Re: Rockhampton - Part 2

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 am

aw thanks ladies!

kylie4702
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:40 pm

If anyone hasnt got their wedding dress yet i can certainly reccomend Gladstone Bridal. Even though i turned up without an appointment (woops). They catetered to my every whim, and perservered with my, "too this, too that, too much" until i found THE ONE!

Bandie

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi everyone, I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty keen to start planning straight away. I've got a few ideas of what I want and have been looking on the net at some ceremony and reception ideas over the last few days. I really want a garden reception with a couple of marquees and fairy lights in the trees. We're only having a small wedding, maybe 30-40 people and don't want anything too formal. We would prefer to organise our own food & drink and keep things fairly simple.

Only problem is our own garden is way too small and we don't know anyone that has a suitable garden either. Has anyone else in Rocky had a similar reception or know of any outdoor reception venues that aren't too formal/expensive? Either in Rockhampton or on the coast would be fine but preferably in or close to rocky.

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Bandie, welcome to the forum :D

goldstone house have a nice garden, or how about the botanic gardens? think you only have to get permission off the council for the botanic gardens or kershaw gardens.

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi Bandie! Congratulations on this fabulous chapter of your life :) All the very best with the planning (I know you've come to the right place because the ladies on here are great!)

If you're looking for a garden area I would suggest talking to Goldston House (http://www.goldstonhouse.com.au/) I'm not sure what their prices are like but I have seen some weddings done there and they do a really beautiful job and it would be really nice for the intimate ceremony that you are wanting..

Good luck with the planning!!

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:27 pm

This is Denison Boutique hotle, it looks pretty and may work for your needs. No idea on how much they charge though

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Bandie wrote:
Hi everyone, I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty keen to start planning straight away. I've got a few ideas of what I want and have been looking on the net at some ceremony and reception ideas over the last few days. I really want a garden reception with a couple of marquees and fairy lights in the trees. We're only having a small wedding, maybe 30-40 people and don't want anything too formal. We would prefer to organise our own food & drink and keep things fairly simple.

Only problem is our own garden is way too small and we don't know anyone that has a suitable garden either. Has anyone else in Rocky had a similar reception or know of any outdoor reception venues that aren't too formal/expensive? Either in Rockhampton or on the coast would be fine but preferably in or close to rocky.

I have no idea how much this would cost, but I have loved this wedding the first time I saw it http://www.blink-photography.com.au/josh-rae/

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:49 pm

StephMT wrote:
I have no idea how much this would cost, but I have loved this wedding the first time I saw it http://www.blink-photography.com.au/josh-rae/

Yes! I remembered seeing this earlier but wasn't sure what sort of budget you had - it really does look stunning this wedding set up!

Bandie

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, this definitely looks like a great forum to be on. I've actually had a full tour of Golston House recently because I did have a stand at the wedding expo this year. (I haven't put any of my business details in my signature yet because we haven't yet announced our engagement. Even our families don't know until Christmas this year and I don't want to risk anyone finding out through google or something. But I promise I'm not just here to push my business on unsuspecting brides :) ) I really really love Goldston House and I'm thinking either there, Botanic Gardens or the Caves for the ceremony. I think at this stage Goldston House will only be offering cocktail receptions, I've seen their setup and it's so beautiful but I don't know if our friends and family or fh would go for that. It's hard too because we haven't talked to our families about the budget so I'm not even sure who will offer to help or if it's all up to us, but we've got over a year to go at this stage.

Last night I was looking at Rainforest Ranch in Byfield, it looks interesting for both ceremony maybe and reception as well as our wedding night accommodation. Has anyone been up there or know what it's like? I've never really been to Byfield before, is it a bit dodgy?

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:00 pm

I got married at ferns in byfield and it was beautiful! I did check out rainforest ranch and it was also nice, but wasn't quite what we were lOoking for. It's quite big overall, but the few spots that I would have had the ceremony were quite small- depends how many guests you are having. The peoPle were lovely tho! Good luck with everything :)

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:12 am

Leena's wedding was gorgeous!!! Still very jealous of your living lens video :heart:
Bandie - For Goldston house have a look at LHB85's S&T and hall of fame pics from last year - a stunning location!

Ladies... wondering if you can help me out... our anniversary is coming up very fast (wow doesn't time fly) - does anyone know where I can get dried rose petals in town? I bought mine off ebay for our ceremony, but I've left things too late to trust that they'll arrive on time! TIA :D

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 am

callan's girl wrote:
Emma89 wrote:
callan's girl wrote:
So the day has come and gone! The honeymoon has come and gone! Now it's back to work to build up the bank balance haha..

The day was truly amazing! I loved every minute of it but I could not believe how quickly it went once it started! A truly memorable day!

Congrats. Im super keen to see some pics of ur day.

There is almost 2000 to go through so it may take me awhile - but here are 3 the photographer put up as a sneak peak on his page..

Oh WOW!!! So missed this!!! Congrats sweetheart - you looked absolutely amazing :D :heart:

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:54 am

drkreena wrote:
Leena's wedding was gorgeous!!! Still very jealous of your living lens video :heart:
Bandie - For Goldston house have a look at LHB85's S&T and hall of fame pics from last year - a stunning location!

Ladies... wondering if you can help me out... our anniversary is coming up very fast (wow doesn't time fly) - does anyone know where I can get dried rose petals in town? I bought mine off ebay for our ceremony, but I've left things too late to trust that they'll arrive on time! TIA :D

Maybe try some of the decorators in town ie Stylish Events and Hire (the ones in Allenstown)? I'm pretty sure I saw something similar in there when I was looking for something for my wedding - but I'm not 100% sure on that :)

PS Thanks! I love the photos! So happy with them!

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:08 pm

callan's girl wrote:
drkreena wrote:

Maybe try some of the decorators in town ie Stylish Events and Hire (the ones in Allenstown)? I'm pretty sure I saw something similar in there when I was looking for something for my wedding - but I'm not 100% sure on that :)

PS Thanks! I love the photos! So happy with them!

Thanks - I'd forgotten about them. I tried that Red Carpet events, but no luck - will see how I go :D

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:29 am

drkreena wrote:

Thanks!! :)

I bought my petals from judys wedding bouquets and they were good. Try the decorator places or even florists maybe?

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:35 am

Hi ladies, our anniversary is coming up very soon and we were thinking of gong to airlie beach for the weekend. Can anyone give me ideas of what to do there or other places that are close-ish to rockhamPton that we should go to instead? We both aren't fussed on where we go as long as it's nice and there's stuff to keep us entertained :)

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:39 am

leena wrote:
Hi ladies, our anniversary is coming up very soon and we were thinking of gong to airlie beach for the weekend. Can anyone give me ideas of what to do there or other places that are close-ish to rockhamPton that we should go to instead? We both aren't fussed on where we go as long as it's nice and there's stuff to keep us entertained :)

Agnes Water/ 1770 is closer

callan's girl
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:41 am

I've been wanting to plan a weekend to Airlie for us for a couple of weeks now haha - and this is getting to be the perfect weather for it! If you do end up going make sure you go on the boat cruise over to Whitehaven Beach for the day...

But yes if you wanted to stay close by Agnes Waters is really nice!

Bandie

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:35 pm

leena wrote:
I got married at ferns in byfield and it was beautiful! I did check out rainforest ranch and it was also nice, but wasn't quite what we were lOoking for. It's quite big overall, but the few spots that I would have had the ceremony were quite small- depends how many guests you are having. The peoPle were lovely tho! Good luck with everything :)

Ferns looks really nice too but maybe a bit too formal for me. I probably will check it out too because I don't really know what it's like, could be perfect for us. I like the idea of a very small wedding so rainforest ranch would be suitable in that aspect. I'm planning on making a day of it as soon as the weather warms up a bit and going around to check out a few venues. We went for a long walk through the botanic gardens the other weekend and it looks like a possibility too but I'd still need to find a reception venue.

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:33 am

Just want to say a big congratulations to Jill89 who got married on the weekend! Hope you had an amazing day!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.05