A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

frenzal
pink princess
pink princess

Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:35 am

LiLLeanneG wrote:
I got my veil too and i keep putting it on and i feel all bridey hehe. I ordered my hoop on the same night and it hasnt come... little worried :(

Me too. :D Where did you order your hoop from? I ordred them both the same night (different sellers) and I got my veil on Wednesday and im still waiting on the hoop. Im hoping it turns up today. But not like I have my dress to try it on with yet. :(

I will most definantly be posting pics when I get some of me and my dress! I have to show it off to someone! hehe. I want pics of the dress to try and find shoes and tiara/comb, hoping that a pic will jog my memory and I don't get shoes in a colour that doesn't match etc...

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:08 am

Andie1983 wrote:
MarlZ wrote:
Yeah,I want my eyes to stand out too.
I might get her to do my eyes with more bronze-browny colours rather than black,coz they make my eyes stand out alot.

I bought one of those jessica simpson hair-do extensions(dark choc brown 23in, wavy) last week off ebay for $60.They retail for $180 so i was pretty stoked!

I really love it and you cant even tell that i have it in.
I wanted my hair like Ada's for wedding but it wont be long enough so decided to get hair-do and am soo happy i did coz it's perfect.Will have it in when i post pics after makeup trial so you can see it then.

Here's the link if anyone's interested-
http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=king_rat_75

Hey Marlz - how do these things work??

I put it in and can shake my head and it stay put,you cant see it's not real and my friends thought it was my hair(even tho its wsay longer than my hair).
Here's a link of how to put it in-http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=15EC6076834297AE-
IT"S AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
Last edited by MarlZ on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

I want a veil, haven't tried one on though and haven't bought one yet. I'm too freaked out about the whole thing LOL.... when my BM and I went dress shopping, the lady asked me did I wanna try a veil on with the dress and my BM said my face went as white as the dress was LOL

Just tooooo much! LOL

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:31 am

I'm having abit of a stress about veils at the mo'ment.
I always wanted one and now i'm thinking i dont,but then again it think i do.AHHHH, I cant make up my mind.
I don't wanna regret not having one but i dont wanna spend heaps of money on one when it's gonna taken off after the ceremony.
What do you girls think?
Should i have one?

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:41 am

Hi MarlZ
I think perhaps you need to try some on at a bridal store. Especially if you can try some on with the dress you are getting that would be great. There are all different lengths, types of tuelle, and some ahve beads and shiny or metallic thread as well. So I think just try on heaps of different veils with your dress and see if you like any.

Some dresses need a veil to 'complete' the look but some dresses can go without it and still look stunning.

Also perhaps think about a fascinator or just a simple flower or clip in your hair instead of a veil. As you said, you will probably take a veil off for the reception, so maybe it will be nice to have a little jewel or something in your hair for some sparkle.

Good luck

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:04 am

BrideMissy wrote:
I want a veil, haven't tried one on though and haven't bought one yet. I'm too freaked out about the whole thing LOL....

Just tooooo much! LOL
Me too Missy! I just can't get my head around the whole veil thing 8O but at the same time I stille think I'd like to wear one. Wonder what is causing the dilemma?

MarlZ
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:10 am

Loz&Rob wrote:
Hi MarlZ
I think perhaps you need to try some on at a bridal store. Especially if you can try some on with the dress you are getting that would be great. There are all different lengths, types of tuelle, and some ahve beads and shiny or metallic thread as well. So I think just try on heaps of different veils with your dress and see if you like any.

Some dresses need a veil to 'complete' the look but some dresses can go without it and still look stunning.

Also perhaps think about a fascinator or just a simple flower or clip in your hair instead of a veil. As you said, you will probably take a veil off for the reception, so maybe it will be nice to have a little jewel or something in your hair for some sparkle.

Good luck

Ive got a white rose fascinator and i've decided that i want a fingertip length veil with some crystals or something on the edge for abit of sparkle.
thanks for your advice,I'm happy that i decided!
I think that maybe i was abit scared of a veil coz i'm having abit of a freak out that i'm actually getting married soon.IYKWIM?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:16 am

roberta2000 wrote:
BrideMissy wrote:
I want a veil, haven't tried one on though and haven't bought one yet. I'm too freaked out about the whole thing LOL....

Just tooooo much! LOL
Me too Missy! I just can't get my head around the whole veil thing 8O but at the same time I stille think I'd like to wear one. Wonder what is causing the dilemma?

I think it's the one thing that I associate with getting married.... some wedding dresses can look like deb dresses, formal dresses etc, but ONLY a Bride wears a veil IYKWIM? I think that's what it is for me. :D

Loz&Rob
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:52 am

Hi ladies,
You knwo I haven't had any troubles trying on a veil...... but when we picked up my engagement ring and the shop lady was showing us wedding rings to match....... I FELT REALLY WEIRD!

I guess it is the same sort of thing.

Course I didnt say anything to FH :)

roberta2000
Princess At Last
Princess At Last

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:03 am

And Nuns Missy. I think I associate veils with the whole virginal thing. I have THREE CHILDREN and don't know if I feel right wearing one.A tiara I can deal with coz deep down we are ALL princesses.

BTW I am soooo excited. We are finally going to the reception venue this weekend to book. Things are getting real at last.

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:20 am

Oh jeez thanks Roberta - I hadn't thought of Nuns LOL.... Good luck with your venue this weekend!

I'm really excited too! I haven't worked for 9 years and finally realised that I can't be a SAHM mum anymore.... I need to work, I need to help pay for this damn wedding..... so I've been applying for jobs! I went for one interview back in Sept and they rang be back middle of Oct and I started last Thursday night. Then I just went for another interview this morning and the manager offered me the job on the spot! start in 2 weeks!

The first job is just for the busy Chrissy period in retail.....

the 2nd job is in the fast food industry :wink: and I can pick my hours - they're flexi too, so I can work around the other job!

So going from having no job, to having 2!!! OMG!!!! LOL

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:21 am

i reallty really really want a catherdral length veil.. so so bad but my dress is red and i dont think i want a red viel that big.. it will look to gothic..IYKWIM.. im hoping i can get a white wone with red crsytals over it or something, other wise i was thinking of chagneing my dress to white.. just so i cna have the viel.. silly isnt it..

Josky
Mr & Mrs Smith
Mr & Mrs Smith

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:21 am

well done bm.. you will have the wedding paid in no time!

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:23 am

Noooooooo KC you can't change the colour of the dress!!!! Why don't you buy a white cathedral length and try it on with your dress? If it doesn't look any good then you can sell it and get a red one?

Thanks Josky - I'm pretty stoked!

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:24 am

i know... im hoping my dress maker can make it work.. she said she woudl and i beileve her.. i just dont know.. i havenet and cant find any pics of a red gown with white catherdral length... im sure it will work out though...

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:44 am

Hey KC... look what I found!!!!

I know it's not red.... but here's a black dress with a white veil:

Another idea is that Viviennes Veils makes detachable veils, so you could have the cathedral part for the ceremony, then take it off?

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:46 am

KC.... another idea.... go into a dress shop, try on a red dress with a white cathedral length veil and see how it looks - saves you buying one then.

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:47 am

wow where did you find them, i haev been searching for months... see n=im not sure if i liek the red viel mmmmmm but then im not sure i liek the whote with the red dress hahaha man i am so hard to please.. this is going to be one hard decscion.. i betetr send these pics to my dress amker..

BrideMissy
Mrs Sharky
Mrs Sharky

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:48 am

I know what you mean.... believe me, I've been searching for them too hun. I actually just googled "red wedding gown" and searched through to find the ones with veils.....

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:51 am

might just go a facantaor yet i will just have to wait and see what the dress looks liek when its finished
GZIP: On | Load: 0.65