A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Thanks Julz. I'll check it out. Officeworks is just down the road so I might get there this weekend.

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:00 pm

roberta2000 wrote:
The little bags sound nice, Frenzal. How many is she making? Enough for all the ladies to take one, maybe?You could try clear plastic to hold them up then you would still be able to see through them.

Plastic is an awesome idea! She was initially told it would have to be at least 60 as that was how many guests we wanted... the list has almost grown to 80 now though, so lets hope we get some declines! If we where doing them for favors, I would ensure there was a bag for each person.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:09 pm

Frenzal, years ago my Gran used to make crotched swans out of white crochet cotton, it was quite thin, she would then soak it in a solution that I know contained sugar and when dry, the swans could hold their shape and stay upright. I can see if I can find the method for you if you like? They would end up looking like little baskets though, would that be ok?

my question is Stradbroke Island.....has anyone had any experience in organising a wedding there? If so.....your comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Danni, where abouts on Stradbroke Island are you thinking? I've only been out there once, to An Island Hideaway and I was not impressed at all, however, apparently new owners have taken over since we were out there.

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:16 pm

^^ That sounds like a really good idea! I just had a quick look for the method in google but couldn't find any. Apparently this friend of FMILs really loves crouching so ill ask her if she know how to do it. If not Ill be asking you to find out how. :D

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:55 pm

No worries Frenzal..... but, I just had a quick google and found this page.... there is HEAPS of ways how to do it!!!

Maybe have a practice run on just one and see how it goes? I reckon this one sounds pretty easy. I just read somewhere that you shouldn't use the sugar one as eventually it breaks down and can attract ants and the like.

Glue & Water Recipe
Mix togethere equal portions of glue and water. Dip piece in solution and gently squeeze out excess being careful not to twist or wring the piece. Shape according to pattern instructions.

Results
A permanent finish with a plastic like feel. Great for items such as angels, baskets etc. With a great deal of care and work, solution can be washed out.

http://www.crochetmemories.com/crochet8.php

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:54 pm

Thanks for that BM! Have bookmarked the page. :D

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:59 pm

ok so i have 6 mths and everythign is done.. yet i keep getting this horrible feeling that with only 6 mths to go i dont have time to get things ready.. last time i hit the 6 mth mark i postponed it by 7 mnths lol..becasue i didnt htink i had time to pay for it..even though i did.. wonder if its just a nervous thing..

im just a worry wart...

anyone else get this feeling

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi, I haven't been here for a while.:oops:

I took my dress to the dressmaker last week and she is going to alter to laceup back and it'll cost about $150.I have to go back for a fitting in Jan.I'm soo excited to try it on.

Have been getting lots done.
So far, We have paid for our venue,music,daiquiri machine,celebrant,my jewellery,(cant think of anything else at the moment).
I have my makeup trial next saturday,I'm soo excited!(yes,im easily excitable). :lol:

Um what else....oh our invites are getting printed and will be back on wednesday so we'll be sending them out next thurs.YAY!! Bit scary though

Ok,I'm done now.Sorry for raving.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:59 pm

kiwicolz wrote:
ok so i have 6 mths and everythign is done.. yet i keep getting this horrible feeling that with only 6 mths to go i dont have time to get things ready.. last time i hit the 6 mth mark i postponed it by 7 mnths lol..becasue i didnt htink i had time to pay for it..even though i did.. wonder if its just a nervous thing..

im just a worry wart...

anyone else get this feeling

Oh I definitely know how you're feeling... this is the closest I've been without changing the date too LOL>... we got to 9 mths out and I freaked and put it back 10 months LOL

We've gotten a few more things done today!

Got the boys beer glasses from Fellas Gifts. Greg wanted NRL beer steins for him and his GM.... and he found matching hiball glasses too - so we got them as well... put them on layby, will pick them up in a couple of weeks.

Laybyd the Jnr BM and FG jewellery at Kleins. Got them a really nice set of heart necklace and matching earrings... the Jnr BM ones were $30 a set and the Fg ones were $20 a set. I asked about the "bridal discount" they told me about when I bought my necklace and she said they can't do that anymore and the most she can give me off them was 30% BARGAIN!!! thank you!! :lol: Soooo... if you've still gotta get your jewellery - make sure you ask about it :lol:

Dusk... OMG I love this place.... I went in today and ordered the rest of my flowers.... I pick them all up on Monday and all 6 bouquets will cost me less than $150!!!! frikkin awesome!!! TYVM!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Ohhhh and wedding perfume.... I'm wearing the new Gwen Stefani - it's gorgeous!!!!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:34 pm

Oh goo dstuff BM i didnt realise Dusk did flowers as well..

i think the perfume im goign to wear is either davidof cool waters, FH adores that on me, or i have found another one called pleasure intense by estae laudre (sp)

im going to have to sell my Flwoer girls dresses and buy nes ones cause i brought htem a while ago and now they are the wrong colour lol so silly

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:52 pm

LOL you poor thing.... hopefully they'll sell quickly!

Yeah Dusk do flowers.... only red and cream roses - either half open bud or open rose. Then they have white lilies and a few other flowers in different colours. They're all discounted at the moment.

My FH adores Gwen Stefani and has been waiting for her perfume to come to Australia LOL. Found it today at both the Perfume Connection and Myer and we both love it... so the decision was made for me LOL... luckily it smells nice on me.

Danni
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:22 am

my question is Stradbroke Island.....has anyone had any experience in organising a wedding there? If so.....your comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Danni, where abouts on Stradbroke Island are you thinking? I've only been out there once, to An Island Hideaway and I was not impressed at all, however, apparently new owners have taken over since we were out there.[/quote]

thanks for that :) after some in depth discussion we have diced the idea of straddy, now looking closer to home and on the mainland...we have a couple of rellies who are not keen on boats so they really were not fussed on the idea of travelling over to the island...that's okay though....there are heaps of possibilites around here locally :)

although we do really need to pick somewhere...after more discussions, we are now looking at getting married in April, maybe May 8O which is not too fary away

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:44 pm

I feel like banging my head on a wall... we went out this morning to find a place for our guests to be picked up from and dropped off. We're getting a nice big coach and we need a place where a coach can fit. We're not from Brisbane so its very frustrating!!!

If i was back in perth i could name 5 places right now..... i really need to get this coach booked but without a point of pick up etc i cant :(

Think this is the only thing about wedding that is giving me grey hairs (not literally hehehe)

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:43 pm

have you thought about a school perhaps.. otherwise i would just find a hotel in the city that way eveyone has the choice to either stay at that hotel or one closer by.

damn it now you have me thiking... lol we have our coach booked for redcliffe jetty... but there isnt alot of accommodation out here so guests might prefer to stay out in the city.. hmmmm i might have to rethink this..

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:49 pm

what about Roma st? At either the transit centre or behind it at the parklands.
I't's the only place i can think of that is really central and accessable.
FH is so funny i asked him of a good spot and he's racking his brain coz he feel's like he needs to help out my fellow WCer's. :lol:

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:54 pm

Awwww isnt he sweet.

We went to Roma St Parklands but we found there wasnt much room for coach... unless we were in wrong part... also we want the option of maybe having some drinks at drop off point... we were thinking Port Office Hotel... but isnt any room for a coach etc

brideCilla
Now A Mrs
Now A Mrs

Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:15 pm

Have you asked the bus company that you are booking through ??

They might have 'their ideal' drop off and pick up spots in the CBD.

Surely they would know where they can park in and around the CBD safely.

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:20 pm

There's a pub at the transit centre.I'm sure you could have the coach there upstairs in the coach terminal.http://www.brisbanetransitcentre.com.au
I have also seen coaches waiting around at
Southbank.Near where the fountain used to be.
There is the plough inn pub at south bank for drinks??

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:17 pm

I was thinking of Southbank too, near the fountain (between Southbank and the Performing Arts Centre)

Danni.... have you thought about looking up Redcliffe way? There's some gorgeous views up there. We're getting married up there too (we're from Marsden) and our Reception is booked for Morgans http://www.morganseafood.com.au
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27