A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

cams

Re: Townsville - Part 2

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:23 pm

townsville photographer roy leigh don't go there didn't want to meet to discuss photos didn't show up sent someone else with little experience without notifying didn't charge prices quoted on website. big tip ask a friend to shadow photograph in case of dud so called professional photos

ems_tnv
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Cams,

With Roy Leigh, was that just your first meeting with him, or was this for your photos on the day?

Ta

cams

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 pm

i had asked about meeting up before to discuss photos, should have realised that declining my request was an indication, for the wedding day he didn't show up sent someone else and never indicated that it wouldn't be him attending, hope this helps with your decision for photographers

ems_tnv
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:38 am

Hi Cams,
Thanks, unfortunately similar thing happened to us.

Although he did meet with us, and everything seemed ok until the day.....He then sent me a text on the morning saying that another person will be taking out photos. I got really confused as we assumed like you that it was him taking our photos. I had text him back to ask if he was coming, and he never replied. I emailed him last week to 'see if everything was ok' (me being polite), and he said "the wedding roster changed last minute".... Hrm im not happy at all, and reading your post made me feel quite sick. I just hope the photos come out good, and if not i will be complaining.

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Last edited by Amanda4Kyle on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:02 pm

ems_tnv wrote:
Hi Cams,
Thanks, unfortunately similar thing happened to us.

cams wrote:
i had asked about meeting up before to discuss photos, should have realised that declining my request was an indication, for the wedding day he didn't show up sent someone else and never indicated that it wouldn't be him attending, hope this helps with your decision for photographers

Im so sorry to hear that guys, the photos to me are the most important part of the whole thing! Fingers crossed everything turns out ok!

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:02 pm

So Anjas will charge $365 for 50 cupcakes and a small 15cm diameter cake on top. ($4.50 per cupcake) rip off?

Also anyone have any recommendations for MUA in Townsville that can come to you?

ems_tnv
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:50 am

Amanda - I agree, they were/are the one thing that i wanted to go perfectly. They are what we will look at forever. Anyway, im sure they will be ok.

Im not sure if Anja's is a rip off, but i can comment on the taste & look. She did a fantastic job on ours.

ellee83

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Hey guys,

I am brand new to the wedding forum and it has been great reading all of your posts and recommendations!

I'm newly engaged, live in Mackay and I am planning my wedding in Townsville in July 2012.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a ceremony venue? We were looking at having the ceremony on the strand but I'm not too keen on sticky beakers etc. My second option was the Rainforest Lawn at the Queens Gardens but our friends who have been planning there wedding for the last year are having their ceremony there 1 month later. So I was thinking of Rowes Bay on the beach or in the park maybe? What do you guys think?

We are having a early afternoon ceremony followed by a afternoon cocktail reception at the Watermark on the Strand.
Your suggestions would be great. :)

bridetoobee

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi Ellee83,

Im newly engaged as well and have read this whole thread looking for tips and ideas! its great!
I ended up booking out the front of Picnic Bay Surf Lifesaving Club on the strand then we are having our reception at the club which i thought was ideal for what we were after. Our wedding is in May 2012.. I wish it was tomorrow although i have nothing organised properly but i guess i have lots of time :)

Would be great share ideas and tips

Tammy

ellee83

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:35 am

Hi Tammy,

It would be great to share ideas and tips.

Are you having a traditional wedding or something a bit more casual like mine?

I have tentatively booked Kurt from Tella Photography and have emailed Out of the Blue events
for a quote to set up my ceremony and reception. I still have so much to organise too but I'm hoping to get to Townsville
to see some places and people face to face. At the moment I'm mostly stressing about the ceremony venue.

Where abouts are you having your ceremony?

Talk soon, ellee

ellee83

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any feeback or knowledge of the townsville celebrants Cameron Moore and Stephen Tasselli??

We really want a male celebrant for our wedding but I'm not really confident about booking someone I haven't seen conduct a ceremony before so I was hoping you might be able to help me out?

Thanks heaps, ellee

Ayla01
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:40 am

ellee83 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any feeback or knowledge of the townsville celebrants Cameron Moore and Stephen Tasselli??

We really want a male celebrant for our wedding but I'm not really confident about booking someone I haven't seen conduct a ceremony before so I was hoping you might be able to help me out?

Thanks heaps, ellee

We had Stephen Tasselli - couldn't have been happier. He was thorough with all the official type stuff and honestly couldn't have gone out of his way to be more helpful. He also has a secondary job that allows him a certain degree of flexibility for his celebrant meetings and rehearsals etc which was a big bonus for us. Another BIG plus for us is that he does not book two weddings on the same day so you dont need to worry about your wedding starting late if the one before yours does. Really cant say enough good things about Stephen - He knows his stuff.

Cant comment on Cameron Moore - i've never even heard of him.

ellee83

Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks Ayla :D

cmr1987

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:01 pm

It's terrible that some people have had a bad experience with roy leigh. I have to say that we used him for our wedding on 13th August this year and his was absolutely fantastic, our photos are beautiful and yes he was alittle slow in replying to emails but he always got back to us within 2 days and if we called he would answer. He was very professional and even our guests commented on how lovely he was considering other weddings they had been to and seen other photographers and seen how they spoke to the bridal party. He was willing to include things that we wanted and included us in the process of group photos and family photos (which was difficult because of both sides being divorced with new partners, so four different families to take photos of).
We were going to go with another photographer from Townsville and met with them and everything seemed fantastic and 8 months before the wedding they decided to pull out because they had another wedding to do on that day (in my opinion it was one that would make them more money then what we wanted to spend). I think you need to be careful with the photographer you book but I can say that I have no hesitation with recommending Roy Leigh from the experience we had with him and our photographs and service we recieved for the price, I guess everyone has there own opinion and thats mine, unfortunately bad news/experiences spread faster then good so afew bad experiences can ruin a persons reputation.

cmr1987

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 am

If you are looking for reception decorations head over to facebook and look up Townsville Budget Wedding Hire. The cheapest chair cover, sashes and table linen hire in Townsville.
http://www.facebook.com/tsvbudgetweddinghire

AllyB

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi,
I'm Ally and another T'ville bride to be! :D

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 pm

AllyB wrote:
Hi,
I'm Ally and another T'ville bride to be! :D

Welcome Ally,
Have you set a date yet?

AllyB

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks Amanda. Yes, April 7 2012 is our special day.

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:48 pm

AllyB wrote:
Thanks Amanda. Yes, April 7 2012 is our special day.

So soon thats so exciting, have you started a S&T yet? How are the wedding plans going, booked everything in?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.07