A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Re: Rockhampton - Part 2

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Jill89 wrote:
WooHoo - i am finally officially engaged!!! Now i can start planning a bit more hard core hehe

YAY :bdance: So excited for you guys!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:18 am

Yay :D

Congrats Jill :bdance:

TinaBeans
Catchin Up on Mah Stories
Catchin Up on Mah Stories

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:48 pm

StephMT wrote:

Sounds awesome. I am looking at these guys for our big day

It would be great for a breakfast reception (if you're still planning on doing that)!

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Still planning on that. The was a small room that i saw on one of their layout maps that holds about 30 ppl. I think its the sunrise room. Fits perfectly I must say. I should take FH for breakfast there during our week off over xmas

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:54 am

Oooo Congratulations Jill :bdance:

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:21 am

Hey girls
we've pick a place for our ceremony- Ferns Hideaway. just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding there before? I want ours to be down by the creek and wondering if anyone might have some pics, or anything? Ive had a look through the pics that they have at ferns, but i couldnt see any actual ceremony pics down by the creek, just pics of the bridal party down there. ive have some ideas in my head of how i want it to look, but would like to know how some other people have done it.
Thanks!

Malli13

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Hey everyone

Well I've been looking into some places recently for our reception and was disappointed with the Leichhardt. When I rang, I told them that I'd heard of renovations being done to the function rooms and if so, had they been finished yet. The man that I spoke to told me they were finished a couple months ago so I arranged a time to visit and speak with the WC. However, when I went in, there were no renovations done to the function room on the first floor and the WC couldn't tell me if any other function rooms had been renovated. The place looked very tired and run down and is in desperate need of a face lift.

I'm planning on going and having a look at Rockhampton Plaza and also Travellodge but my FH and I were talking and we're now thinking of ditching the idea of having a formal reception and just having a cocktail style reception on my aunty & uncle's property. I'm thinking smaller marquee for people to sit and chat with the dance floor & entertainment outside, japanese lanterns strung around the place (friend of mine has plenty of them... used to do wedding decorations), having some of those outside heaters and finger foods served. My FH and I are trying to keep the cost as low as possible but still trying to organise an elegant affair so any suggestions on how I could make it work??

I'm thinking of having the ceremony at the Botanical Gardens. It's nice there and always green so that should be good. My FH and I are planning a July 2011 wedding as in Rocky... the weather here is never too cold and we both love winter so it suits us better. Plus I don't want to be sweating down my dress :)

Anyway, any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ladies! Alli :D

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:45 pm

If you are wanting something in the middle of town / near the gardens have you tried customs house or the pavillion? What about the Rocky Leagues or Brothers club?

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Just FYI - The Pavillion is no more - well as least as far as I can tell! When we looked at it a few months ago, the functions manager said if we wanted it we'd have to talk to someone at the Church because they were taking over the running of it. Driving past the other day I'm pretty sure it's now Curves Fitness Centre - at least it had a big Curves banner out the front - I could be wrong, but I was laughing with FH about it the other day!

Try the Centrepoint too - I recall someone on here had their reception there - and when we had a look it all seemed pretty nice. Oh, and re the Leichardt - from memory it was the function rooms on the second floor that were/going to be renovated - I'm sure when we looked through Michael (who was the manager at the time) let us have a quick look at the 1st floor rooms, but then said they were planning on having bigger functions (e.g. weddings) in the second floor room - interested to know who you saw there Malli, as I was more than impressed when we went through!

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:13 pm

We're having our reception at the travelodge, the WC there is really nice and helpful, and i relaly like the function room there. is a bit $$, but it includes pretty much everything including centrepieces and stuff, the bridal suite, breakfast ect.
my second choice would be the pavillion. its so nice there, and their $ was fairly good. customs house was alright, not what i was after. my friend had her 21st there last weekend in the cafe downstairs. it was really good, and they had fancy food, nt just the normal spring rolls and samosas.
the plaza is nice, but i called them a couple of times to arrange to meet the wc, but they never returned my calls so i gave up on them. kershaw house is pretty, but ive heard a lot of bad reviews...

if your looking for a garden ceremony, i would recommend Goldstone House. its so beautifl there, and Debra is lovely. we were going to have ours there, but FH thought it would be too noisy cos it will be a friday (business traffic etc).

hope this helps!!

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:32 pm

Some where I would recommend for a cocktail reception with a nice garden is Kershaw House. My best friend got married there 2 years ago. The ceremony was in the garden and then we all moved up stairs (still overlooking the garden) for an afternoon tea reception. There was still tables for the older people to sit at but also heaps of room in the bar area and on the deck for people to mingle. We then had a photo session afterwards and Kershaw house has some great photo opportunities (I love the water fountain out the front).

Customs House is also a beautiful venue however we had our work Christmas party there 2 weeks ago and they ran out of food- But I am sure Dominic would be very helpful.

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm posting the same thing everywhere - but oh well - I'm super excited :D
Had a hair trial today - Wavelengths in Yeppoon - I am soo stoked at what she was able to do with my hair - absolutely over the moon. I love it :D
I had no idea I had that much hair! All I normally do is iron it completly straight - but she has worked wonders!! I wont post the same pics everywhere, but I've put about 6 up in my S&T!

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Read an article today in the paper that Michael (head chef at Coco's) is finishing up and moving onto other things. Dammit, I liked him! So FH and I will have to go down one day and sample the food. Whenever that may be :roll:

apmr14

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 am

Good morning Ladies!!

I am getting married on September 25th 2010. I have done a lot of procrastinating and emails, but nothing secured, booked or definate yet! I'm leaning towards Kershaw House as reception venue, and the garden as possibility for even the ceromony OR botanical Gardens. I love the look of it, the feel, the colours and have just been to a meeting function there and the service and food was fantastic!!! My 2nd option would be Goldston House for ceromony & Customs House for reeception. I went to an all day function there (Customs house) a few months back and it looked great. Only downside was the food, it was too slow coming out, and food was just not up to par with what i thought it should have been. I have found my dress and a local shop in Rocky stocks it. I have contacted a few photographers, but all are booked for 25 September 2010. I know September is a popular month- I'm unsure if I will have enough time to book everything, and may even consider changing to October. I've read a few post here saying that they've heard bad things about Kershaw House. I'd really like everyone's honest opinion on Kershaw House & Customs House if you wouldn't mind. See this is me stalling...again!! No, I'd really appreciate your opinions.

Thakns in Advance

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:09 pm

My Mum siad Customs house was below par for their food as welll. Pretty location so they need to up the anti there!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:56 am

Hey apmr14 - Congrats and Welcome!
I loved Kershaw House - but I too have heard some iffy things - but I haven't been to a function there so, I dont really know!
Shame if the food at customs house isn't great as I agree with Steph it really is a pretty place in a great location!
Goldston House is beautiful!

If you're planning on Sept 25 though, I'd be checking availability - Sept's pretty busy around here - we looked at venues in July and Kershaw House, Goldston House, Rosslyn Bay Inn, and Rydges Chapel were already booked our weekend, I also know that Customs House is now booked our weekend too - and that's only the week before yours! Dont want to put a downer on it hun, but if you really really want one of the places you listed, I'd be calling them ASAP just to see if they're available. From what I understand Oct isn't quite as bad, but still popular!

Anyways - good luck with the planning hun, oh, and you've picked your dress!! Pics? :D

Merry Christmas to all the Rocky girls :e_xmas:

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Still waiting on ball pics :e_whistle: :wink:

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi Ladies. I hope everyone had a great christmas :D
I have just been browsing through my photographers website (its becoming a habit :roll: ) and I noticed that she has started to do boudior photos. I know somebody was asking about it a little while back.
http://www.charleephotography.com.au/#

Hope everyone has a fantastic night tonight :D

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 pm

LHB85 wrote:
Hi Ladies. I hope everyone had a great christmas :D
I have just been browsing through my photographers website (its becoming a habit :roll: ) and I noticed that she has started to do boudior photos. I know somebody was asking about it a little while back.
http://www.charleephotography.com.au/#

Hope everyone has a fantastic night tonight :D

Hmmm they have spelled boudoir incorrectly, to me that's not very professional. I also couldn't get any of the gallery links to work. I googled and found some pics tho, but no boudoir

LHB85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:03 am

I thought it was spelt wrong but thought I might have had the spelling wrong. It took a while for the links to work yesterday. I thought it was at our end because we have used our downloads up so everything slows down.
GZIP: On | Load: 1.14