A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Gold Coast

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:50 pm

dotty wrote:
For all those wanting lolly buffets...I've got 8 or so vases that people can buy for really cheap off me. I had a lolly buffet at my October 08 wedding on the Gold Coast (I live in Brisbane though). I bought all of them from homewares stores, department stores or discount stores. They are all in good nick and currently packed in bubble wrap and stored. Consists of brandy shape, tall cylinder, tall rectangle, small fishbowly shape with a more open top (as seen with the jellybeans in the pic below), tall cognac glass, and other variations of these shapes. I also have the tongs and scoops that I used with them.

Please PM if I can help you. I don't need this many vases :D

I'll add some pics of the buffet on the night...

Cheers!

Wow that looks great, a lolly buffet.....Nice idea, was that along side the dinner

oshen11

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Do any venues on the GC provide fireworks for reception? :roll:

dotty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:30 am

Yeah the lolly buffet was kind of a bonbon - we also had stubby coolers cos all the beer at the venue was in bottles. It was cleaned out pretty fast - by the big kids! It did look fab, very colourful, which was part of our theme :-)

chookylaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi Dotti,

we are having a sit down meal for about 100 ppl. We were going to have that ammount anyway, but now we have a minimum spend so we may as well have as many ppl as we can. I have bought some shallow fish bowls for the table decorations, and got some 'seaweed' stuff off whatnext.com, so going to fill bottom of vases with sand, shells and starfish entwined in seaweed with a candle in them. i got 60 or how ever many candles from Ikea for about $5.
I need to organise table runners and chair covers and some venue decorations. All depending on how much it all costs.

I'm glad they opened that bottom bar so ppl can have drinks there because not many ppl will be driving and can go there and have a few drinks and nibblies. i will definetly look up the decorators. i've struggled to find people in the area that will help with some things and not others.

Getting a bit stressed now. its 3 months till i get married. i've still got so much to organisxe and pay for! Blasted budgets, they are no fun.

dotty
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:49 pm

chookylaa - LOL jeez you sound like me haha. Well I'm pretty sure Yvonne that I mentioned in a previous post will do as much or as little as you like. If all you want is table runners etc, that is not as time consuming as a full on reception set up, and I'm sure she'll be happy to do it. She did a few things for me, as in, she set up a few things for me that were my own etc. She is seriously good value - with a great personality and good taste as well! by the way, your own deco's sound awesome!
I don't have any of those vases you were after, sorry! and good tip about ebay - taaaa!
3 months - woo hoo! It's been about 3 months SINCE I got married and sometimes I miss all the planning!
Let me know if you want to know about any of my other suppliers etc, happy to help out!

Cheers!

chooky
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:02 pm

oshen11 wrote:

A girl I work with recently got married at Avica and they had fireworks

tahnee_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 pm

chooky wrote:
oshen11 wrote:

A girl I work with recently got married at Avica and they had fireworks

Avica shut down in december chooky. It was such a popular wedding venue that I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

Moofairy
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:19 am

I was planning to have my wedding at avica originally then went to contact them and saw they had shut down! was shocked also, but things worked out for the better. they are the only ones i knew of that did fireworks...sorry i couldnt be of more help.

chookylaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:02 pm

oshen11

i think if you wanted fireworks, the gold coast is the place to get them. Have you tried the yellow pages? you might be able to get a permit to have them on a beach or in a public area.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09