A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

ajd73

Re: Townsville - Part 2

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:30 pm

chlotoe wrote:
Hi Ladies.

We are getting married in Townsville next year and have just booked our Venue. We are looking at having a Candy Bar Buffet and was wondering if there is anywhere you can hire out big glass vases or bowls etc.. instead of buying them all. I was also wondering if there is anyplaces that you could hire Vintage style stuff for centre pieces.

Hi Chlotoe

I am having a lolly buffet at our wedding in just over 3 weeks time and I will then be looking to sell the vases, jars and utensils if you are interested. There are 2 50cm martini shaped glasses, 2 largish round bowls and 2 medium sized bowls with tongs and scoops. I bought it second-hand from another bride. If you are interested, let me know and we can work out a price.

Good luck with all your planning, I am so looking forward to our big day :)

Amanda ajd73

ajd73

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:01 pm

cams wrote:
townsville photographer roy leigh don't go there didn't want to meet to discuss photos didn't show up sent someone else with little experience without notifying didn't charge prices quoted on website. big tip ask a friend to shadow photograph in case of dud so called professional photos

Hi Cams

I also tried Roy Leigh, sent an email enquiry as it is the easiest way to contact me during the day. This was around early to mid Dec last year, I ended up calling him early Jan 2012 and he said he had been soooo busy but remembered maybe seeing my email and he would look at it that day and get back to me in the next day or two. I called again about 4 days later to be told that he wasn't available now for our date (maybe if he had got back to me when I sent my email, it may have still been available), so I asked him for a recommendation of someone else, which he did. I sent an email to her (can't remember her name) and he also emailed her but it still took her about 2 weeks to get back to me. I am planning my wedding in Townsville from Alice Springs so I can't just meet with these people plus I work full-time so I can't spend all day on the phone! I finally got Donna Larcom @ Northern Exposure and she has been great. I have since found out that she was also the photographer for a friends wedding who is coming to mine and she said she was great.
I only have 3 1/2 weeks until our wedding and I can honestly say that I do not want to have to do this again! It has been fun but it is a lot of time :) I hope you were happy with your photos.

Amanda

[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com/]
[/url]

Kahlyne

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi Everyone
Need some ideas. We are having a surprise wedding. We have been together forever and everyone thinks that we will never get married. Other half wanted to get married at the court house then invite everyone over for a bbq and tell them. Oh so romantic. This will be my 2nd and his 1st marriage but I wanted something more then just court house. I came up with the idea of inviting everyone out to lunch for another reason (birthday) and then proceed to get married in front of them. He liked the idea, yay!

We dont go out much so have no idea where we might find something that would be suitable. We have about 15-20 people including kids and want something intimate but without the huge price tag that weddings seem to aquire.

mcgoo

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:38 pm

So maybe you could look at restaurants around town with private rooms? You could go pubs like Tom's Tavern, Riverside Tav etc or more upmarket places like Jam Corner? You might just need to check as some places have minimum numbers.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16