A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Jill89

Re: Rockhampton - Part 2

Mon May 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Emma89 wrote:
Jill89 wrote:
Need some help!

For our wedding, we are having a larger ceremony at 3pm and providing an afternoon tea of nibbles and non alcoholic for everyone afterwards (enables family to catch up and not be totally bored while we go and get photos). The reception starts at 6 for close family and friends (not all who come to the ceremony are coming to the reception).

We are getting married out at Rosslyn Bay Resort and we really don't want us or our families to be in charge of storing and preparing the food on the day in our rooms. We also don't want to pay about $12 per person for canapes either - its adds up! We will probably have up 150 people to cater for. The more I think about it, the harder it seems to be to actually do.

Basically we want to pay someone to do all the prep for us and bring in some nibbly food for around 3.30pm... but we don't want to pay thousands and thousands of dollars. Any ideas of any business or people that would do something like we want... or am I just dreaming?!?!

I just went to a wedding ceremony today and they just had the afternoon tea at the church- softdrink, beer & wine in eskies and some sandwiches and sweets. it seemed to work really well & my guess was about 100guests to cater for.

We are thinking of doing a similar thing for our day, because canapes are 16.50 each person for 140guests. eeek!

I have just spoken with my lovely Fiances Aunty. She is part owner at the Coffee Star Cafe here in Rocky. She has offered to help me shop, buy in bulk and help prepare food for the day. She had some fantastic ideas just on the spot, so I am going to sort it all out when we sort out the menu for my hens night which I am having there. Phew!

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Just a random note- Just read that Marry Me are Shutting their doors! So anyone who hasn't got a gown!! Apparently there will be some great sales!!! :D

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Thu May 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Emma89 wrote:
Just a random note- Just read that Marry Me are Shutting their doors! So anyone who hasn't got a gown!! Apparently there will be some great sales!!! :D

I went in last week and there were some bargains!

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Which one is Marry Me Bridal - I already have my dress but hey it never hurts to get a new formalish dress ;)

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Thu May 19, 2011 5:50 pm

callan's girl wrote:
Which one is Marry Me Bridal - I already have my dress but hey it never hurts to get a new formalish dress ;)

One in William Street opposite the camping place. When I went alot of the dresses were under $1000

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Tue May 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Just saw this on FB

Bridal Reflections, Rockhampton
Well we've kicked it off a bit early, but our massive stocktake sale is on now. Get a massive 50% off EVERYTHING in store...Bridal Gowns, Formal Wear, Bridesmaids Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Jewellery, Veils, Shoes, Bags. If we don't have it in store, you can still get 20% off ordered stock. Hurry in before you miss out!!

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 31, 2011 4:47 pm

8O 18 DAYS TO GO!!!! 8O

18 DAYS! :D 18 DAYS! :D

I'm getting so flippin excited now!!

Sorry :oops: just had to share the excitement before I busted haha...

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

callan's girl wrote:
8O 18 DAYS TO GO!!!! 8O

18 DAYS! :D 18 DAYS! :D

I'm getting so flippin excited now!!

Sorry :oops: just had to share the excitement before I busted haha...

thats awesome.. how exciting! will be here in a blink.

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:17 am

StephMT wrote:
callan's girl wrote:

One in William Street opposite the camping place. When I went alot of the dresses were under $1000

Are they still open?

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:22 am

Their last day was Saturday

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Does anyone think its crazy to pay $150 to release doves at our ceremony? I reallly wanna do it but I think the price is unreasonable. (considering they are probably homing pigeons)

Goldston House

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:08 am

Good Evening Ladies:)

Hopefully you have already heard about it but just in case you havn't this is a heads up and reminder note about....

The Rockhampton Weddings Expo - THIS SUNDAY At Goldston House!!

Every bride gets an entry into the 'Win Your Wedding Grand Prize Draw' valued at over $19,000!!

This amazing prize includes EVERYTHING for your wedding (except the party afterwards ;) ) Starting with a wedding gown of your choice to limo's, accomodation, suit hire, bridesmaids dresses, flowers, hair and makeup, stationary, photography, videography, the cake....... the list goes on!! Visit http://www.rockhamptonweddings.com.au for more information about this and we would love to see you there!

10am-3pm / Entry $5 / Gift bags, fashion parades, entertainment and nearly 70 local wedding suppliers on show for your benefit!!!

Have a great weekend!

ozjosh

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Emma89 wrote:
Does anyone think its crazy to pay $150 to release doves at our ceremony? I reallly wanna do it but I think the price is unreasonable. (considering they are probably homing pigeons)

Sounds fairly reasonable if travel/etc is included in the $150. It'd certainly add more than $150 worth of excitement to your wedding day :)

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:08 am

ozjosh wrote:
Emma89 wrote:

Sounds fairly reasonable if travel/etc is included in the $150. It'd certainly add more than $150 worth of excitement to your wedding day :)

All good, no need to worry found some for $10 each, such a better price.

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:42 am

Hi ladies, just wanted to let you all know, I'll be at the arcade carpark markets sunday (3rd) if anyone wants to come and check out my stall. will have sample sized bouquets on display as well as hair accessories for anyone that hasn't organised flowers and such yet. stop by and say hello :D

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:29 pm

So the day has come and gone! The honeymoon has come and gone! Now it's back to work to build up the bank balance haha..

The day was truly amazing! I loved every minute of it but I could not believe how quickly it went once it started! A truly memorable day!

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:25 pm

callan's girl wrote:
So the day has come and gone! The honeymoon has come and gone! Now it's back to work to build up the bank balance haha..

The day was truly amazing! I loved every minute of it but I could not believe how quickly it went once it started! A truly memorable day!

Congrats. Im super keen to see some pics of ur day.

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:04 am

Emma89 wrote:
callan's girl wrote:

Congrats. Im super keen to see some pics of ur day.

There is almost 2000 to go through so it may take me awhile - but here are 3 the photographer put up as a sneak peak on his page..

Emma89
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:12 pm

AWWWWW. u look super gorgeous :heart: :heart: and so in love!!!!

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:29 am

wow, you look beautiful!!! :heart:
GZIP: On