A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MissAleisha

Re: Toowoomba & Darling Downs - Part 3

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks for the info!! My partner and I went out there today it is exactly what we want ...:) I am in love all over again:) it isn't available for the date we had in min but that dosnt matter we are going to call next week and. Organize to have the ceremony and reception there.the catering is done by kingfisher cafe on spring st and is quite well priced $60 for Buffett or $55 for two courses! So we are happy with that just need to get a vacancy around end of september or October next year:)I'm so excited fingers crossed we get it!

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:56 pm

MissAleisha wrote:
Thanks for the info!! My partner and I went out there today it is exactly what we want ...:) I am in love all over again:) it isn't available for the date we had in min but that dosnt matter we are going to call next week and. Organize to have the ceremony and reception there.the catering is done by kingfisher cafe on spring st and is quite well priced $60 for Buffett or $55 for two courses! So we are happy with that just need to get a vacancy around end of september or October next year:)I'm so excited fingers crossed we get it!

Yes we have also booked our wedding and reception at Preston mnor and chapel. I used the work with Jason (runner of the manor) and he said it is mostly booked out for 2013 that is why we opted for April 2014 wedding.

83bride

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Does anyone know of any make up artists and hairstylists in toowoomba that they could recommend?

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:12 am

83bride wrote:
Does anyone know of any make up artists and hairstylists in toowoomba that they could recommend?

Maybe try Marley Hammond MUA - her work is great - she works at Urban Highlights - they could do your hair for you - they also do really nice work.

http://www.marleyhammond.com/
http://www.urbanhi-lights.com/

Have a look at their facebook pages too...they have more pics on there :D

MissAleisha

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:02 pm

i booked preston manor and chapel today!!! :) 28 september 2013!!! im so excited

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Very exciting Aleisha!
I am also getting married at Preston, but on 1st December 2012. Isn't it the perfect place!
I live that we can have the ceremony, photographs and reception all in the one place!

MissAleisha

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Yvette that was my same thought and I like the idea that it is out of town too:) be sure to post your tips on saving money and what has worked for you aswell...I have just filled out the paperwork for the chapel and will be seeing Jason tomorrow. To sign for the manor...it s exciting but nerve racking I keep thinking of how much it will cost but then I think it is alot cheaper than most places on the coast or hinterland...I'm.really going to try and do as much as possible myself...:)

MissAleisha

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 pm

New bride I have heard that analeise designs is very good she has a salon in the Australia arcade. On Ruthven st an also a Facebook page I recently discovered her as my new fav hairdresser an she is so lovely!!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi Jemma! Welcome!

I am heading to the expo, I too have found them not to be too helpful (mostly because I have had most things organised), but there's free stuff to be won!! Plus, I'm having my reception at the Highfields Cultural Centre and need to see them... so I thought I'd do it all in one trip.

I'm having Marley Hammond to do my make-up - her work looks really great. She's also doing spray tans & mani's & pedi's for us. :)

http://www.marleyhammond.com/

Where are you getting married? Have you set a date?

Lanna_88
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Nickncarolyn,
I have just had a look at Marley's portfolio- she looks great!!! Do you how much she charges??

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Lanna_88 wrote:
Hi Nickncarolyn,
I have just had a look at Marley's portfolio- she looks great!!! Do you how much she charges??

I can't remember exactly how much everything was but I'm getting 5 x airbrush makeup, medi's & pedi's, 4 x spray tans and a trial for under $900.

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Great weekend of wedding stuff!
Went to the Highfields Expo yesterday with FH. We talked to the djs, suit hire and jewellers. This made FH keen to go and look at wedders at Grand Central...after an hour he had found 'the one', he was very excited and very cute! It's a tungsten ring with silver and diamonds. Only $679
I chose a Contour band with diamonds that matches well with my ER and was on sale for $849 reduced for $1249! Gotta love EOFY sales!
Today was Bridesmaid dress shopping in Brisbane. One of my bridesmaids had already been doing a bit of research and found a dress at Sunnygirl at Garden City. We went and tried that one on first. Only $150! The store does copies of other dresses. But I was ok with that because I was able to feel the material and both of the girls felt really comfortable which Is the most important!
We then tried Chermside and Bella Donna. But ended up going back to the first one. Very happy!

I'll be putting up pics in my show and tell tomorrow!

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 am

Very exciting miss-yvette83 !!! The expo was pretty good wasn't it!

Does anyone anywhere in/near Highfields for great photos? We're looking for something with a country/rustic/rural kind of feel. We went and checked out the Pioneer Village the other day, but it just wasn't quite right..... there was probably only 3 really good photo ops and everything else was pretty messy/overgrown. We're looking for maybe a set of yards and olds sheds and/or stables/barn/woolshed and some wide open spaces with just grass/crop and maybe a nice old house or something.. these are the kind of photos I love... this is what I'm aiming for...

nickncarolyn1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 am

Hi Ladies, I'm not sure about the rules on here and if I am allowed to do this or not...so Mods feel free to delete this post. Just wanted to let the Toowoomba girls know that I'm selling my Maggie Sottero dress - it hasn't been worn, I've changed my mind about it... as gorgeous as it is it's not really 'me'. So if anyone is interested please PM me and I'll give you all the details. Here's a pic of the dress from the MS site.

FOR SALE

MissAleisha

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:25 pm

hello ladies so after booking my wedding and reception with preston manor and chapel for end of semester the manager rang me and sadly the date was already booked...lol...oops for them (got a great discount from the mishap) but all has worked out we are now getting married saturday 12th october 2013..im excited..i am wondering about some advice when it comes to planning the whole day..does anyone have tips on business that they have had great success with such as for your cake and flowers? there is so much to do..it will be good though as i have plenty of time to plan and save..:)

pwhinder

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi

83bride

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi Toowoomba brides

Just wondering who everyone is using for their invitations? Has anyone ever used or heard of Simply Elegant Invitations?

MissAleisha

Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:40 pm

I am doing my own invitations to save on costs. Not sure of places to recommend as I havnt looked. How about wedding entertainment in toowoomba I really don't know where to start! Any ideas for local singers

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi Ladies,

How are things going for everyone? I have had a very busy week of wedding stuff. There is just over 3 months until my wedding day YAY!

Last Saturday we had tasted our wedding menu at Kingfisher Cafe. We were very happy with the choice of food. So we met with the chef on Friday afternoon and asked a few questions about our options. He was happy for us to give the guests the meal options on their RSVPs so we can tell them exact numbers of each meal they need to provide. It just means a bit of extra work on my side of things, when we do the seating plan I have to put what meals each guest is having, which isn't too much trouble. I would rather my guests get to choose what they want to eat.

So Friday night I ordered our invites and RSVP cards. I got express post so that they arrive this week and I can post them next week. Then I realised I was missing a few things on there (dress code, no children etc). So I have made up an A4 sheet of information to go with the invites. I will just get some nice paper and print these out at work. The same with the wishing well card. I will do that on some nice paper at work too. I just need to wait for the invites to arrive this week so I know what size to print things off.

Yesterday we went shopping at DFO while we were in Brisbane, trying to find FH some leather soled shoes for the wedding so that he can dance in them. It was very hard to find any. I think there were 3 pairs in the whole centre, but we didnt like any of the styles so we have to keep looking.

I did manage to get 3 matching clutches for my MOH, bridesmaid and myself, so I was pretty happy with that.

All the pics are in my show and tell if you want to go and look.

MissAleisha

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:23 am

hello everyone i am looking for a Hair and Makeup person for our wedding next year my hairdresser is already busy that date..:(my hairdresser is Ana from Analeise Designs so any other suggestions would be great i would prefer someone that travels to you and can do both the hair and makeup..also i want to have a combi van for our wedding car any ideas where to start ?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16