A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kyza84

Re: Gold Coast

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Im getting married at Nobbys beach then heading to North Burleigh surf club for recpetion, i didnt even know that they did them til we went there for a dinner one night,, its only jst been reno'd and its great.. Cant wait and right on the waves.. what more could we ask for.. hope no rain ... xxxk

miss andrea

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 pm

kyza84 wrote:
Im getting married at Nobbys beach then heading to North Burleigh surf club for recpetion, i didnt even know that they did them til we went there for a dinner one night,, its only jst been reno'd and its great.. Cant wait and right on the waves.. what more could we ask for.. hope no rain ... xxxk

I love that area - it will be just gorgeous for you both. The surf club sounds great too, especially if with a refurb. It will be lovely both day and night.

min2807

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:25 am

kyza84 wrote:

Wow that sounds great. A friend suggested one of the surf clubs to me for our luncheon but I had already started talking to Elevations and trying to organise it all from Sydney was daunting enough. I'm sure your day will be lovely. :D

lizzythebride
I survived and got married

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:08 pm

kyza84 wrote:

we had our reception at North Burleigh Surf Club in September and it was absolutely fantastic!!

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:46 pm

ellakayte wrote:
Hi Melinda
I have just sent an email to Naomi to book her for the wedding and a TTD. Your right her website says it all. I had a list of over 50 photographers and narrowed it down to about 10 but just could not decide as none of the photos on their websites 'jumped' at me until i had a look at Naomi's. I was so excited i had butterflies looking at the pictures and assumed that she would charge at leaset $2000 (the only other photog i saw which i really really liked gave me a quote for $2800 base price) she emailed me with in about 20mins and i just about hit the floor when she said it was $300. After a few emails back and forth i panicked thinking that it could not possibly be this good and i must have read the cost wrong and thought that it should have an extra 0 on it so had to go back and re read it.

Im so greatfull for your recs - thank you (insert smily with big bunch of flowers)

Our wedding is on 26th March. Im off to try another dress sat and if i like it i will order it from zero love so hopefully it gets here in time as the weddings not too far away.

OMG $300 for a photographer, that is super cheap, nice work

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Any suggestions for a good photographers for Mt Tamborine venue???
I have been emailed heaps of companies, but thought I would see if anyone has had good experiences with photographers???

Any help would be muchly appreciated :D

dotty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Min and Chookylaa

I had my wedding reception at Elevations in Oct. Was meant to have ceremony on Echo Beach, but got rained out. The whole day was so grey - made good pics on the beach tho! Moved ceremony inside of Elevations, was still lovely even though I was a tad disappointed I didn't get my beach wedding. Elevations were good with this. My only gripe is that we had a cocktail reception, I paid extra for extra food, especially platters downstairs whilst we had photos, and no platters or anything went downstairs! I didn't find out til later, and I had my only bridezilla moment doing my cool about the food! Even now I get angry thinking about it. Every meeting with them I had, I stressed how important the food was, so I was bitterly disappointed. When the food did come out, it was great, it was just so LATE and everyone was so hungry - a brides worst nightmare! I dealt with Adam the whole planning time, and on the night he had nothing to do with it, and apparently didn't hand over to Alicia (who was great) that the platters were to go downstairs. So they basically got a bit of money out of me for nothing. I didn't chase it up post wedding cos it was all over and done with and what could they do? We only just spend the minimum spend so there was not much option. Everything else was great, Alicia was awesome, bar guys were great, etc etc, can't complain about any of that. I had a seperate decorator who was so fabulous, esp when I was stressed about the weather, she made the inside of Elevations look great! Believe me, if it rains, Elevations is still good for the ceremony, don't be too stressed about it, they are very accommodating and the pics still look nice!

Dont' mean to put you off, they were very new to taking over back then, and are very good otherwise, if the food was out on time I would have not one gripe at all! Good luck for all your weddings!!!

I'll post some pics, I don't know if I put them in my pro pics. Hope you all don't mind. It just shows the inside of Elevations at different stages, might give you an idea of your own pics.....

cocktail set up

this is our treasure chest on the table near the stairs

the registry table set up, and signing

group shot on the driveway

still had a nice backdrop for ceremony

decos

cake cut

the dance

hope that helps! xxx

shell23

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:58 am

Kyza - were also having our reception at the North Burleigh Surf Club its such an awsome spot hey!! When are you getting married??

Was wondering if anyone coul help me with some uggestions... I still need to book somwhere to stay for the night before the wedding and our wedding night around the Burleigh area and was wondering were you guys stayed tghat got married in that area? Does anyone know of some nice places?? I would love to get photos around the resort/hotel with my bridesmaids so r4ally wan to find a nice place :)

shell23

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:05 am

Oh and dotty may I ask where you got your treasure chest from... its gorgeous!

min2807

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:38 am

chooky wrote:
I have been emailed heaps of companies, but thought I would see if anyone has had good experiences with photographers???

Naomi is based in Brisbane.... I definitely recommend her. Worth taking a look and deciding for yourself. :)

DanE

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi shell23

We stayed at the Regency on the Beach and LOVED it. This was the view from our room, I think we paid $200 for it.

There are HEAPS of places to stay, friends and family stayed at the Swell Resort, Koala Cove Resort (I think that was $360 for three nights) and Tallebudgerra Caravan Park ALL of them were very happy.

chookylaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi Dotti!! long time no hear!

i'm still going with Elevations. i'm getting more and more nervous about it each week that goes past. lol and i didnt really need to read again your issues with them, (no offence or anything, i'm just nervous). I'm meeting with Adam and hopefully Alicia on the 15th Feb. That will only be then 2 months and a bit to the wedding. i want to organise decorations and stuff now but Adam says he is in cohoots with some decorator people that give a discounted price.
Dotti, who were your decorators?

I looked at the North Buirleigh surf club (and the burleigh beach one too) and they ar eboth beautiful. We didnt want to have a buffett which turned us right off the Nth surf club. The beach one was also just too small for our needs. And pokies anywehre near my family in law is a bad idea i think.

I spoke to Swell a while ago and they are doing a 15% discount for all my guests if they stay there. that's wehre i'll be staying the night before the wedding, in a 2 bedroom apartment and my sister and parents will have the room for the saturday night. I think the boys are doing the same.

Hens night soon!! yay i'm having g string waiters and a stripper all at my MIL place in Yatala, so ppl can stay the night, pleanty of space and she has a pool. we are having cocktails. i hope to start getting rsvp soon.

dotty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:18 pm

shell - i live in bris and i got the treasure chest made at the petrie markets for around $70. I really wanted a chest and not a well so I was happy to pay that.

chookylaa - i'm sorry if i upset you! like i said, everything, bar that food delay, was great! and they know they stuffed up and i don't think they'll be in a hurry to do it again. Alicia will be there on the night, helping you with everything, directing stuff etc, she is tops. Please don't be nervous, when you meet with them jsut explain exactly what it is you want eg:' I want platters downstairs at 4pm on the dot whilst we get our pics taken' etc. I think they have improved if they are having Alicia at the meetings. They must realise its handy to meet her prior to the day of your wedding!I didn't meet her til the arvo of my wedding. I think Adam organises the food only, Alicia runs the show on the night, and I think Jason hangs around also, he is really nice and helpful and professional. I only met Adam, and it was just after they took over the place. I went with a different decorator - Eventurous Themes (Yvonne) http://www.eventurousthemes.com.au/- and she was FAB! I really wanted coloured chair covers not white with a sash and she was one of the few that could help me. Her prices are the most reasonable, she does alot of extras for no charge, and she always responds promptly to emails and calls. Plus, she has done heaps of weddings at Elevations. I personally would go with her or your own decorator. Adam was "in the process" of getting a deco organised back in Oct and I just preferred to have more control over it and bring my own decorator in. Your reception will be great - are you having sit down or cocktail? once again, sorry if i made you nervous, i just want you to make sure you get the night you want.

dotty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:26 pm

also shell, our fam stayed at Key Largo, they gave a discount cos alot of people stayed there. I stayed the night with Mum and Dad at La Pacifique, great view, but not ideal for pics as tehir pool is tiny and not landscaped. The night of the wedding we stayed at Burleigh Surf apartments, pricy but SOOOOOOO nice very luxurious, I wish I stayed there the night before for nicer pics! burleigh Surf is opposite North Burleigh Surf club. Also the florist I used is on that block too, near Maccas, she was awesome too!

Has anyone who is married thought about selling stuff? I was thinking about getting rid of my 50 thousand bridal magazines, treasure chest, etc etc, did you, and do you think its worth it?

Vezza1981
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:46 pm

We are getting married at north tamborine and staying there the night before too, does any body know of a good, vintage car or horse carriage place that have affordable prices?

dotty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi all. I have heaps of weddings mags, including Gold Coast Weddings, Cosmo Bride, Real Weddings, Shop Weddings and others, mostly from 07-08. A few things cut out for my scrapbook, but mostly in awesome condition. I was going to put them up on Ebay, but thought I would offer you girls first. I live in North Brisbane and welcome pick up. Too heavy to post them all. If you just want the GC Weddings ones (I have 4) etc I am happy to post those! I know you girls are on the coast but I thought I would let you know. I also let the Brissy girls know in their forum. Please PM me if you are interested, if noone is, I'll post on EBAY. Thank you!

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 pm

min2807 wrote:
chooky wrote:

Naomi is based in Brisbane.... I definitely recommend her. Worth taking a look and deciding for yourself. :)

Would you happen to have her details so I can get in touch, thanks for that in advance

dotty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 am

For all those wanting lolly buffets...I've got 8 or so vases that people can buy for really cheap off me. I had a lolly buffet at my October 08 wedding on the Gold Coast (I live in Brisbane though). I bought all of them from homewares stores, department stores or discount stores. They are all in good nick and currently packed in bubble wrap and stored. Consists of brandy shape, tall cylinder, tall rectangle, small fishbowly shape with a more open top (as seen with the jellybeans in the pic below), tall cognac glass, and other variations of these shapes. I also have the tongs and scoops that I used with them.

Please PM if I can help you. I don't need this many vases :D

I'll add some pics of the buffet on the night...

Cheers!

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:24 am

yummm a lolly buffet sounds delicious. I wonder what the other parents would think :wink: I would have to put them up a bit higher so kids couldnt just help themselves, other wise we may end up with some very hypo kids running wild lol

min2807

Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:30 pm

chooky wrote:
min2807 wrote:
chooky wrote:

Would you happen to have her details so I can get in touch, thanks for that in advance

naomivphotography.com.au
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23