A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi DeeKellie and welcome to WC & the Brisbane thread!

I'm getting married at Scarborough! At Sunset Blue Function Centre, Morgans Seafood!!! Our date is 27th June 2008!

Hi Mlleres.... welcome! When and where are you getting married???

deekellie

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi Bridemissy!

Thanks for the welcome. I have heard Morgan's is really nice. Are you having your photos down that way too? I am hopefully having mine in the Redcliffe Botantic Gardens. It is all getting very exciting!! :P

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:24 pm

Yeah we'll be having our pics down that way too. Was thinking along the water somewhere and also some at the Marina where Morgans is. Not sure of other nice places there... I'm from the southside (think Logan/Beenleigh area) so don't know much up that way. Can you suggest some nice places???

mlleres

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:30 pm

Hello! Thanks for the welcome. We're getting hitched on 18th August 07 at Beaumont House (Ceremony & Reception). If anyone has any feedback about Beaumont I would love to hear.

All very exciting.. but I am starting to get a little on the stressed side.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:41 pm

mlleres wrote:

Hello! Thanks for the welcome. We're getting hitched on 18th August 07 at Beaumont House (Ceremony & Reception). If anyone has any feedback about Beaumont I would love to hear.

All very exciting.. but I am starting to get a little on the stressed side.

I have just had a look at their website... looks gorgeous! I haven't heard of it before or been there, so can't give you any feedback on it sorry. I can understand why you're getting a little stressed... our original date was the 17th of August 07 and we were just getting nowhere so put it back to June 08!

Have you got colours/themes and all that worked out yet?

Abbie

Hey Mlleres

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:50 am

I just got married but I'm hooked on this site. Beaumont House is great. They have a new girl up there - Bianca and shes really switched on. My friend just got married there and Brisbane Wedding Decorators did almost everything in the package. You should see their showroom - unfrigginbelievable!!! The lady there - Emma was fantastic - I was BM at the wedding. I used BWD as well. Check em out. :D

Kerryanne
Life's Too Short To Play Bad Music
Life's Too Short To Play Bad Music

Gig near You

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi everyone!

Just letting you know that I have 3 Singer/Karaoke gigs on the 17, 18 and 19 of February from 7.30pm-10.30pm if anyone is interested in having a great night out while checking out some possible entertainment for your wedding in Toowoomba, Brisbane, Gold Coast or surrounding areas.

The gigs are at "QUE HUONG" 139 Darra Station Road, Darra QLD 4076
just north of Ipswich, just south of Brisbane. It will be to celebrate the Chinese New Year.

Kerryanne

Andie1983
Soon you can call me MRS Woody...

Bretts Wharf

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:10 pm

Hey Ladies

Has anyone been to the River room at Bretts Wharf? Or the Boardwalk Tavern @ Hope Island (on the way to the gold coast)? Any thoughts on either place? they are my final 2 choices...

Andie :lol:

Biccie

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:30 am

Hi Andi,

I have booked the River Room for my reception in October. I am a little apprehensive about it though. My FH pushed to have it there and I gave in, so we'll see.

I cant really give you any info on it yet I'm afraid. How many are you having at your wedding? When is it?

Andie1983

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:00 am

Hey,

we are looking at having 120-140 ppl at our wedding. And it is not until Oct 08 but I live in mackay at the moment and am trying to get things organised from a distance (very hard).

What was it about the place that you were a little concerned about? What other places had you narrowed it down to?

Andie

sweetpea_delight
Mikey's Mrs
Mikey's Mrs

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:09 pm

Andie do you have any where in mind... Suburb?

sweetpea_delight
Mikey's Mrs
Mikey's Mrs

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:10 pm

deekellie wrote:
Hey Brides to be!

I am getting married on 6th October 2007, ceremony at The Uniting Church, Redcliffe and the reception at the Redcliffe Golf Club. Getting very excited about it all. Can't wait to marry my man!! :D

My Brother and Sister law had there reception there it was brilliant... great food, great service and awesome photo op's

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:47 pm

Hey sweetpea... when you say photo ops, was that general Redcliffe or at the church and golf club? We're getting married up that way and was wondering where to have our pics. Our reception is at Morgans Seafood.

Are any of the Brissie girls going to the Ideal Bridal expo on this weekend? It's at RNA Showgrounds. FH and I are going (have to take the kids with us though - no babysitter) and then when we're finished dragging them around the wedding expo - we're going to Southbank for a swim :D

sweetpea_delight
Mikey's Mrs
Mikey's Mrs

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:54 pm

I meant the golf club but there are heaps of nice beaches there.... there a nice park near morgans... the botanical gardens...they have the redcliffe jetty

What kind of back grounds and things are you looking for?

sweetpea_delight
Mikey's Mrs
Mikey's Mrs

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:56 pm

no im not going to expo i try to stay away from them... to many options they just confuse me

but ive only got 4 mths to go ive already decided on everything..... FH would kill me if i starts changing my mind :wink:

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:29 am

What kind of back grounds and things are you looking for?

He wants beach/water pics.... I want more arty stuff like in front of a brick wall/building etc... hmm - yeah lol, dunno how to explain it.

I saw a pic once of a couple standing in front of this huge dirty old looking building/brick wall and it was a tall shot... above where they were kissing was written "xxxx loves xxxx" and it was gorgeous!!! That's the kind of pics I want.

I love going to the expos and looking at all the stuff lol. And the ones where they have cake testings are good too lol. We've only booked venue and photographer so I'm still open to plenty of ideas :D . Have heaps in my head and on paper - but willing to reconsider lol

gnathoven
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:51 am

BrideMissy wrote:
I saw a pic once of a couple standing in front of this huge dirty old looking building/brick wall and it was a tall shot... above where they were kissing was written "xxxx loves xxxx" and it was gorgeous!!! That's the kind of pics I want.

My photographer has mentioned the powerhouse museum for the industrial kind of shots. I have never seen it so I'm not really that much help though. Have you seen any photos taken there?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:41 am

gnathoven wrote:
BrideMissy wrote:

My photographer has mentioned the powerhouse museum for the industrial kind of shots. I have never seen it so I'm not really that much help though. Have you seen any photos taken there?

I've also heard people talking about pics taken at the Powerhouse. I haven't seen any though. I don't even know where it is.... will have to do some research! Thanks gnathoven!

MrsWard
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:55 am

Powerhouse is in New Farm, at the back end of New Farm Park, accessible by car from Lamington Street. Gorgeous building, really does make for nice industrial type photos - the magazine I used to publish had a launch party there and our photos from the night look awesome! Plus there's the park for great outdoor shots as well.

http://www.brisbanepowerhouse.com.au

sweetpea_delight
Mikey's Mrs
Mikey's Mrs

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:16 am

then i would suggest the Redcliffe jetty area... big sandy beach, jetty a few parks and there is a big stone wall you can get some pics infront of... plus theres the man made lagoon and buildings around there

plus the police building and to the left of the police station there are some huge old trees that look really cool

have you been up there yet to have a look round?
GZIP: On