A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

ellymack
Topic Author

Any Queanbeyan Weddings??

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi, I live in North Qld and planning to get married in Queanbeyan NSW. Any brides who had their wedding there, i would love to get any ideas and recommendations as theres not alot on the net..it seems all the info is Canberra related.

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Any Queanbeyan Weddings??

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey :)

I was originally planning on getting married in Queanbeyan until FH and I moved out of Canberra. I don't know what kind of wedding you've got in mind, but I was really keen on the Goolabri Country Resort (http://www.goolabri.com.au/) as it has this great country-club feel to it, and I loved the idea that we could do the ceremony, reception and guest accommodation all in the one spot. It's about a 10-15min drive out of Queanbeyan, but it's definitely worth checking out if you can.

ellymack
Topic Author

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Hey Ashie, I have looked into Goolabri, there seemed to be alot of rules and regulations which made me feel a bit restricted and it put me off a bit but ordered an info pack from them anyway. I was thinking a short but sweet outdoor ceremony in a nice park or garden in Queanbeyan than a huge reception where everyone can have a really good time.

Butterfly_Dreaming
A Farmers Wife
A Farmers Wife

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Are you still looking for ideas in Queanbeyan??

The Queanbeyan Roo's club hold many wedding receptions there and from what I hear they are a decent price.

I used to live in Queanbeyan many many years ago and the Roo's club is a nice club that has been recently renovated.

Not sure where else you may of looked, but if you would like to more about whats in Queanbeyan - I'd be more the happy to help where I can :)

michaelbarring

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:58 pm

I’ve been following your post for a month or so and have picked up a ton of excellent information and enjoyed the method you have structured your site.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39