A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Rockhampton - Part 2

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks StephMT- I'll check him out!

im also thinking of having a videographer. does any know of any good local ones? Ive had a quick search on yellowpages and there was only 2...
Any advice would be good. Thanks ladies!

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Leena.. I would totally recommend Geoff Sinclair.. I've never used him or anything but I just love the photos he takes..
I love reading his blog : http://www.geoffreysinclair.com.au/blog :)
Good Luck..

TinaBeans
Catchin Up on Mah Stories
Catchin Up on Mah Stories

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:38 pm

leena wrote:
im sure this has already been dicussed, but im new and dont really want to go back through the entire discussion!
Can anyone recommend good photographers? I've been to Venture, and I really really like her, but we want to check out some others before we make a decision.
I had a look in the yellow pages and there are so many and I dont want to waste my time seeing people who arent any good.
Any suggestions would be great!!!

We used Steve Vit, he was fantastic. Professional, reasonably priced and good to work with on the day. Lovely photos too.

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:14 am

hi ladies
I tried Geoff Sinclair and he is fully booked for September next year :-(
the hunt continues!!

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:30 am

Oh well that sucks leena :( sorry about that...

I haven't found a website for them yet but at the expo there was a team called "Venture Photography" and what they had on display looked really good.. Maybe you could look into them.. Give them a call or something...

Good Luck with the hunt!!

Charlene
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Leena

Ricky England has an extremely good reputation, but you may be lucky to get him too. I have also worked with Colleen from Charlee Photography and Kerry from Zest Photography on a number of occasions and have found them to be really good and have heard good things about the final photos..

Hope this helps

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:21 am

Stephanea used NKN photography and her photos were beautiful!

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Callan's girl
I have met with Kate from Venture and absolutely loved her, but FH wants to see a few before we make a decision. I saw her at the expo too and fell in love with her then! she really stood out for me.

thanks Charlene and StephMT, I'll look into them aswell.

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:40 pm

I just want to say I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm only young, and am the first of my friends to get married, and have only been to 2 small weddings before in my whole life. So this forum is helping alot, getting ideas and sharing experiences!! Thank you all :-)

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:45 pm

leena wrote:
I just want to say I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm only young, and am the first of my friends to get married, and have only been to 2 small weddings before in my whole life. So this forum is helping alot, getting ideas and sharing experiences!! Thank you all :-)

Leena, how old are you? I'm only 20 and only have been to 1 wedding where I really understood what was going on (ages 3 and 9 do not count lol) This forum is amazing!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:06 pm

StephMT wrote:
leena wrote:

Leena, how old are you? I'm only 20 and only have been to 1 wedding where I really understood what was going on (ages 3 and 9 do not count lol) This forum is amazing!

Hey guys... it's not just being a young bride that means you have no idea :oops:

I'm 30, FH 35, I've been to 1 wedding when I was at Uni (and then my Dad's earlier this year) - if I hadn't found this forum I'd have been lost... and particularly this thread... I'm from Tassie... so clueless about Weddings in general, and clueless about Rocky specifically.

Thank goodness for all of you and for WC :D

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:11 pm

leena wrote:
Hi Callan's girl
I have met with Kate from Venture and absolutely loved her, but FH wants to see a few before we make a decision. I saw her at the expo too and fell in love with her then! she really stood out for me.

thanks Charlene and StephMT, I'll look into them aswell.

Just FYI leena... I'm using a husband and wife team who are only just newly established here - Andrew and Yvette Fenning - Andrew had done quite a bit of work for Tania Lynch, and a couple of other photographers arpund too. Depends on your date (I've got them on the 18th Sept), and when/if he's working with another photographer... but the pics they do are just amazing. PM me and I'll send you his details if you want/need another option.

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:44 pm

I have booked Colleen from Charlee photography and her work looks great. This is the link to her website (fingers crossed it works :e_pray:)
http://www.charleephotography.com.au/#
I have also been keeping an eye on NKN Photography, Tanya Lynch and Geoff Sinclairs blogs. All their work is fantastic.
http://nknphotography.com.au/
http://www.tanyalynchphotography.com.au/aboutme.html

Another photographer I have used for family photos is Bob Whyte. I was quite impressed with his work but he doesn't include a cd for weddings which is what we wanted.
http://www.bobwhytephotographer.com.au/
There were a couple of others at the expo that looked good, I will try and remember their names.

Hope this helps- I found it so hard to pick a photographer because it was one of the most important things to me. :)

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey Steph
I'm 21 :-) good to know theres other young brides! When your big day? Mines 17/9/10- it seems so far away, but so close too!!

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:41 pm

LHB85 wrote:
I have booked Colleen from Charlee photography and her work looks great. This is the link to her website (fingers crossed it works :e_pray:)
http://www.charleephotography.com.au/#
I have also been keeping an eye on NKN Photography, Tanya Lynch and Geoff Sinclairs blogs. All their work is fantastic.
http://nknphotography.com.au/
http://www.tanyalynchphotography.com.au/aboutme.html

Another photographer I have used for family photos is Bob Whyte. I was quite impressed with his work but he doesn't include a cd for weddings which is what we wanted.
http://www.bobwhytephotographer.com.au/
There were a couple of others at the expo that looked good, I will try and remember their names.

Hope this helps- I found it so hard to pick a photographer because it was one of the most important things to me. :)

Hey LHB85
i know what you mean! The photographs, other than the memories, are the only thing you have when its all over

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:46 pm

leena wrote:
Hey Steph
I'm 21 :-) good to know theres other young brides! When your big day? Mines 17/9/10- it seems so far away, but so close too!!

I'm still hoping for 2011 but it will more likely be 2012. FH and I are saving for our 1st house as we don't wanna be married and still living at home

Jill89

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:35 pm

StephMT wrote:
leena wrote:
Hey Steph

I'm still hoping for 2011 but it will more likely be 2012. FH and I are saving for our 1st house as we don't wanna be married and still living at home

Leena, your wedding is less than a year away... now that is exciting!!!

Our wedding is almost 2 years away... 01/10/2011 - gives me lots of time to look around at everything and pay things off slowly. I will be 22 when we get married and FH will be 23.

Steph... we havent even bothered to think about houses yet :o ... we have it too good living in my parents house they own but dont live in! gotta love them for getting an investment house :D

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Hey Jill- I know! just over 10 months- I'm so excited!!! So much to do yet tho, gonna be a busy few months.
My FH and I bought a house earlier this year, so we're all set :-)

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:52 am

I wanted to take advantage of the first home buyers grant, but we weren't in the right position to do it. My christmas list this year consists of tea towels, dinner plates, storage containers and the like lol

Jill89

Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:29 pm

yeah i would have loved to get the first home owners grant but neither steve or i were/are eligable. and by the time we will be, it wont be available anymore. poo the government lol!
my xmas wish list just consists of money... it always helps to pay bills and whatnot! dont think steve and i will get each other anything either... just figured if we see something we want or need, we will just get it whether it is xmas or not.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.37