A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs - Part 3

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:28 pm

D&D weddings wrote:
hi girls just letting you know that engaging affair 15th jan isn't going ahead but the 3rd jan 2012 in warwick and 15th oct 2012 in toowoomba still might just not by myself.
i have decide to have a break from the wedding industry for a while and will be selling off all cetre peices ect. so if you would like to save more for your big day please contact and make a time to have a look. i dont expect my stock to last very long with the prices i have on it. if you need help with learning how to do something your self or on a supplier for something let me know.
before rumours start my break is due to new adventures and my new life nothing else. any bookings inwhich i have will still get done by myself i would never just walk out on someone. even when all stock is gone i will only be a phone call or email away for you if required. i dont charge people to help or give advise.
for the ones that dont know the stock i have here are a few things. martini glass, bullet vase, photo frames,flower urns,cake toppers, wishing wells, flare bowls, mirrows and so much more so please contact if you would like to save.
thank you to all that have supported me over the years
and best of luck to you all
thanks
dodie

Hi Dodie,

I wish you all the best on your new adventures!!!
I would be interested in the mirrors...... how many do you have and what size, Also Martini glass(would it suit for lolli buffet?
Do you have any lollie scoops? Do you have letters, that make words like love, etc Any large easels, that would hold a signature frame, also do you have small square vases?

Also, If I can get your advice, I am having my reception at the Preston Manor, and we are wanting it to be a Cocktail reception, so wanting lounges, ottmans, couches, etc....... do you have any local contacts that hire this out...... I know of two places in Brisbane that do it.

Sorry for so many questions

Many Thanks
Kyles x

D&D weddings

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 pm

hi kyle yes i can help with just about all of that if you give me a call we can organise for you to have a look. yes the martini's are one of many i use in the buffet and we can go though the rest as well when we catch up.
thank you for the well wishes but dont forget im still here to help.
my number is 0438393824
thanks dodie

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:31 pm

I will give u a call tomorrow afternoon is that is ok? Thank u so much xx

D&D weddings

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 pm

call anytime if im not near the phone i will soon return all call asap
your welcome

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey Kyles we stayed at Matamanoa Island Resort, it is pretty afordable and we chose it because it is a honeymoon island as no kids under the age of 16 can stay. we got one.of the bure rooms which were gorgeous right there on the beach, but the cheaper garden roons look great too! we also got the half board meal package for a three course dinner every night, breaky is included already, we found we ate late breaky and early dinner and didnt need lunch! esp of you get snacks! also where ever you stay I recomend getting lots of duty free and buying mixes as the cocktails while yummy are a little exy. plus buy water before although they did give us water in the fridge every day and there was some by the pool.
with any island stay you have to go by boat and can often run late. usually with the flight time you will have to stay a night on the mainland - we stayed at the mecure which is at Nadi near the airport and is cheaper then the ones at port denaru, although that is where the boat leaves. some people get helicopter flights direct to avoid the extra night, but more expensive then
the boat. also make sure you say you are a honeymoon couple. we got a fruit platter, a bottle of winr and this awesome wood carving of our names that went on the door and we got to keep!
I def would recommend matamanoa!

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 pm

any girls frkm the area interested in buying four white barely uswd umbrella-parasols?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=131948&p=2109159#p2109159

D&D weddings

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm

hi girls just an update on the sales with my stock there isn't that much left so if your looking for a great deal and want to save some money please contact me
sorry but been having trouble with my phone so text messages are not coming though at the moment. or just contact me here or email dandwed1@dandweddingandevents.com dont forget advice and training is free so yet again if you need help with this feel free to contact me.
best of luck to you all
dodie

louise84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:34 am

Hey girls, i'm still selling four white umbrellas/parasols, they are really beautiful and I only got to use them for a few pics since we had fine weather, but they would be great rain or sun.
They cost $30 each so willing to sell for $20 (not including postage)
Cheers

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Hey girls, so ATouch of Romance is closing down... has anyone else ordered their dress from there and are worried your not going to get it???

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi Ladies,

Just looking to see if I might get lucky and find the person that bought this sample dress from A Touch of Romance (Toowoomba) in their closing down sale. I ordered this dress and have just recieved it and there a a few things different about it....but because the store is closed down and they no longer have the sample dress I can't prove that the fabrics etc are different. If you could help out at all that would be fantastic!!! I just need to take a look at it...and maybe take some photos. I know it's a long shot...but thought I would try!

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Carolyn,

It's sad about what happened with your dress. The one made for you is def different to the sample.
I drove past a Touch of Romance this morning. There are still dresses in the shop. The sample dress you are looking for might not have been sold, so you might be able to look in the window and see it, then try and get the lady to come down and show you, so you can see/feel the difference between the dresses.

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi miss-yvette83, thanks, but the sample is definately gone, I actually tried to buy it before the shop closed down, in case this happened or my dress didn't show up at all, but it had already been bought :(
I saw on the website this morning that they are re-opening in May!!!!! So don't know what the deal is with that... wether someone else has taken over or what!
Even with the photos she is swearing black & blue that they are the same! It's so frustrating! Everyone that has seen the photos has said that there is a notable difference - even the blokes at work!!

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:25 pm

That's interesting...maybe new owners.

Shame it was sold already. It def is different, my fiancé could tell the difference as well. If men notice, then it must be.

I hope you find the dress of your dreams eventually!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks miss-yvette83 - I totally agree - if men notice it - it must be different!!! Well I have decided to sell it - will probably take to long to go through the process with fair trading and I'm not guarunteed to get my money back anyway plus it costs money to put in a complaint! And since she is no longer in business they might not even bother with it - their main aim is to stop it from happening to others, so if she's not in business then they might decide its not worth it. I know a lot of people have said altough its different to what I ordered it is still a beautiful dress - I agree, it is, but I think it should be someone elses beautiful dress - it doesn't have the right feeling for me after all this drama.... so hopefully I can give someone their dream! So if you know of anyone size 6-8 who might want it please let them know :)

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:06 pm

What is everyone doing for wedding cars?

My dad is currently doing up his old Ford XK ute - wont be anything flashy, but it will be special, it's been around longer than I have - I learnt to drive in it. So I will be in that... but then I need cars for the rest of the bridal party. I was really wanting some old chevrolets or something like that. I have emailed a club, but they weren't very helpful... and it seems that most of them in clubs have special registration and can only do weddings and things for people related? Does anyone have any ideas who might have some cars like these?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:17 pm

PS. Does anyone know a panel beater who might be able to do a job on the side - we want to get dads ute painted while he's away and surprise him with it when he gets back, but are having trouble finding people that will do it/wont charge bucket loads to do it. I have found they either wont do old cars or they want around $12000 or more to do it!!!! We don't want it all flash or anything - just back to similar to original condition...

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 am

Hi Ladies.
My FH and I have just gotten engaged on our four and a half year anniversary. It is the second time we have been engaged however last time we had only been going out for 8 months and were very young and not ready so hopefully this time is completely different!

I am so excited to be back on WC and look forward to planning my wedding with you lovely ladies :D Even though I know exactly what I want and could have my wedding planning finished in a month if I could lol

Lanna

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:19 pm

HI girls,

I have just cancelled my wedding, and I have a few things for sale if any of you are interested.

I will get pictures to you in the next day or so.

I have:

Variety of Vases for lollie buffet x 15 - $100
Tongs and Scoops - $20
Lolly buffet containers(take home packs) clear x 90 - $50
Wedding Dress - Henry Roth - Julieanne - sz 10. - never worn, no alterations been made, bought $1200, sell $1000
Wedding Shoes - Keara Hamiltyn - Taylor - Ivory - sz 39, never worn, paid $189, sell $150
Wedding Clutch - Forever New, Ivory, very diamonti. paid $50.00, sell $40.00
Black Pashminas x 5 - Paid $20.00 sell $10.00 each
Black Clutches x 5 - all different styles, paid each between $30-$50, sell at $20 each
Iron on Transfers 3 x Bridesmaid, 1 x Matron of Honour, 1 x Junior Bridesmaid - $5.00 each
White Bird Cage - $20.00
2 x Cane white basket(was going to put in bathroom) - $10.00
Black Love Heart Chalk Board Sign - $20.00
Balli things to put in vases - x 8 - $15.00
Diamonties - $5.00
Signature Photo Frame - $30.00
Lolli Buffet sign - black and red - $10.00
Bride and Groom Ring Bear(instead of wedding pillow) - $40.00 for pair.

I do have a lot of these pictures in my slow and tell.

Am happy to deliver to anywhere in towoomba, feel free to contact/text me on mobile 0488191995

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

BUMP BUMP BUMP *******************************************************************************************************
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME DIRECTLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY - AND I CAN EMAIL YOU THRU PICTURES.

HI girls,

I have just cancelled my wedding, and I have a few things for sale if any of you are interested.

I will get pictures to you in the next day or so.

I have:

Variety of Vases for lollie buffet x 15 - $100
Tongs and Scoops - $20
Lolly buffet containers(take home packs) clear x 90 - $50
Wedding Dress - Henry Roth - Julieanne - sz 10. - never worn, no alterations been made, bought $1200, sell $1000
Wedding Shoes - Keara Hamiltyn - Taylor - Ivory - sz 39, never worn, paid $189, sell $150
Wedding Clutch - Forever New, Ivory, very diamonti. paid $50.00, sell $40.00
Black Pashminas x 5 - Paid $20.00 sell $10.00 each
Black Clutches x 5 - all different styles, paid each between $30-$50, sell at $20 each
Iron on Transfers 3 x Bridesmaid, 1 x Matron of Honour, 1 x Junior Bridesmaid - $5.00 each
White Bird Cage - $20.00
2 x Cane white basket(was going to put in bathroom) - $10.00
Black Love Heart Chalk Board Sign - $20.00
Balli things to put in vases - x 8 - $15.00
Diamonties - $5.00
Signature Photo Frame - $30.00
Lolli Buffet sign - black and red - $10.00
Bride and Groom Ring Bear(instead of wedding pillow) - $40.00 for pair.

I do have a lot of these pictures in my slow and tell.

Am happy to deliver to anywhere in towoomba, feel free to contact/text me on mobile 0488191995

MissAleisha

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi girls my is aleisha and I recently got engaged !! My partner and I live in toowoomba and would love to get married here we are looking at tiring the knot next September ...this is because I am in my final year of UNI studying nursing. Can anyone help me in regards to finding a reception venue... We are going to have approx 80 guests and would like a Buffett option. We have been to a few places and have our eye on platform 9 ATM ...we love old buildings ( my partner is a carpenter) .. What are your suggestions on finding the right venue and is there places you would recommend ?? :) thanks
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09