A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Leit
I survived and got married

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:31 pm

FH has lived in Brisbane all his life and I have been here for 6 years.Our wedding is at Brett's Wharf at Hamilton (both ceremony and reception).

H
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Hi Brissie Girls :D

I was born in Newcastle but been in Qld since i was 6.
FH born and bred in Logan.
We have 1 girl and 1 boy from my previous relationship.

Our wedding will be in Hillcrest with the reception at Browns Plains Hotel, tight budget and keeps it close to home :wink:

neiliz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Cheap,creative reception ideas????

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:49 am

Hi all, does anyone have any great ideas, experience in having a cheap but nice reception. I'm not a fancy girl, a nice outdoor marquee in a park's a nice idea, as I have friends who are fab cooks, but what do you do about alcohol in public places?
What do people say

NismoGirl
Mummy to gorgeous puppies
Mummy to gorgeous puppies

Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:23 pm

We are having our ceremony in the rotunda at Newstead Park and then we aren't sure about the reception. It will either be at a steak house or a marquee in my FPIL tennis court.

aceahearts
Princess La La
Princess La La

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:00 pm

Can I join in too?? Even though I'm already married? Hopefully I can give you girls some tips for your days!

rach_83
Won't you take me to funky town
Won't you take me to funky town

Brisvegas!!

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:31 am

I am a brisvegas girl-born in NSW (central coast) but called
brisvegas home at the age of 6. FH from similar area & came to
brissy when he was 13.

Our wedding will be at Montville (one of our favourite places)
hopefully in time for our 10th Anniversary (of our first kiss).
Keeping all wedding plans underwraps for as long as I can
bear it so this forum is my only outlet for discussing all things
'wedding'!!

smoochy
Pucker up
Pucker up

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi Bethwana

We've got Victoria Park booked for our reception. We had a look around and although the outside of the building isn't anything special to look at the room we're having is perfect for us: right size, dance floor, bar area and outside patio area - overlooking the city. The staff there have been helpful so far.

jbkgal
Blondes have more fun
Blondes have more fun

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:53 pm

I love Vic Park. I would have loved to have our reception in the Marquee there but they were booked on our date plus a good friend is getting married there the month after us so it didn't seem fair to them to book our reception there.
I haven't actually been to a wedding there (sorry I know that is what you asked) but we hold all our work functions there (which I organise) and the staff are great - nothing is too much trouble and very helpful. I think it's a beautiful spot.

lincar13
Purple Power
Purple Power

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Brisvegas girls

There is a WC meet up on Sunday 19th November at Newstead Park, lunch time. Thread is below. Please join up if you can make it!

viewtopic.php?t=60104

bombdiggity

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:16 pm

Hi, Brisbane born, brought up in SE Asia, back to Brisbane. FH went to my father's school - errrk - and it was my brother school as well. Dirty little Churchie boys!! :lol:

We're having our ceremony and reception poolside at the Riverview Hotel at Hamilton (ex Power House Boutique Hotel). My sister got married there and it's just gorgeous.

lincar13
Purple Power
Purple Power

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:42 pm

bombdiggity wrote:
Hi, Brisbane born, brought up in SE Asia, back to Brisbane. FH went to my father's school - errrk - and it was my brother school as well. Dirty little Churchie boys!! :lol:

We're having our ceremony and reception poolside at the Riverview Hotel at Hamilton (ex Power House Boutique Hotel). My sister got married there and it's just gorgeous.

We (including bride and groom) stayed at that hotel on the night of my sister's wedding. She got married at Newstead Park and had her reception at Brett's Wharf.

Riverview Hotel is in a great location.

We stayed in the pool suite the night before the wedding. Got dressed and madeup etc there the morning and had our photos taken in there. Was a great day (I was a bridesmaid).

You will have a great wedding.

jbkgal
Blondes have more fun
Blondes have more fun

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:57 pm

lincar13 wrote:
Brisvegas girls

There is a WC meet up on Sunday 19th November at Newstead Park, lunch time. Thread is below. Please join up if you can make it!

viewtopic.php?t=60104

Bummer :( would love to come along and meet everyone but I can't that day. Oh well...next time.

bombdiggity

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:04 am

Getting hitched the day before...oh well, maybe next time.

JRM 74

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:23 am

jbkgal wrote:
lincar13 wrote:
Brisvegas girls

viewtopic.php?t=60104

Bummer :( would love to come along and meet everyone but I can't that day. Oh well...next time.

Same for me unfortunatley :( Hubby's work Xmas do is on the 18th up in Toowoomba and we're staying up there that night. Won't be in any fit state to drive back to Bris til at least lunch time on the 19th LOL!!! :D

Neetles
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:18 pm

I'm from Brisbane an am Getting Married at Boulevard Gardens at Indooroopilly :D

Neetles
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:21 pm

I'm Brisbane born and bred, FH is from Redcliffe - We are having it in brisbane because of the simple fact that he has 30 guests i have 60 who are all on the southside.

Biccie

Bretts Wharf

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:05 pm

Hi! You mentioned that your sisters wedding reception was at Bretts Wharf. We are looking at there for ours - and was wanting some feedback on it from someone who's been there done that.

I have heard that their food portions are rather small for the price you pay. I wouldn't mind so much except for the $11,000 minimum food & beverage spend - if I am paying that much for it I'd like to know I'm getting value fo rmoney.

Any thoughts?

Cheers - Biccie

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:53 pm

Hi Biccie and welcome to WC... my cousin got married there last year, apparently it was lovely, but that's coming from some very biased family members who would say it was lovely even if it was crap. Sorry can't help you out there.. I didn't go to the reception!

Lee-Lee

Re: Bretts Wharf

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:01 pm

Biccie wrote:
I have heard that their food portions are rather small for the price you pay. I wouldn't mind so much except for the $11,000 minimum food & beverage spend - if I am paying that much for it I'd like to know I'm getting value fo rmoney.

Any thoughts?

Cheers - Biccie

I have heard exactly the same thing about this place.

We got married in August at Clear Mountain in Brisbane-both ceremony and reception. We couldn't recommend them enough, the place was great.

smoochy
Pucker up
Pucker up

Re: Bretts Wharf

Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:35 pm

Biccie wrote:
Hi! You mentioned that your sisters wedding reception was at Bretts Wharf. We are looking at there for ours - and was wanting some feedback on it from someone who's been there done that.

Any thoughts?

Cheers - Biccie

I went to a wedding there about three years ago. The wedding was lovely but I would agree that the food portions were stingy. I was still hungry after the food. Admitedly I hadn't eaten much that day because I wanted to look nice in my dress and not have a big tummy but it sticks in my mind how little food there was.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12