A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:05 am

BM - We'll be there around 4-ish that afternoon, if you wanna drive-by.

Kylie-Jane uses Mary Kay makeup, which I've heard is really good :)

It's scary being so close. I only hope my ankle's well enough for my heels by then - I re-sprained it (I sprained it back in August so bad I was on crutches for 2 weeks) while I was at Skirmish on Sunday, but my knee's buggered too so I'm favouring my knee over my ankle and ... lol, what a mess! Don't go skirmishing when you've only got a month til the wedding, girls!

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:07 am

No worries guys!
Im happy to have helped out.
I emailed her a pic of what i want my makeup like and she said she can re create it.
Here's what im after- i love it

Julz_m

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:19 am

Oooooh that's gorgeous!

That's exactly what I'm after, defined eyes with the rest natural and no blue or pink for me.

I've had hideous makovers in the past.

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:51 am

Wow, thats a beautiful look!! I'd probably go for something like that, because I like my eyes! I want them to REALLY stand out on the day but have really natural makeup everywhere else!

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:04 am

Yeah,I want my eyes to stand out too.
I might get her to do my eyes with more bronze-browny colours rather than black,coz they make my eyes stand out alot.

I bought one of those jessica simpson hair-do extensions(dark choc brown 23in, wavy) last week off ebay for $60.They retail for $180 so i was pretty stoked!

I really love it and you cant even tell that i have it in.
I wanted my hair like Ada's for wedding but it wont be long enough so decided to get hair-do and am soo happy i did coz it's perfect.Will have it in when i post pics after makeup trial so you can see it then.

Here's the link if anyone's interested-
http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=king_rat_75

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:15 am

Julz, thanks for the compliment hun, I've been here for nearly 2 years and before I joined and started researching and planning my own wedding, I had no idea! I won't be going anywhere after my wedding, I'll stay and continue helping girls out!

Lucheiah - I'll be the one hiding in amongst the rose bushes LOL

Girls, I have really dark eyes too, so want them to be the feature on the day.... I love that pic you posted Marlz.... it's similar to what I would like.

I like these ones too:

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:44 am

Oh, WoW! I love the eye makeup in second pic BM!

My eyes are green,(similar to model in pic i posted but bit lighter)so smoky eyes really make them stand out
I think that they are my fave part of me so i want to make sure they look good.

Kylie has fake lashes so i might get a couple on outer eye lashes for extra *POW* effect.

How are you girls wearing your hair?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:59 am

I have chocolate brown eyes with really long dark lashes (I don't need to wear mascara :D ).... I also have really dark natural hair (well it's died a mahogany colour at the moment lol) But I will die it back to similar to my natural colour for the wedding day.

I'm thinking of something like this for my hair (although, it was all down to nearly my waist and I had it chopped off to shoulder length a few weeks ago!)

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:23 am

I love it!
It's so pretty, I'm sure you will look gorgeous!!!
I'm loving all this pretty stuff.
It's so nice having you girls around.

I bought a rose fascinator from kleins the other day and am gonna have my hair out(long and curly) and pulled back at one side with the rose pinned in it behind my left ear.iykwim?
I'm hoping it looks as good as i think it will...LOL

I'll try find a pic of what i mean

Julz_m

Nail Art

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:47 am

Since you girls are so good at finding pictures maybe you can help me out?

Does anyone know of someone in Brisbane who does nail art?

I know it can look tacky but I've seen French Nails with really delicate pearl coloured air brushed flowers or swirls that are very understated but I just can't find any pictures of what I'm after.

I want to do a trial when I'm up there in a couple of months.

Mel0205
"Marriage of True Minds"
"Marriage of True Minds"

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:06 am

^^^ I go to to a nail artist on the northside who does fantastic nail art. I agree that is can look great when it's done professionally. I usually get french nails with a little design in the corner of one of my nails on each hand.

Mel0205
"Marriage of True Minds"
"Marriage of True Minds"

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:10 am

Sorry should have given you her details...

Banyo Nails & Beauty phone: 32677938

She has HEAPS of designs that you can look at or she can make one up for you.

Julz_m

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:04 pm

Cool! Thanks for that Mel0205!

Andie1983
Soon you can call me MRS Woody...
Soon you can call me MRS Woody...

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:14 pm

MarlZ wrote:
Yeah,I want my eyes to stand out too.
I might get her to do my eyes with more bronze-browny colours rather than black,coz they make my eyes stand out alot.

I bought one of those jessica simpson hair-do extensions(dark choc brown 23in, wavy) last week off ebay for $60.They retail for $180 so i was pretty stoked!

I really love it and you cant even tell that i have it in.
I wanted my hair like Ada's for wedding but it wont be long enough so decided to get hair-do and am soo happy i did coz it's perfect.Will have it in when i post pics after makeup trial so you can see it then.

Here's the link if anyone's interested-
http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=king_rat_75

Hey Marlz - how do these things work??

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:53 pm

sarze wrote:
I have also been to Sydney to try on Maggie Sottero's :)

Hey there Sarze
Did you know that Anne Marie and Mr John in the Queen St Mall (perhaps in the Myer Centre Im not sure) have Maggie Sottero dresses. Abbey Brides does not stock them anymore. Maybe give them a go first before heading abck to Sydney.

I found the ladies in there were super helpful. I have ordered MS dress Candice. It looks like crap in the photo, and I would never have tried it if the lady did not suggest it.

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:36 pm

I had similar experience but was back in perth... the lady brought out a dress and i looked at mum like NO WAY but i tried it on to be polite... fell in love and ordered it... Its Maggie sottero - "Jessica"

This i show i want my hair for wedding :)

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Haha I hated my dress both in pictures and looking at it on the rack. But its soooo the dress and I want photos of me in it now!! Anyone know if Anna Marie and Mr Johns lets you take photos after you have paid more than half of it and its been ordered? Oh maybe I should just get around to paying the rest of it off... I got my veil and now i want to try it all on!

LiLLeanneG
is now LeanneR
is now LeanneR

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:00 am

I got my veil too and i keep putting it on and i feel all bridey hehe. I ordered my hoop on the same night and it hasnt come... little worried :(

lucheiah
Geek Bride
Geek Bride

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:16 am

I don't have a veil, but I keep playing with my fascinator. I love it!!

I'm just going to have a French twist for my hair - it's just going to be so much easier than anything else!

It'll look like this, only with a frangipani fascinator instead of feathers:

I've got really blue eyes and fair eyelashes (they start dark but the tips are pretty light) so I'll definitely be wearing mascara, and probably gold-toned eyeshadows.

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:27 am

Hi Frenzal,
The lady I was dealing with at Anna MArie said that you can definately take photos once you have paid 50% and ordered the dress. Perhaps just give them a call and double check.

And please please post some pics as soon as you get them.

Hey Lil Leanne G
I tried on JEssica as well....it is soooo beautiful! In all honesty if I had not tried on Candice I would easily have ordered JEssica instead. The lace is just sensational and I love the sash and the beading..... I think you will look devine in it!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.96