A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Charlene
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Cake club and classes

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi all

Sorry to those who find this totally irrelevant, but, some time ago someone (maybe steph??) was looking for cake decorating lessons - it has taken me a while but I have finally found the info :!:

There is a cake making and decorating club in Rockhampton.

They are having a demonstration and SALE - YUM YUM at Northside Plaza 8th and 9th December.

Following details to the best of my knowledge (pls don't quote me as absolute). They meet on the 2nd sat of the month (next meeting not until Feb) at 1pm in the CWA hall (somewhere near City Centre Plaza apparently). At each meeting someone does a little demo of a related skill. It is only about $25 for the year membership. Many of their members do classes (for quite small fees) for both groups, individuals and even kids lessons. Some of their members actually sub-contract to the cake shops - so if you buy a cake in town it may in fact be made by one of them!

I was at an event and a lady had brought along some absolutely gorgeous cupcakes she had made - and then proceeded to tell me how they were nothing compared to what some in the club can do!!!

Charlene
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Rockhampton - Part 2

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:26 pm

LHB85 wrote:
Steph- I have no idea about the price of nappies but I would probably be happy to pay $75 for that- it would work out to be about $1 a nappy. I would probably pay more if nappies cost more. :roll:

Hi Steph - would $75 even cover the price of the contents? Have you done any more?

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Nah haven't done anymore, but I would love to make more. Would cost about 60 dollars just to make that one. It does depend on the contents tho. I used huggies nappies, which are the most expensive brand plus there's bonds and lamaze items as well.

clickibabe

Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:39 am

Annamaria Ede-Hogan - 49364272 and yes she does hair and makeup. she is also opening up a salon in her home as well as the location stuff!! You wont be disapointed!! :D

clickibabe

Re: Yeppoon Hairdresser

Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:41 am

drkreena wrote:
clickibabe wrote:
drkreena wrote:
Oooh - lucky this was at the top of the forum pages or I may have missed it!!

Wondering if anyone can recommend a hairdresser or 2 in Yeppoon? We're having our ceremony out at rydges, am I'm thinking it would be easiest to find a decent salon out that way - but I'm pretty picky when it comes to my hair (I went through about 5 hairdressers when we moved here before I found one that would do my hair exactly the way I like it) - so I'm wanting to try out a couple of places well in advance of the big day to see if I can find someone who is just as good. Any suggestions girls?

took me a while to find this thread - I recomend Annamaria Ede-Hogan _ she is awesome and she will travel to
RYDGES

Thanks for this! Can you PM me her details please... does she do makeup too or just hair? :)

Annamaria Ede-Hogan - 49364272 and she does hair and makeup!! and jewellery I think!!! :D

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:39 am

LHB85 wrote:
Hey Karena,
I was just wondering if you found it hard to get appointments at the Brisbane Bridal Stores? Mum and I are going down at the of December to look for my dress and I was wondering how far in advance I need to book appointments.

Hey Leonie - I had no problems at all - I booked about 3 weeks ago - but because I'm going during the week (tomorrow actually) I didn't have any problems with other appointments - from what one of the ladies said, its really only Saturdays that they ask for people to make appointments becuase they're so busy - but will prioritise you with an appointmnet on other days if they get lots of girls in the shop. I'll check when I'm there tomorrow about time frames and let you know when I get back! I'm sure I'll be buzzing with excitement after finally trying on some Maggie's :bdance:

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Have fun Kareena! I'm starting to get excited and I still have 3 weeks and lots of school work to go. :D

tren79

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Hey all! I have just moved to Rockhampton and I am getting married next year in May. I am looking for a good hairdresser and makeup artist based in Rockhampton for a reasonable price. Does anyone have any ideas? :)

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:43 pm

LHB85 wrote:
Have fun Kareena! I'm starting to get excited and I still have 3 weeks and lots of school work to go. :D

OMG - I tried on soooo many Maggie's... how much fun did I have... and I was on my own!! :D

If you call and book at least a week in advance you should be fine Leonie - Brides of Brisbane and Casar were great - both in the same building in the Queen St Mall; and Elizabeth "someone" on Broadway - in another section on the mall - some gorgeous dresses in there!
There's a few others around the place too - but these are the only ones I made it to (bugger being a business trip as well) :)

And, I think I found it (THE ONE I mean)... will post some pics soon :bdance:

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Come on - don't leave me hanging

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Yay! Bring on the pictures. :bdance:

I have both those stores on my list too!

lilithgirl

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi Girls,
Sorry its taken me so long to get back. Its done now Im a married woman. WOOT :mrgreen:
Id like to say a few thank yous
Makeup - Lateeshia at Flawless skin
Cake - Wedding cakes by wendy (the most perfect cake me our wedding)
Celebrant - Shireen Mathers (made the wedding fun for everyone and kept us sane)
And to all my friends and family who lent helping hands with all the rest of the wedding and makeing my day awsome.

Just a quick question while Im here. Does anyone know of a local photographer who does Trash The Dress. My wedding photographer came from mackay so I'd prefer not to ask them to come back just for that.

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Stephanea did hers with NKN photography. She also did another one for a friend who has just started out and they looked awesome too.

TinaBeans
Catchin Up on Mah Stories
Catchin Up on Mah Stories

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 am

On Saturday I went to a wedding at Cocos at Seaspray in Zilzie. It was lovely; the grounds and gardens are very pretty and well-maintained, and the venue itself is really nice. The food was lovely and the staff friendly. There was dancing on the veranda, which had really nice views over the pool. This is a much nicer venue than Rydges, but the maximum number of guests would be lower (with about 70 guests the place was quite full) and I have no idea how they compare price-wise.

The accommodation is really nice too, the two-bedroom rooms are huge with a good kitchen, two bathrooms, balcony etc.

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:43 pm

hi Ladies
for anyone looking for a photographer, we had an engagement shoot with Orin from Blink Photography over the weekend. He's really nice, and the photos were great, and that was just looking a them on the camera screen. Cant wait to see them when he touches them up!!
ps- he offers the engagement shoot free of charge and theres no obligation to use him for the real thing, but his work is great, so we're definately going with him.

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Well Ladies,
I am heading off to Brisbane early tomorrow morning. :bdance: I am so excited about actually trying on and hopefully finding my 'perfect dress'. Will be back on Sunday so will hopefully put some photos up on Monday :D

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Oh and as a quick after thought- Both Geoff Sinclar and Tanya Lynch have featured Trash the Dress shoots in thier blogs recently that they did with a visiting photographer. It may be worth giving them a call :)

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:52 pm

TinaBeans wrote:
On Saturday I went to a wedding at Cocos at Seaspray in Zilzie. It was lovely; the grounds and gardens are very pretty and well-maintained, and the venue itself is really nice. The food was lovely and the staff friendly. There was dancing on the veranda, which had really nice views over the pool. This is a much nicer venue than Rydges, but the maximum number of guests would be lower (with about 70 guests the place was quite full) and I have no idea how they compare price-wise.

The accommodation is really nice too, the two-bedroom rooms are huge with a good kitchen, two bathrooms, balcony etc.

Sounds awesome. I am looking at these guys for our big day

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 am

LHB85 wrote:
Well Ladies,
I am heading off to Brisbane early tomorrow morning. :bdance: I am so excited about actually trying on and hopefully finding my 'perfect dress'. Will be back on Sunday so will hopefully put some photos up on Monday :D

Have fun hun :D
cant wait to see what you find!

Jill89

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:06 pm

WooHoo - i am finally officially engaged!!! Now i can start planning a bit more hard core hehe
GZIP: On | Load: 0.41