who dined at the Summit before (not wedding) but her experience wasn't exactly a pleasant one either.

FH and I love good food and wine too.. and it's a must thing for our wedding. That was how we decided on our reception at Sirromet Winery, it's well known for its amazing food and wine :heart: :heart:

Maybe try researching for other venues? Would suggest you do it soon though, October is a popular month for weddings! Good luck! :D

MissA
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi everyone! I'm another Brissy Bride.

I might put my 'done' and 'to do' list here? And if I've forgotten something, maybe you could let me know? There is alot to organise, and I'm worried I'm going to forget something important.

Ok, my DONE list.
Ceremony: Indooroopilly Golf Club - 4pm
Reception: Indooroopilly Golf Club
Limo: Black 9 stretch limo - VIP limos
Flowers: Love Flowers
Dress: La Sposa
Photographer: Incite photographics
Cake: Cup cake society
Table Favours: Personalised shot glasses
Garter: Crystal - Custom Wedding Garters
Wedding bands: Gilletts Jewellers- We created our own :)
DJ: Supplied by Golf Club
Music: Vici Strings for ceremony and pre-reception drinkies
Celebrant: Nick's cousin

Um...I think this all we've done.

Now for the scary list
Bridesmaid dresses
Book in trial for make-up and hair
Boys suits
Choose music for ceremony and reception
Finish our save the dates
Create invites and send them out
Make our wishing well
Make place cards and type menu
Book a menu tasting and meet with the chef
Meet with cup cake society
Meet with photographer closer to the date
Fill out all required paper work. 'Notice of intent to marry' etc.
Put our table favours together
Finalise the guest list
Seating chart
Reception decor? I have no idea.

This is all I can think of for now. I'm I missing something? It feels like I'm missing something.

tryin2relax

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:31 am

Hi girls!
bryaneunice Sirromont is an awesome place! I was throwing up there or somewhere up at Mt Tamborine (have my heart set on somewhere on the mountain!)

Due to our funds, we have settled on Eagle Heights Mountain Hotel, I would have preferred somewhere a little more elegant...but the pro's have been-having the ceremony and reception at one place, we get the bridal suite for free if we get all 20 rooms booked out (with travelling family, easy done!) and there is no time limit to how long we can celebrate our marriage! And the people were very friendly and showed us around the whole place, unlike other places we visited, we had to ask to see where they hold the ceremony's and reception......
I'm a person who loves to share good things and my hair dresser I have chosen (she's my secret weapon!) is Shannon from OSE Hair, mobile and does great work!

sorry I'm so excited we have finally made progress towards our wedding...is anyone else became slightly obsessed with wedding shows??- don't tell the bride, four weddings, bridezillas???? or is that just me?????

beccajayne

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:37 am

I just found out that Mt Ommaney Apartments are having a Bridal Open Night on Friday 8th April. I can't wait to go and see exactly what is included in their package and also taste the food.
We have already booked for the reception and ceremony and did get to see the bottom room but it was set up for a birthday not wedding. So looking forward to it.

Cyn84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Becca you won't be dissapointed, 4 months on people still rave about our wedding at Mt Ommaney and the food :) , we had the Somerset room (bottom room) and everyone said they loved having drinks outside while we were having our photo's done :) .

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Mt. Ommaney was on my top 4 list of venues too. :D

reenettondas

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:50 pm

I have heard that Gullys Garden Wedding Florist is now back in business and very busy.
She offers the same service she offered in her early days with the same quality flowers
and low prices.

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Anyone knows a good spot in the city that we can get good photos of the Story Bridge? We're planning to have our pre-wedding shoot there :D

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 am

Down at Riverside (in the CBD) is a nice place to get the bridge in the background of your photos. If the riverwalk was still there, i would have suggested that - but seeing as it was washed down the river, it's not much use to you.

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestion :D How about Kangaroo Point cliffs?

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:42 am

I haven't been up there actually...though from watching riverfire on TV last year, i think you can see the bridge from there.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09