A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Josky
Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:48 pm

I am a north brissy bride too.... We are getting hitched at shorncliffe IN 6 MONTHS TODAY!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look-here-tay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:25 pm

I am from Ipswich and am getting married on 1st November 2008. We have booked the Brothers Leagues Club for our reception and are thinking of Kholo Gardens for the ceremony and photos (its really nice out there). Has anyone else had there wedding ceremony at Kholo Gardens? What did you think? Its crazy because everywhere is booked for our date already 8O

Josky
Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith

Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:40 pm

good no!!!!

I booked one about 18 months out. Things book so quickly depending on what you want...

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:06 pm

Don't know about Kholo gardens, but Broncos Leagues is BEAUTIFUL!

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:04 am

So, should we start a "Brisbane - Part 2" thread, or keep this one going?

H
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:07 am

I didnt have my wedding there but Kholo gardens is absolutely gorgeous, i say go for it. If i was still living in ippy, i would of got married there ;)

Brothers leagues also has a great function room, good choice and good luck.

Julz_m

Cheap Hair & Make Up?

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:30 pm

I'm so sorry I know this hair & make up question has been asked a lot. I really have done an extensive search.

Can anyone recommend good cheap hair & make up people around Brisbane?

I see a lot of people are using Sarah Laidlaw for quality but someone quoted she's $85 just for make up.

I'm only just starting out here but surely there must be others who are great quality at a cheaper price?

Thanks so much in advance.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:17 pm

Julz, I'd love to know that too! I don't wanna pay that much for makeup, I'd do it myself, but don't know how to apply it properly :lol:

Well girls, I picked up all my flowers today!

Shirls84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:25 pm

look here - kholo is very nice, we went looking there about a month ago and saw three weddings around the place and they looked great! We nearly went there but as we think we want some city background shots we decided to go to mtcootha botanical gardens instead. But still coming back to ippi for reception.

oh I have researched heaps of hair and makeup i have a little spreadsheet of all the quotes and things but i dont have it on this computer sorry
i think depending on availablitiy will go with tomadons for hair as prices are pretty standard but the cheapest for mum and then makeup by karissa she is $70 so not the cheapest i came across but i love the look of her work.
You can get cheap hair prices from people who spealise in makeup and visa versa but i think i want people who spealise in each area. I also dont like the ones that quote $65+ as I want to know their upper limit without having to contact them, as lately with my 7week old my awake time is outside business hours.

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:40 pm

Glengariff girls..... What coach company are you using?

Glengariff told me to use Signature Coaches and its $550 for 53 seater.

I emailed them asking for pick up spots and they didnt give me any spots... but sent me an invoice type thing. The prive now says $625.

I didnt ask for any prices i simply asked for pick up spots... i feel as if they just want my money not to help me... im not finding them very helpful!

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Cheap Hair & Make Up?

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Julz_m wrote:
I'm so sorry I know this hair & make up question has been asked a lot. I really have done an extensive search.

Can anyone recommend good cheap hair & make up people around Brisbane?

I see a lot of people are using Sarah Laidlaw for quality but someone quoted she's $85 just for make up.

I'm only just starting out here but surely there must be others who are great quality at a cheaper price?

Thanks so much in advance.

I found this lady at an expo and am having trial next saturday 10th.
So excited!!!
She is really lovely and is having a special at the moment-
$25 trial, $50 Makeup.
She is based on sunny coast but will travel to sth east qld(travel included in fee).
I'll let you know if she's any good.
http://www.kyliejane.com P.S you get $20 worth of products when you book with her.
Last edited by MarlZ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:32 pm

i have signature coaches and it is costing us 750.00 for 9 hours

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Oooh, MarlZ!! I just emailed her re availability! I hope she's free, she's by far the cheapest I've seen anywhere!! I can afford $300 for trials and makeup on the day, but some of the other places were gonna charge me that much just for makeup on the day, not to mention that much again for trials!!

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:10 pm

I know, I was so happy when i found her,gotta love the price!!!
I'm gonna post pics on sat after i get trial.
YAY! I can't wait.

I nearly had a heart attack last night when i looked at my ticker and realised that the last few months have absolutely flown by and i only have 3 months to go.
Ahh, it's kinda scary!
FH told me to settle down but I all of a sudden felt stressed and I havent felt stressed at all up to this point.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Marlz, you're a legend hun! I'm definitely giving her a call! Awesome prices!

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:24 pm

Well, I just booked her for my trial (18th Nov at 11am) and for my wedding! She's so nice, we've been emailing back and forth all night!

And argh, my sister is driving me crazy!! She wants to get her makeup done by a goth friend of her FH -_- I'm like, "Okay, the gothic opera gown as a bridesmaids dress is cool... but you are NOT wearing goth makeup at my bloody wedding!!" and now she's sulking V_V

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:32 pm

OMG LOL Lucheiah you poor thing.... I can just imagine your wedding pics with some Marilyn Manson look a like 8O ..... hopefully she'll see sense before the day!

I can't believe you girls are nearly there! My gosh Lucheiah, I looked at your ticker yesterday and it said like 28 days and I nearly fell off my chair! It's gone so quickly!!!!

I'll have to make sure I drive past the rose garden that day!!!!

sarze
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:18 pm

sorry its been a while since my original post, i have been away for work for the past month. But in that time I have booked Danielle Robinson for makeup with Ashlea (see daniellerobinson.com.au for) for hair. There isn't really any great photos of Ashlea's work on the website but Danielle chose her to work with so I trust her. I am so glad I got Danielle cause I had my heart set on her, she was booked out so I was tentatively booked with one of her employees but when i rang to pay the deposit she had had a cancellation so I ended up getting her!
I have also been to Sydney to try on Maggie Sottero's (Had my heart set on Tuscana Vidal, but when i saw it in real life I thought it looked a little bit cheap compared to alot of maggie's. I think it was the 'netting' type overlay - I know nothing about fabrics lol) So i ended up trying on the Suzanne Vidal Satin and it was the one, Mum got teary lol. So was going to order on internet, but when i got home i looked on the website and realised suzanne vidal comes in satin or taffeta, I tried on the satin but have since found out that Abbey Bridal has both in stock and now i can't get the 'what if' out of my mind and know that i will have to fly back down to try on both and make sure satin is the fabric i want lol.
I want it in diamond white with silver. I actually tried it on at Dresssense in Miranda as well but they had a size 10 and tried to convince me it was definitely my size but it was sooo uncomfortable, i just couldn't figure out why, it just rubbed around the top. It wasn't until i tried the 6 at Abbey Brides that i realised it was just too big in teh bodice, the 6 felt unreal, it was sooo comfortable, but the butt didn't quite do up, so they said an 8 would be my size :) Gotta love bridal gown sizing (usually a 10-12 in real clothes).
Anyway, i will still post photos of my save the date cards as soon as i setlle back in at home and find the camera :) Better get to bed now or i will fall asleep at work tomorrow :)

Julz_m

Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:46 am

BrideMissy, how exciting for you to pick up your flowers! You really are a wealth on information and my eyes and ears while trying to blunder through this organising stuff from interstate. I hope you don't leave us after your big day. I said to FH I want to do Bridal make up for a living and make a weeks wages in one weekend! I really had no idea of prices until now.

Shirls84 Thanks for the info. I'll pay the price if I have to but I'm really going to try to find something cheaper. I even thought of having a trial at David Jones Napoleon counter (as I've heard they are well trained) and if the girl (or guy) is any good asking them if they'd like to make some cash on the side.

MarlZ That's more like it! Please let us know how you go. Especially with pics. I'm heading up next couple of months so if you're happy with her I'll book in for a trial.

Some people use Mary Kay, Nutrometics or Avon consultants but I guess it's hit and miss whether you can find a good one.

Julz_m

Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 am

Oh Wow! http://www.kyliejane.com is a great website and the make up looks really defined yet natural exactly what I'm after. Thanks so much MarlZ I'm going to definitely book a trial.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14