A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Gold Coast

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:33 pm

I would go to the theme parks website that you want to go to and see if they have any deals running at the moment.
Otherwise there is a site called hotdockets but i don't think they have anything running for the theme parks since its the holidays.

ellakayte
I survived and got married

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks Thanee_s. I had looked at hot dockets but of course they would not have anything due to school holidays. Thank you I will have to look when school has gone back.

misstina
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:43 pm

ellakayte wrote:
Where is the cheapest place to get theme park tickets?
I was told that you can get vouchers (perhaps shop a dockets) and its a buy 1 get one free. Does anyone know where i can get these vouchers or where the cheapest place to buy tickets is?

Thanks

... If you are an RACQ member, you can go to their offices and get cheap tickets.. Not sure about the price but a small discount. Also, there's often 'adults at kids prices' offers around.. McDonalds and surf stores are the places I've most commonly seen them that I can think of. And as mentioned, shop-a-dockets.

I don't think that they've ever done Buy 1 Get 1 Free though, or at least not that I've seen, sorry.

miss andrea

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:45 pm

Congrats Chooky on your engagement!!

Well ladies, I survived my first wedding expo, have an enormous bag of goodies and a load of Gold Coast wedding magazines to sift through LOL

And my dear FH was so supportive and sweet when I got home - I took my Mum - and we went through some stuff together. He then jumped on the net and we think we may have found a house!!!! It is in Tallai, newly listed, on 2.5 acres and they let you have weddings. I have sent them an email and we are arranging a viewing next weekend. SOoooo excited!

Moreover, I met 2 photographers that I thought were brilliant and I fell in love with both of their portfolios - and I was happy with their pricing too - well,I will negotiate, however i thought given how brilliant they were they would cost more. So once we set the date, I will contact them both.

Apart from that I just had a brilliant day and am now excited again about my wedding as we are so close to putting it in concrete - YAY!

Hope everyone had brilliant weekends too xx

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:09 pm

That is awesome miss andrea that things are starting to pan out for you. It all sounds great once it all starts falling in place. FH and I are planning to go to the expo in June/July so then we are 2 years out and can start booking what we want early hopefully

min2807

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:27 am

ellakayte wrote:
B2BinGC
Can anyone reccomend a really nice restaurant on the anywhere on the gold coast to have lunch in after our ceremony (thursday) does not matter how expensive as there is only 7 of us.

Thanks Jas

Hi Jas,

Well I just got back to Sydney after our 3 weeks in QLD. We had our wedding luncheon at Elevations Restaurant (on a Tuesday) and it was lovely. They are very helpful and even made up a set menu for us at a reasonable price. Another place I saw while I was away was Oskars on Burleigh. It is right on the beach. Here is link top see a sneak peek of our pics. http://www.naomivphotographyblog.com (Todd & Melinda)

Naomi was lovely to work with as was our celebrant Kirstine Britton.

I can't remember when your date is but I hope it all goes as you hoped and you have as lovely a day as we did.

Best wishes Min

min2807

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:40 am

B2BinGC wrote:
Ohhh I never even thought about school holidays.....bugger....I am planning a saturday beach wedding..... hmmmmmmmm should I rethink the date??

We got married on a Tuesday 30th December on Echo Beach (which I thought would be quite secluded) and there were HEAPS of people there..... but they all respected our space and we still had a lovely ceremony. Most of the people we passed were really friendly and keen to pass on their compliments and congratulations. (I think this made it feel even more special) Our ceremony was in the middle of the day, I guess time is an important factor as well. If we had done it earlier or later in the day there would have been less people. Something to think about.

All the best

chookylaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:00 pm

With the beach wedding, we're getting marrid on the headlands at burleigh, and i've hired a ceremony decorator lady to set up an area for us to keep people away for the duration. and i'm going to ask my celebrant to get people to crowd in to block off people walking through.

I'm glad the lunch at elevations was good. i'm meeting with them on the 15th Feb to finalise our menu, decorations and order of the day! getting very excited now!

How much to you think is too much for a hens night? i'm worrying about mine at the moment.

Hey who is left out there getting married shortly?

Vezza1981
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Cheeky Roxy wrote:
chooky wrote:
HI, I am newly engaged, but have decided I want somewhere at Mt Tamborine as my venue, either Tamborine Gardens or Cedar Creed Winery, can anyone tell me if they have good reports on these two venues, so many decisions but so exciting :D

Congratulations on your engangement Chooky. We will be getting married at Cedar Creek Winery, that has been our decision from day dot. We will be going to a wedding there in February, so will be able to let you know how it was.

When are you looking at getting married?

Congratulations Chooky!!

We are getting Married at Cedar Creek Winery too, it's beautifull, when is your wedding Cheeky Roxy? Ours is booked in for the 7th November 2009! Also i think there is only one Saturday left for 2009 at Cedar Creek Winery...well thats what we were told at our last appointment :o) We booked at the begining of Dec and all of November and December for 2009 were free so week picked the first avaliable Saturday, may have more choice if another day!!

Opps just looked at your ticker DUH!!!

Cheeky Roxy
Foxy Roxy
Foxy Roxy

Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Vezza1981 wrote:
Cheeky Roxy wrote:
chooky wrote:
HI, I am newly engaged, but have decided I want somewhere at Mt Tamborine as my venue, either Tamborine Gardens or Cedar Creed Winery, can anyone tell me if they have good reports on these two venues, so many decisions but so exciting :D

Congratulations on your engangement Chooky. We will be getting married at Cedar Creek Winery, that has been our decision from day dot. We will be going to a wedding there in February, so will be able to let you know how it was.

When are you looking at getting married?

We are getting Married at Cedar Creek Winery too, it's beautifull, when is your wedding Cheeky Roxy? Ours is booked in for the 7th November 2009! Also i think there is only one Saturday left for 2009 at Cedar Creek Winery...well thats what we were told at our last appointment :o) We booked at the begining of Dec and all of November and December for 2009 were free so week picked the first avaliable Saturday, may have more choice if another day!!

Opps just looked at your ticker DUH!!!

Hey Vezza1981, the only sat that is left is easter now as our friends were at the start of september but she is pregnant - and is due 2 days before their original date and all that was left was valentines day and easter for them to move it to, so they took valentines day. Got their invite today. We were to get married last april but now we are looking at september 2011. it will be our anniversary of when FH proposed.

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:57 pm

misstina wrote:
chooky wrote:

Congratulations!!

The first decision FH and I made regarding the wedding was to hold it on Mt Tamborine - it is such a gorgeous setting.

As April02 mentioned, I am also getting married at Tamborine Gardens, but as I am having a larger wedding of 100 guests FH and I are using the chapel and the Starlight Room.

If you haven't already contacted them, ask to speak to Eileen as she was extremely helpful on our first time up there and in emails etc. She was just so willing to offer any advice she could.

Good luck with all the planning and HAVE FUN!! :D Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thanks for your advice, I think its lovely, mother in law to be went and had a look on Sunday and said its gorgeous, and its cheaper than Cedar Creek Winery, trying to save as much as we can, as we are building a house also, and no we are not rich..hehehe....
We are looking at a garden wedding and then into one of the rooms for the reception. We are going up there this sunday to have a look and hopefully book it, we are looking at 23/10/2010, plenty of time for us to save some much needed cash. I wish you the best with your planning, and thanks heaps for your advice. I love Mt Tamborine, its so pretty

ellakayte

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi Min2807
You looked absolutly amazing and your photog did a fantastic job (i have just emailed her :lol: ). thanks for your rec for Kirstine Britton - I have booked her and she seems so lovely.
Thanks once again.

DanE

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi min2807!

We got married at Burleigh Heads and had our reception at Elevations so I just had to look at your photos and they are gorgeous! Your boys (all four of them) are soooo cute :D

I love hubby's shirt and the look on your face when you're walking towards him :heart:

Can't wait to see more!

min2807

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:29 pm

ellakayte wrote:
Hi Min2807
You looked absolutly amazing and your photog did a fantastic job (i have just emailed her :lol: ). thanks for your rec for Kirstine Britton - I have booked her and she seems so lovely.
Thanks once again.

Oh EllaKayte, I'm so excited I was able to give someone some good advise for a change instead of just reading everyone elses. You will love Kirstine and Naomi they are both lovely!!! Kirstine went above and beyond for us & Naomi's website says it all.

All the best and let me know how you go. When is your date???

Melinda

min2807

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:34 pm

DanE wrote:
Hi min2807!

We got married at Burleigh Heads and had our reception at Elevations so I just had to look at your photos and they are gorgeous! Your boys (all four of them) are soooo cute :D

I love hubby's shirt and the look on your face when you're walking towards him :heart:

Can't wait to see more!

Thanks DanE

The shirt was from Tarocash and the look on my face is me trying not to ball my eyes out!!! I was the picture of cool, calm and collected until I rounded the corner and got a look at him. So not me!! :lol:

Thanks for your compliments on my 4 boys, I agree wholeheartedly!! :D :D :D

ellakayte

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi Melinda
I have just sent an email to Naomi to book her for the wedding and a TTD. Your right her website says it all. I had a list of over 50 photographers and narrowed it down to about 10 but just could not decide as none of the photos on their websites 'jumped' at me until i had a look at Naomi's. I was so excited i had butterflies looking at the pictures and assumed that she would charge at leaset $2000 (the only other photog i saw which i really really liked gave me a quote for $2800 base price) she emailed me with in about 20mins and i just about hit the floor when she said it was $300. After a few emails back and forth i panicked thinking that it could not possibly be this good and i must have read the cost wrong and thought that it should have an extra 0 on it so had to go back and re read it.

Im so greatfull for your recs - thank you (insert smily with big bunch of flowers)

Our wedding is on 26th March. Im off to try another dress sat and if i like it i will order it from zero love so hopefully it gets here in time as the weddings not too far away.

DanE

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:56 pm

ellakayte wrote:
Hi Melinda
I have just sent an email to Naomi to book her for the wedding and a TTD. Your right her website says it all. I had a list of over 50 photographers and narrowed it down to about 10 but just could not decide as none of the photos on their websites 'jumped' at me until i had a look at Naomi's. I was so excited i had butterflies looking at the pictures and assumed that she would charge at leaset $2000 (the only other photog i saw which i really really liked gave me a quote for $2800 base price) she emailed me with in about 20mins and i just about hit the floor when she said it was $300. After a few emails back and forth i panicked thinking that it could not possibly be this good and i must have read the cost wrong and thought that it should have an extra 0 on it so had to go back and re read it.

Hi ellakayte! Is that $300 for wedding AND TTD? I want to do a TTD before the end of summer and had a quick look at her website last night - she's great! :D

min2807

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:11 pm

PS: DanE

I've just found your wedding pics on the site and they are great!! Your family is gorgeous, especially your older daughter, what a stunner. I love the idea of writing "thank you" in the sand and taking the pic, I wish I'd seen that before my wedding, we could have had "Just Married" and sent the photos to all the people we haven't told yet!!!

ellakayte

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi, its $300 for each $600 in total.
Im so looking forward to the TTD just as much if not more then the wedding :lol:
Not sure if she has done any TTD (on my comp which is really slow at loading all the pics so far have not seen any) but it will be so much fun

min2807

Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Wow, told you she was great!!!! I wish you could see the smile on my face, I am so happy that your happy. That is the price she charged us and she was unreal, she ended up staying longer than expected, and she is lovely!! I can't wait till March now to see how it all goes for you.

I'm off now to put my pretend flowers in water before they wilt. :wink: :D

ps: I've spoken with Naomi and she has done a TTD. Don't think it's on her blog though.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.58