A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs - Part 3

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi girls :)

I got married almost 12 mths ago now but I'm hoping someone can help maybe, we used Donna Mitchell as our photographer and she was wonderful I love my photos,album and cake. But as part of our package we are to get a framed portrait which we are still waiting for. I was told we could expect to receive this in June. I have email Donna to see how the portrait was progressing and in response have been told she extremly busy or sick or starting next week but still nothing. Am I being impatient? I expect painting a portrait takes time and don't want to rush her but I'm not sure how long is long enough. What do you girls think??

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm

tea85 wrote:
Hi girls :)

I got married almost 12 mths ago now but I'm hoping someone can help maybe, we used Donna Mitchell as our photographer and she was wonderful I love my photos,album and cake. But as part of our package we are to get a framed portrait which we are still waiting for. I was told we could expect to receive this in June. I have email Donna to see how the portrait was progressing and in response have been told she extremly busy or sick or starting next week but still nothing. Am I being impatient? I expect painting a portrait takes time and don't want to rush her but I'm not sure how long is long enough. What do you girls think??

I am using here too!!! AGHHHH? I do understand that she is buy, but surley it doesnt take a year to get it done??

Did she do a good job of everything else???

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 pm

A year? that is ridiculous. I would be contacting her and saying it better be due in one month. Then you could always make a complaint with the dept of fair trading.

If any girls are looking for a cheap but good photographer- ours from the Gold Coast Carol Anne does half her weddings in Toowoomba and has an awesome package

http://www.carolanneleigh.com/

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 am

Kyles - I love my photos and my album and everyone complimented our cake. Donna is lovely this is my only complaint. Just seems to me it's a long time to be waiting. We were told originally June at the latest. I'm scared to be too pushy incase she just rushes it and it turns out horrible.

tea85
Forever His Lady
Forever His Lady

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:42 am

My photos are in the hall of fame if you'd like to see some of her work.

D&D weddings

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:06 pm

hi girls i have 2 flower urns needed tlc with old flowers will need some fresh flowers 2 to freshen up when re doing if interested first in will get them as i have stsrted on new ones. please pm if interested.
thanks dodie

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Not much happening on this post so thought I'd do an update. Just Over 3 weeks to go squee! Getting so excited and a little nervous too!

So been doing little things, like last groomsmen has been fitted for his suit, organising the flowers with our florist, talked to photographer again since hadn't spoken to her since January! got my dress fitted- needs to be taken in at the bust and the length taken up- but I am really happy with it- it is such a gorgeous dress.
My bridesmaids dresses are being fixed since they were too small despite being measured ( :( )

Been busy with some big things, like i got a mole removed from my arm, so hoping it heals in time, I am also in the middle of getting my teeth whitened- they are looking so good! highly recommend it for anyone with awful yellow teeth like mine were. The things we do for a wedding! well I had just put off those things for years so finally made the time (and money!)

Having my third bikini wax tomorrow- so hopefully starting to get used to it and not so painful! nah the first times weren't tooo bad. Been getting my nails done too since I want my natural nails.

It's all so funny since my Fh doesn't really have to do anything but shave and get a hair cut lol.

so all that is left is to get the food menu, order of service and place cards off to the printer, finalise seating plan, finalise music, our speech and thats about it! Then we can get married!!

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:09 pm

louise84 wrote:
Not much happening on this post so thought I'd do an update. Just Over 3 weeks to go squee! Getting so excited and a little nervous too!

So been doing little things, like last groomsmen has been fitted for his suit, organising the flowers with our florist, talked to photographer again since hadn't spoken to her since January! got my dress fitted- needs to be taken in at the bust and the length taken up- but I am really happy with it- it is such a gorgeous dress.
My bridesmaids dresses are being fixed since they were too small despite being measured ( :( )

Been busy with some big things, like i got a mole removed from my arm, so hoping it heals in time, I am also in the middle of getting my teeth whitened- they are looking so good! highly recommend it for anyone with awful yellow teeth like mine were. The things we do for a wedding! well I had just put off those things for years so finally made the time (and money!)

Having my third bikini wax tomorrow- so hopefully starting to get used to it and not so painful! nah the first times weren't tooo bad. Been getting my nails done too since I want my natural nails.

It's all so funny since my Fh doesn't really have to do anything but shave and get a hair cut lol.

so all that is left is to get the food menu, order of service and place cards off to the printer, finalise seating plan, finalise music, our speech and thats about it! Then we can get married!!

Lousie - NOT LONG TO GO!!!!How exciting for you honey!!! Hope all your plans are going well, and you arnt stressing too much xxx :heart:

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:41 am

Ah 9 days! starting to stress a little and have heaps of butterflies all the time and feel a little sick thinking about next weekend!
planning wise not much to do- just got to print stuff out and take it to the cultral centre on Monday. cant wait to be finished work for 3 weeks!

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 am

louise84 wrote:
Ah 9 days! starting to stress a little and have heaps of butterflies all the time and feel a little sick thinking about next weekend!
planning wise not much to do- just got to print stuff out and take it to the cultral centre on Monday. cant wait to be finished work for 3 weeks!

ALl the best Louises for the weekend honey!!! have an amazing day....cant wait to c some piccies xx

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 am

Thanks Kyles :D really looking forward to it now. can't wait to put up some pics

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Good luck on the weekend Louise! Can't wait to see your pics!

D&D weddings

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:14 pm

hay girls have some prizes left from the expo so if interestd please email me at dandwed1@dandweddingsandevents.com

happy planning
dodie

The_Future_Mrs_J
Mocha Madness
Mocha Madness

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 am

Hi Ladies :-)

It's been a little while since I posted on here but I've just started a new business in Toowoomba and I'm gving away a free session. I thought I'd ssee if any of the Wedding Central girls would be interested :D

There are no catches, it really is just free because I'm building up my portfolio. See details below. Good luck with your wedding plans!

Snapbooth is a new "open air" photobooth business operating in the Toowoomba area. In order to help build our portfolio we are offering our services to one event in January COMPLETELY FREE (normally valued at $495).

Includes:

*4 hours of coverage on location

*Unlimited images taken

*Onsite Photographer

*DVD of Hi-Resolution photos to the organiser

*On-site display of images taken

*Unlimited photo downloads from our web gallery for 21 days after the event

*Use of our "Prop Box" at the event

http://www.snapbooth.com.au

The event must be in the Toowoomba area with a minimum of 60 guests. Photos taken on the night are Copyright Snapbooth and may be used for marketing material. For more information, or if you are interested, please contact Christie at enquiries@snapbooth.com.au

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Damn wish I was getting married in jan and not 4 weeks ago!! Hope someone takes you up on your offer- a friend of mine actually mentioned you to me just the other day!

To those who wanted pics- brindabella gardens were amazing and my photographer carol-anne Leigh was fantastic, very affordable and travels to Toowoomba at no extra cost! http://www.carolanneleigh.com.au

dom and lou.JPG

us.JPG

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

louise84 wrote:
Damn wish I was getting married in jan and not 4 weeks ago!! Hope someone takes you up on your offer- a friend of mine actually mentioned you to me just the other day!

To those who wanted pics- brindabella gardens were amazing and my photographer carol-anne Leigh was fantastic, very affordable and travels to Toowoomba at no extra cost! http://www.carolanneleigh.com.au

dom and lou.JPG

us.JPG

How was your wedding Louise?

You look beautiful!

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:47 pm

It was amazing, everything went perfectly and it was so much fun! plus our honeymoon to Fiji was great. Hubby keeps saying 'can we get married again' would so do it if not for the money!

Plus I miss planning a wedding! for me it was fun, I never got stressed about the details just the speech lol!

So how are all your plans going Miss Yvette? tell me ALL about it!

jess8789

Wedding Dj's in Dalby?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi Girls,
I am getting married in Dalby and was wondering if anyone knows of any Dj's in Dalby. I don't really want to pay someone to travel to Dalby if I don't have too. Any advice or experience will be appreciated too!

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Sorry Jess I have no idea on DJ's in DAlby, but good luck with search!!

Louise you r a stunning bride, I love looking at your photos!! Can I ask where in FIGI did u go, thats where we are looking at.

Also, can any of you girls help me.....looking for a dressmaker to make BM dresses......anyone know of a good one??? :heart:

D&D weddings

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:51 pm

hi girls just letting you know that engaging affair 15th jan isn't going ahead but the 3rd jan 2012 in warwick and 15th oct 2012 in toowoomba still might just not by myself.
i have decide to have a break from the wedding industry for a while and will be selling off all cetre peices ect. so if you would like to save more for your big day please contact and make a time to have a look. i dont expect my stock to last very long with the prices i have on it. if you need help with learning how to do something your self or on a supplier for something let me know.
before rumours start my break is due to new adventures and my new life nothing else. any bookings inwhich i have will still get done by myself i would never just walk out on someone. even when all stock is gone i will only be a phone call or email away for you if required. i dont charge people to help or give advise.
for the ones that dont know the stock i have here are a few things. martini glass, bullet vase, photo frames,flower urns,cake toppers, wishing wells, flare bowls, mirrows and so much more so please contact if you would like to save.
thank you to all that have supported me over the years
and best of luck to you all
thanks
dodie
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24