A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

misstina
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Gold Coast

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 pm

B2BinGC wrote:
I wish I had moved to Brissie already so I could come along to the Expo in the GC...I need inspiration like you...oh well hopefully they happen often.

There is another one the next weekend.. Can't remember where right now but I'll find the info if you like.. When are you moving here? There is also the major expo in Feb...

B2BinGC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:11 pm

misstina wrote:
B2BinGC wrote:
I wish I had moved to Brissie already so I could come along to the Expo in the GC...I need inspiration like you...oh well hopefully they happen often.

There is another one the next weekend.. Can't remember where right now but I'll find the info if you like.. When are you moving here? There is also the major expo in Feb...

I am moving to Brisbane on the 21st January....not long now...

chookylaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:09 am

tahnee_s wrote:
I saw quite a funny photo that i liked where the bride and groom hold their hands to the camera and give it the finger, no not the middle finger, the wedding ring finger but it definitely makes you look twice lol.
We are looking at going through ace photography, they have the cheapest package i have seen so far (all their prices are on their website). We are looking at just paying the base price where they take 200-300 photos and they give them all to you on high resolution disc. Then we would just get all the printing done ourselves.

Hi everyone its been ages and ages since i've been on here.
I'm using Ace too. for the same reasons as you too! you get all the photo's on disc and we are having about 100 prints too. He was the cheapest i found for the ammount of shots you get.

chookylaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:34 am

http://www.ourweddingexpos.com.au/qld.htm

Hey guys check this out, it has all the expo's for the rest of the year.

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:45 am

chookylaa wrote:
http://www.ourweddingexpos.com.au/qld.htm

Hey guys check this out, it has all the expo's for the rest of the year.

I saw that too, it's a great site. There is one this sunday near me but i'm not sure if I will have the spare cash to make it unfortunately

miss andrea

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:11 pm

thanks guys, i think its just because we have such a particular vision, and we don't want to take second best, if that makes sense.

we have a couple of places on the go, however they are not releasing pricing yet, so I am anxious so then we can arrange the viewing and then go from there.

The Souhtport yacht club is great - I have had lunch there a few times and with the refurbishment should be even better. Have not been able to fault anything, food or service!

Hopefully something will come through soon, now I am going to be a bride I just want to set the date!!!!! :D ha ha everything for us always has a way of falling into place, so I have no fears in everything coming together soon.

There is another expo at the convention centre in February which is massive, so I will put that one in the diary too

B2BinGC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:14 pm

miss andrea wrote:
thanks guys, i think its just because we have such a particular vision, and we don't want to take second best, if that makes sense.

we have a couple of places on the go, however they are not releasing pricing yet, so I am anxious so then we can arrange the viewing and then go from there.

The Souhtport yacht club is great - I have had lunch there a few times and with the refurbishment should be even better. Have not been able to fault anything, food or service!

Hopefully something will come through soon, now I am going to be a bride I just want to set the date!!!!! :D ha ha everything for us always has a way of falling into place, so I have no fears in everything coming together soon.

There is another expo at the convention centre in February which is massive, so I will put that one in the diary too

No no I love your idea of a private house!! I cant wait to see it in fruition!!

lizzythebride
I survived and got married

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:29 pm

B2BinGC wrote:
I am moving to Brisbane on the 21st January....not long now...

you should try to come along to the Brisbane meet up in Feb - good opportunity to meet some Brissy brides and get some insider knowledge. there's a few of us from brissy who got married on the gold coast, and most vendors service brisband, gold and sunshine coasts anyway.

...and any other brides, please feel free to come along. always great to meet new people and talk about all things wedding (us soon-to-be or just-been brides are the only ones who'll put up with it for hours on end!!!)

ellakayte

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:15 am

B2BinGC
Thanks for the offer but i have just had my wonderful celebrant take some photos of main beach viewing platform and send them to me. Yes not long to go now and am trying to get myself organised last time i thought about things was when i had 6 months to go and thought i had plenty of time and i will book things later. Then i realised in the new year i had less then 3 months so have had a very busy week and have just about got everything done. Just have a few things left that im working on at the moment. Although i have seen a really really nice dress on zero-love (essence of australia dress) and have decided that i am going to order it. My dress i have now is just a MrK so not expensive to change my mind so we are doing a whirl wind trip to adelaide next weekend to try ot on at the bridal shop and then if i like it will order it and hope it arrives in time for the wedding.

Can anyone reccomend a really nice restaurant on the anywhere on the gold coast to have lunch in after our ceremony (thursday) does not matter how expensive as there is only 7 of us.

Thanks Jas

Moofairy

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am

Can anyone reccomend a really nice restaurant on the anywhere on the gold coast to have lunch in after our ceremony (thursday) does not matter how expensive as there is only 7 of us.

I would love to hear these to, we are planning to have a celebration dinner after our wedding that night, it will be a sunday. We will still be dressed in our wedding clothes (me in my dress etc) so would prefer somewhere that is indoors and a touch more private as opposed to some of the places at broadbeach.

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:50 am

ellakayte wrote:
B2BinGC

Thanks Jas

Evergreen is quite nice
http://www.evergreenrestaurant.com.au/weddings-func.htm

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:28 am

YAY we have booked our ceremony, the date is set!! We are getting married at St Margarets Chapel followed by the reception at the Southport Yacht Club :D

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:12 am

good going tahnee!!

B2BinGC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:36 am

tahnee_s wrote:
YAY we have booked our ceremony, the date is set!! We are getting married at St Margarets Chapel followed by the reception at the Southport Yacht Club :D

Woohooooooooooooooooo!!! yeah I was looking at SYC as a possible recption venue, it looks really nice, but as my sister and I have little ones, we decided to stick with a hotel, etc.
I am pretty much wanting to lock in Palazzo Versace :D The only downfall with that is the room we are wanting only holds 40...which I suppose is a good thing, we dont want a huge wedding....and they cant guarantee the room we want unless a MINIMUM of 15 rooms are booked through the hotel for our guests..im telling ya now, no-one is going to be doing that!! They notify 3 months prior to your event if its yours or not...bit silly..but oh well...I will look for a "Break In Case of Emergency" venue.
Im still going ahead with my plans for Jan 2010 wedding, more likely a mid week one now cause its cheaper...but depending on how things go with our living arrangements (with the FMIL :? ) we may decide to save up for a house first lol.

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:20 pm

HI, I am newly engaged, but have decided I want somewhere at Mt Tamborine as my venue, either Tamborine Gardens or Cedar Creed Winery, can anyone tell me if they have good reports on these two venues, so many decisions but so exciting :D

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:20 am

Congrats on your engagement. Anything up Mt Tambourine is beautiful. I have never heard one bad report from up there but then again I don't know anyone personally who has been married up there lol. I know there are quite a few locations up there to choose from and they are all great in their own way. Good luck with your search :D

april02

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:20 am

CHOOKY,

My FH and I are getting married at Tamborine Gardens and love the venue. We are having a small weding so are using the rainforest pavilion, which is beautiful. Have you been there to have a look at their rooms? Misstina is getting married at Tamborine Gardens as well and there are a couple of other girls who were married at that venue but I am unsure if they are still using the forum. Let me know if you have any questions or anything.

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 am

chooky wrote:
HI, I am newly engaged, but have decided I want somewhere at Mt Tamborine as my venue, either Tamborine Gardens or Cedar Creed Winery, can anyone tell me if they have good reports on these two venues, so many decisions but so exciting :D

Congratulations on your engangement Chooky. We will be getting married at Cedar Creek Winery, that has been our decision from day dot. We will be going to a wedding there in February, so will be able to let you know how it was.

When are you looking at getting married?

misstina
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:22 am

chooky wrote:

Congratulations!!

The first decision FH and I made regarding the wedding was to hold it on Mt Tamborine - it is such a gorgeous setting.

As April02 mentioned, I am also getting married at Tamborine Gardens, but as I am having a larger wedding of 100 guests FH and I are using the chapel and the Starlight Room.

If you haven't already contacted them, ask to speak to Eileen as she was extremely helpful on our first time up there and in emails etc. She was just so willing to offer any advice she could.

Good luck with all the planning and HAVE FUN!! :D Can't wait to hear all about it.

ellakayte

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Where is the cheapest place to get theme park tickets?
I was told that you can get vouchers (perhaps shop a dockets) and its a buy 1 get one free. Does anyone know where i can get these vouchers or where the cheapest place to buy tickets is?

Thanks
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15