A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Kristy02
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Townsville - Part 2

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:42 am

Ok ladies, looking for a hair dresser and make up artist. My friend used podium for hair but not make up but I know they do both (she has sensitive skin so needed special make up), just wondering if people have used them at all or have any other suggestions?

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Kristy02 wrote:
Ok ladies, looking for a hair dresser and make up artist. My friend used podium for hair but not make up but I know they do both (she has sensitive skin so needed special make up), just wondering if people have used them at all or have any other suggestions?

Katie Armistead from Podium is doing my hair and I have Melissa Prince from Bridal Blitz is doing my make up!! Katie is the best absolutely fantastic love her to bits and Melissa is a little expensive but her make up is fantastic! Shes been a performer for years as well! Napoleon trained too. Call Katie tho and ask her 4724 2488

Kristy02
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 am

Hi Townsville Brides, just thought I'd check in and see how you are all doing

Bluebell

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Hello Townsville brides,

Was just wondering if anyone has held their reception at Rydges or been to a reception there? FH and I are planning the wedding from interstate so any advice / recommendations would be appreciated. :)

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Bluebell Were having our reception there i love their stairs and foyer (check it out on my S&T) the function co-ordinator is good at replying to emails until you have booked them and then you will barley ever be able to get a reply. Not sure about the food, ive always been happy but not blown away the service us great. I have heard that they have a new head chef. We are going to there wedding expo on the 26 February 2012 cant wait to try their food then. Let me know if you want any more info. I can take more pictures for you at the wedding expo if you want!

chlotoe

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:47 am

Hi Ladies.

We are getting married in Townsville next year and have just booked our Venue. We are looking at having a Candy Bar Buffet and was wondering if there is anywhere you can hire out big glass vases or bowls etc.. instead of buying them all. I was also wondering if there is anyplaces that you could hire Vintage style stuff for centre pieces.

Amanda4Kyle
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Chlotoe

Welcome and congrats. Im hiring through https://www.facebook.com/#!/tsvbudgetweddinghire they are very decently priced

cassy_82
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:09 pm

There is also Sweeter than Sugar on Charters Towers Rd that hire the jars and can get the lollies etc for you to diy, also Beautiful Brides hires them out too.

mcgoo

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm recently engaged & starting to plan our June 2014 wedding.

Found this thread due to the previous conversations about Riverside Gardens Community Centre. I'm really hoping to have ceremony there, so I was interested in feedback of previous users. As we're only want the ceremony & not reception there, hopefully the stuff about getting out & packing up in time won't be such an issue if we don't have as much to pack up.

Am so glad to have found a local thread with local feedback. It's great getting all this inspiration from around the world, but frustrating if you can't find something here!

Bluebell

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:05 pm

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a dry cleaner in Townsville who deals with wedding dresses. I'm flying from interstate for my wedding and I'm fairly sure the dress is going to get crushed no matter what I do so I want to have someone organised to steam it (or whatever they do to get the creases out) when we get there. If anyone can recommend somewhere that would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Bluebell.

P.S. Welcome to the forum mcgoo. :)

hemack56

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi ladies!!

I'm wondering if anyone has any pics from Reef HQ in Townsville?? We live in the Whitsundays and are thinking we might head to Townsville for the aquarium. Has anyone been to a wedding there?? Do people get married as well as have receptions there?? I'm going to email Reef HQ as well, but would love to get some feedback if any of you have been there.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

xoxo

mcgoo

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 am

hemack56 wrote:
Hi ladies!!

I'm wondering if anyone has any pics from Reef HQ in Townsville?? We live in the Whitsundays and are thinking we might head to Townsville for the aquarium. Has anyone been to a wedding there?? Do people get married as well as have receptions there?? I'm going to email Reef HQ as well, but would love to get some feedback if any of you have been there.

xoxo

Hi. I know a mate looked into having her reception at Reef HQ. From memory it was a little pricey (though we're talking 4yrs ago) and there were issues with having a live band in the room, cos of the fish. That's about all I know. Be interesting to know if they'd do ceremony as well - maybe in a different part of the aquarium, but it might still be during business hours? Good luck

chlotoe

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi.
We are trying to find Wedding cars in Townsville to hire. We are having a vintage wedding so we would love to stay with the theme. I would love to find some where that hire's out cars like that. I have the book 'Townsville Wedding Directory' which only has one in Charter's Towers and its horse and carriage.

I would love to here if anyone else has found someone at al??

TIA :)

strawberry234
I'm a kiwi
I'm a kiwi

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:31 am

Hi girls, who has got married over on Magnetic Island? Ive been looking at Villa Kembali & Lotus House for basically our base house, and possibly have a small reception there (otherwise at a restaurant). What are your opinions on them? Worth it? What is Horseshoe Bay like in general? Nice beach or far too busy? Are the other bays on the island way better?
We have never been there before so any information anyone can give on anywhere on the island would be awesome :)

mcgoo

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 pm

Magnetic Island can be very pricey & to be honest, the island can be a bit hit-and-miss. I think if you stay within the resort places it's ok, but parts of the island are run down.

I haven't been to the places you've mentioned, but a friend of a friend got married at Peppers Blue on Blue. We stayed there for a long weekend in Feb - it's lovely & right beside the ferry terminal, but I think for weddings it was a few grand just for location hire, not incl meals or drinks package. In terms of restaurants on the island, there are a few places (I've heard the French place Le Paradis is good?) but some parts of the island are very run down. It's very much like 2 different places - some bits for tourists are really well looked after, and some bits haven't been updated in years.

Are you able to get to the island yourself & have a look?

strawberry234
I'm a kiwi
I'm a kiwi

Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:21 pm

We won't be able to get up there for a few months, so just trying to dig up as much as we can in the mean time

We think we would stay in the horseshoe bay area, there's a restaurant there that we would go to for the reception, not after anything fancy, a nice dinner is fine.

We don't really want to go to a resort, but thought of hiring villa kembali and/or lotus house as somewhere for family to stay and basically a place to hang out on the deck and beach etc, and the night of the wedding just go for dinner as they don't let you self cater.

What's horseshoe bay like?

mcgoo

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Which restraurant in Horseshoe Bay? It's ok, aside from Nelly Bay where the ferries come in, it's got the most amount of decent restaurants & tourist facilities. It's got the most touristy stuff. It's very laidback & casual. I'm trying to think where you are thinking for dinner.... There's the big pub, meals are big, cheap & great, but it's just a pub. There's a couple of little cafes in Horseshoe... how many people do you have?

strawberry234
I'm a kiwi
I'm a kiwi

Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 am

Barefoot is the restaurant I was looking at. We will have anywhere from 20-50 but if we find somewhere that can only have a smaller amount we will cut people :lol: We have no idea who will want to come/who will be able to afford to come.

Thinking of May or September/October next year so still got a while to go.

Has anyone been inside Kembali?

Edited to add that I found the name of the restaurant :) If anyone has been there or has any clue of prices as their website doesnt have too much info, or pics can you let me know, I tried to call but got voicemail so not sure if they are open today or just on the phone.

mcgoo

Sat May 05, 2012 1:21 pm

I've been past Barefoot - looking at the website it looks quite nice, didn't realise it was big & had space out the back! And haven't been to Kembali but it looks beautiful! You could maybe go to WOMF Townsville & ask if anyone has had any experiences with either of these 2 places?

ajd73

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:26 pm

hemack56 wrote:
Hi ladies!!

xoxo

Hi hemack56

We are having our wedding at Reef HQ in just over 3 weeks time. We are only having our ceremony there and are using the theatre area with the predator tank in the background. Wedding ceremonies and reception are usually held later in the day there as it is operational during the day and you have the full use of the aquarium then. My fiance and I are keen scuba divers so this is something that we wanted to include in the day somehow. Will post some photos up when we get married if you like :)

Amanda ajd73
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27