A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Rockhampton - Part 2

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 pm

So, whats everyones opinion on children at their wedding?

I dont know what to think.. I want my neices x2 and nephew x 1 as they are family.. but i dont want 25other kids that run a muck and ruin it and then there parents go home early because 'the kids are tired'....

hmmmph- Wes was totally against any kids at the wedding to start with and now all of a sudden he wants them all there? think MIL has been in his ear...

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 pm

No kids at mine.

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:47 pm

we invited kids to our reception, but there was only a handful. They ran around with each other and had a ball. it went well with our laid back style cocktail theme. but if you've got 25 kids to think about it might get a bit noisy 8O
though you might find if you allow your neices and nephew to go, other guests might get a bit cranky that their kids weren't invited. (one of my sil's did that, but I didn't hear any complaints).
just go with what is going to make you happiest on YOUR day :heart:

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

If your nieces and nephews are part of the bridal party (flowergirls and pageboys) I think it would be nice to have them at the reception

NN
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I think it's different if they are family kids or friend's children. I don't think friends will be offended if your neices and nephews were there while their kids weren't invited. I think the problems would be if you invite some family children and not others or if they are from your side and not his.

We invited family children only and it was about three of them and in the end their parents chose not to bring them. At the same time I guess it depends what you call kids, our family "children" are all over 13 so to me they were guests themselves IFKWIM

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:01 pm

most of them are at an uncontrollable age- (below 5yo) 8O

Wonder if I can put something on the invite along the lines of.. (kids not preferred @ the reception?)

What do u think?

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Maybe somethis like

You are invited to the wedding of

Emma and Wes

Ceremony
To be held at blah blah
at blah time

And to be followed by an adults only reception
At Blach blah
At blah time

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:34 pm

StephMT wrote:
Maybe somethis like

You are invited to the wedding of

Emma and Wes

Ceremony
To be held at blah blah
at blah time

And to be followed by an adults only reception
At Blach blah
At blah time

good one :D thanks

Jill89

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:43 pm

We aren't having kids at our wedding. Ceremony is fine. However, reception I am organizing babysitting for the parents that are coming to the reception and have kids. I am an early childhood teacher and have some teaching friends that will be able to look after the kids in one of the motel rooms close by while parents are at the reception.

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:56 am

Jill89 wrote:
We aren't having kids at our wedding. Ceremony is fine. However, reception I am organizing babysitting for the parents that are coming to the reception and have kids. I am an early childhood teacher and have some teaching friends that will be able to look after the kids in one of the motel rooms close by while parents are at the reception.

I thought about organizing a babysitter.. I think it's really my worst fear to spend all this hard earned cash and people to go home early Cos the kids are tired not because they want to
Go, or to hve a screaming baby ruin the firstdance. Decisions,decisions..maybe i am just being bridezilla? But afterall i don't want to have any regrets..

Thanks for the ideas ladies! Appreciated!

reneerenee

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 am

Hey everyone,
Does anyone know if there is a makeup artist who does airbrush makeup in Rocky? I have searched but haven't come across anyone? If not what makeup artists would you recommend??
Thanks

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:06 am

reneerenee wrote:
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know if there is a makeup artist who does airbrush makeup in Rocky? I have searched but haven't come across anyone? If not what makeup artists would you recommend??
Thanks

Hi Renee -

Kathy Prideaux from Creative Faces does the airbrush make-up. You can find her on facebook or her website is - http://creativefaces.com.au/
I'm using her for my wedding and I know she does a pretty fabulous job :)

Jill89

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Need some help!

For our wedding, we are having a larger ceremony at 3pm and providing an afternoon tea of nibbles and non alcoholic for everyone afterwards (enables family to catch up and not be totally bored while we go and get photos). The reception starts at 6 for close family and friends (not all who come to the ceremony are coming to the reception).

We are getting married out at Rosslyn Bay Resort and we really don't want us or our families to be in charge of storing and preparing the food on the day in our rooms. We also don't want to pay about $12 per person for canapes either - its adds up! We will probably have up 150 people to cater for. The more I think about it, the harder it seems to be to actually do.

Basically we want to pay someone to do all the prep for us and bring in some nibbly food for around 3.30pm... but we don't want to pay thousands and thousands of dollars. Any ideas of any business or people that would do something like we want... or am I just dreaming?!?!

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Jill89 wrote:
Basically we want to pay someone to do all the prep for us and bring in some nibbly food for around 3.30pm... but we don't want to pay thousands and thousands of dollars. Any ideas of any business or people that would do something like we want... or am I just dreaming?!?!

There would be some catering companies that would do this, but whether Rosslyn bay would allow an external catering company on their site is another matter. Have you spoken to them about it? Alternatively would you be able to get someone on the way to the ceremony to pick up some of those catering trays from woolies (but then you still have that added cost)

Jill89

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:12 pm

StephMT wrote:
Jill89 wrote:

There would be some catering companies that would do this, but whether Rosslyn bay would allow an external catering company on their site is another matter. Have you spoken to them about it? Alternatively would you be able to get someone on the way to the ceremony to pick up some of those catering trays from woolies (but then you still have that added cost)

They said we are able to provide out own food for afternoon tea - as long as no mess is made. Bar will be open for people to buy grog during the arve. Basically I just want someone to drop off the food and go. I have thought about the platters from woolies, but still have to suss them out further about how much and what they have on them. If all else fails, people will be eating chips and lollies haha.

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:59 pm

The basic ones are about $35 a plate. The wedding I went to last year the family friends and church friends who lived in the area brought sandwiches, cakes and slices in eskies for everyone. It was a smaller wedding though

Jill89

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:10 pm

We are happy to spend about $500 for the food. We have it budgeted in.

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:28 pm

also check out Go Sushi, they do up platters. or even subway for something more simple.

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 am

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick question in regards to transport - I am really keen on getting some classic cars (we will probably need 3) and I was wondering if you ladies might know of anyone?

We've tried dozens of numbers to no avail. I think we may have found one Mustang at the moment but if I could I would love 3 cars if not we will find something else for the bridal party..

Thanks in advance :)

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Jill89 wrote:
Need some help!

For our wedding, we are having a larger ceremony at 3pm and providing an afternoon tea of nibbles and non alcoholic for everyone afterwards (enables family to catch up and not be totally bored while we go and get photos). The reception starts at 6 for close family and friends (not all who come to the ceremony are coming to the reception).

We are getting married out at Rosslyn Bay Resort and we really don't want us or our families to be in charge of storing and preparing the food on the day in our rooms. We also don't want to pay about $12 per person for canapes either - its adds up! We will probably have up 150 people to cater for. The more I think about it, the harder it seems to be to actually do.

I just went to a wedding ceremony today and they just had the afternoon tea at the church- softdrink, beer & wine in eskies and some sandwiches and sweets. it seemed to work really well & my guess was about 100guests to cater for.

We are thinking of doing a similar thing for our day, because canapes are 16.50 each person for 140guests. eeek!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1